Page 27 of 56 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    I'm simply saying that just because YOU dislike them doesn't mean that they actually need to be changed.

- - - Updated - - -

Blizzard determines that, not you.
    Blizzard has set the art style for this game years ago. Dracthyr go against it.

I find it hilarious that people think others cares so much about the appearance of the race at all. I promise you when I’m playing I’m going to be seeing wings in my peripheral vision and that’s it. I care about how it plays not looks. Are y’all just sitting there staring at your character as your doing content one handed?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Au-burn View Post
    Blizzard has set the art style for this game years ago. Dracthyr go against it.
    Wtf does this even mean? They aren’t going against any art style with dracthyr. And they don’t have a set art style at all haha what in the actual hell does this even mean you guys are coming up with some really wack shit to say just because you dislike how it looks

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Woods123 View Post
    I find it hilarious that people think others cares so much about the appearance of the race at all. I promise you when I’m playing I’m going to be seeing wings in my peripheral vision and that’s it. I care about how it plays not looks. Are y’all just sitting there staring at your character as your doing content one handed?
    If people didn’t care about appearances then Mechagnomes would be one of the more popular races. (Or at least allied races)

As they’ve got objectively the best racials:
    Free extra augment rune.
    Cheat death
    Free locksmith no matter class
    No need for profession tools.
    Mirror images to help kite mobs in solo content.
    Chen isn't a Monk

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    All that is great and all but if the class isn’t OP nobody is going to want to play the ugly race.
    Hince why every tinker thread is like “Ok we need to add all these races that aren’t Gnomes or Goblins to Tinkers.”
    Your view that it’s ugly is an opinion, and it’s an uninformed opinion because you haven’t even seen the full customization options yet. This race is supposedly going to be one of the most customizable races Blizzard has ever produced, so the idea that most players aren’t going to be able to find an appearance they like is nonsense.

Monks also give the entire raid additional physical damage done to bosses which raises the numbers for most of the raid.
    You’re literally insane if you believe they’d have a healer that doesn’t ‘cast’, it would ruin the balance of PvP because they couldn’t be interrupted.
    Getting raid utility isn’t what I’m talking about. Monks came in with a glut of Melee DPS, a pretty fun tank spec overshadowed by better options, and a complicated healing spec. On top of that, they started at level 1 with a level 90 level cap. These early setbacks greatly limited their adoption rate among players.

DEs have none of those inherent problems.

Evoker will be a hero class for DF sure, but it’ll be squished to level 10 after DF gets added to chromie time.
    Okay, but for the next two + years, DEs will start at level 58, which improves their rate of adoption among veteran players looking to switch mains for the new expansion, AND they’re the first new ranged DPS spec since vanilla. You can’t discount those benefits simply because you think they look “ugly”.

If people didn’t care about appearances then Mechagnomes would be one of the more popular races. (Or at least allied races)

As they’ve got objectively the best racials:
    Free extra augment rune.
    Cheat death
    Free locksmith no matter class
    No need for profession tools.
    Mirror images to help kite mobs in solo content.
    But is it really the best though? Up until now that meant you had to be on alliance which means you can’t find a group for anything and also is it *really* the best? Most of the things you mentioned is pretty useless in min/maxing content which is what the majority of these players care about.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you think Dracthyr look as bad as mechagnomes, you need your eyes checked.

MGnomes also have the huge problem that no class really fits them. They’re cyborgs in a medieval MMO.

1+ Year Old Account
    But is it really the best though? Up until now that meant you had to be on alliance which means you can’t find a group for anything and also is it *really* the best? Most of the things you mentioned is pretty useless in min/maxing content which is what the majority of these players care about.
    Better than the Belf/Nelf racials which aren’t nearly as good in comparison, and yet they’re the most popular races in the game.

Augment runes are very important for min/maxing content.
    Cheat death is an actual wipe saver especially if you’re a tank or healer.
    Mirror images again are good for kiting, which kiting is essential to do on things like necrotic weeks.

- - - Updated - - -

If you think Dracthyr look as bad as mechagnomes, you need your eyes checked.

MGnomes also have the huge problem that no class really fits them. They’re cyborgs in a medieval MMO.
    If you think WoW is a “medieval MMO” then you haven’t been playing the game.

Ever since BC we’ve had space ships, gone to multiple planets. Hell even Vanilla has Gnomeregan with mech suits and all the technology involved with Gnomes.
    Wrath we had literally everything with Titan technology and Ulduar with orbital cannons. Not to mention the other Mechagnomes…
    ICC had a whole boss fight aboard a flying technological airship.
    Legion we had literal star fighters, flying mech suits, more space ships with warp drives, rail guns, etc.
    Last edited by Nightshade711; 2022-06-26 at 03:06 PM.
    Chen isn't a Monk

10+ Year Old Account

Ever since BC we’ve had space ships, gone to multiple planets. Hell even Vanilla has Gnomeregan with mech suits and all the technology involved with Gnomes.
    Wrath we had literally everything with Titan technology and Ulduar with orbital cannons. Not to mention the other Mechagnomes…
    Legion we had literal star fighters, flying mech suits, more space ships with warp drives, rail guns, etc.
    In terms of class options, there’s only medieval choices. That directly effects Mechagnome adoption rates.

Dracthyr on the other hand are a draconic race that can be a draconic class.

Better than the Belf/Nelf racials which aren’t nearly as good in comparison, and yet they’re the most popular races in the game.

Augment runes are very important for min/maxing content.
    Cheat death is an actual wipe saver especially if you’re a tank or healer.
    Mirror images again are good for kiting, which kiting is essential to do on things like necrotic weeks.

- - - Updated - - -

I never said people don’t roll races for looks, you specifically said mechgnomes should be the top because they are the best racials in the game. It doesn’t seem like it is by how you’re talking about it now.

They’re 100% gonna last through the xpac. (Or at least until 10.3)
    But that’s because they’re going to be OP as shit for a majority of the Xpac like DHs and DKs and it’ll force people to look past their terrible current design that looks nothing like wow dragonkin as other posters have previously said.

However after DF when they get nerfed to be in line with the other classes they’ll die out in popularity like Monks.
    Assuming they don’t fix the race, that is.

Ah! touché
    Last edited by raz98; 2022-06-26 at 03:46 PM.

In terms of class options, there’s only medieval choices. That directly effects Mechagnome adoption rates.

You have yet to demonstrate any sort of evidence of a race's popularity being heavy dependent on "class that fits".

Not to mention if you pick hunter, grab a mechanic pet, use a gun, and transmog your armor with the mechagnomes' gear, or use all the other tech-like transmog in the game, you can easily look like a technological hero.

1+ Year Old Account

Hunter exists with guns and mechanical pets.

But either way didn’t you want a tinker class and believe that they’d be the most popular class that blizzard would add? Tinkers don’t seem very medieval to me.
    Chen isn't a Monk

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    You have yet to demonstrate any sort of evidence of a race's popularity being heavy dependent on "class that fits".

Not to mention if you pick hunter, grab a mechanic pet, use a gun, and transmog your armor with the mechagnomes' gear, or use all the other tech-like transmog in the game, you can easily look like a technological hero.
    So you’re arguing that someone rolling a warrior is more apt to choose a gnome with robot arms than a Tauren, Orc, or Human?

Also while Hunters offer robotic pets, the entire class is laced with decidedly non-tech animal/tracker abilities.

- - - Updated - - -

Hunter exists with guns and mechanical pets.

But either way didn’t you want a tinker class and believe that they’d be the most popular class that blizzard would add? Tinkers don’t seem very medieval to me.
    See above. BM is heavily animal themed, MM is more of a sniper spec, and survival is melee. The idea that Hunters fit the Mechagnome fantasy is laughable. It’s clearly geared towards the heroes of that class; Rexxar, Alleria, Tyrande, etc.

Also last I checked, you can’t play as a Tinker.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2022-06-26 at 03:37 PM.

Like I said, "naked lizard-people" are going to get old SUPER fast. It's not to say that can't be salvaged, but they basically HAVE to be changed in some capacity. Give them the option to wear armor (as well as the option to hide it -- yes, including a "Hide Pants" option), OR make them look draconic enough that they literally CAN'T wear armor.

But there's just no way in hell Blizzard gets away with launching what it otherwise a standard new race, but for absolutely ZERO reason are unable to wear armor. If they can make armor work for Worgen and Tauren, they can sure as hell make it work for these lizard-people.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    Like I said, "naked lizard-people" are going to get old SUPER fast. It's not to say that can't be salvaged, but they basically HAVE to be changed in some capacity. Give them the option to wear armor (as well as the option to hide it -- yes, including a "Hide Pants" option), OR make them look draconic enough that they literally CAN'T wear armor.

But there's just no way in hell Blizzard gets away with launching what it otherwise a standard new race, but for absolutely ZERO reason are unable to wear armor. If they can make armor work for Worgen and Tauren, they can sure as hell make it work for these lizard-people.
    Yeah, like this strikes me as so fucking lazy. One basic model form that can only wear a set of pre-chosen armor when blizzard can clearly make armor work for just about every model. One class that can only be played by this one race so that they dont have to put in the work coming up with animations for any other races or classes besides: F Worgen rig if I remember correctly since combat is only on the F Worgen rig.
    I'm not going to talk about the visage form. I think its an absolute abortion, but it's a purely cosmetic form so its not going to feature too prominently outside of SW RP of Original the Character.
    Last edited by raz98; 2022-06-26 at 04:29 PM.

1+ Year Old Account
    MM is more of a sniper spec, and survival is melee.
    Yes, the sniper spec. Snipers are a gun. More specifically guns that are advanced enough past the whole musket/flintlocke style.
    Survival’s main rotation makes use of bombs though does it not?

Also last I checked, you can’t play as a Tinker.
    Never said they were.
    Kinda hypocritical to say Mechagnomes don’t fit when you’re such a die hard tinker fan to the point of trying to say a dragon themed expansion would have tinkers and they’d fit just because of a robot dragon store mount.
    Chen isn't a Monk

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post

Except an argument can made that since this is a monster race, armor isn’t required as long as there is a class to match their racial lore.

Take Worgen for example. Would players trade the Worgen ability to wear armor for a real werewolf class, or a class that matches Greymayne in HotS? I would argue that they would in a heartbeat.

- - - Updated - - -

Wtf does this even mean? They aren’t going against any art style with dracthyr. And they don’t have a set art style at all haha what in the actual hell does this even mean you guys are coming up with some really wack shit to say just because you dislike how it looks
    Ofc they have a set art style and it's been with us since Warcrat III. It may change but that's another story. Soythyr don't look like dragons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, the sniper spec. Snipers are a gun. More specifically guns that are advanced enough past the whole musket/flintlocke style.
    Survival’s main rotation makes use of bombs though does it not?
    The first snipers used bows.

And while Survival uses a bomb on rotation, that doesn’t mean much when you have abilities like Raptor Strike, Serpent Sting, Carve, Mongoose Bite, and Muzzle and you’re swinging around a spear.

Never said they were.
    Kinda hypocritical to say Mechagnomes don’t fit when you’re such a die hard tinker fan to the point of trying to say a dragon themed expansion would have tinkers and they’d fit just because of a robot dragon store mount.
    Uh, I’ve always argued that one of the arguments for the Tinker class is that races such as mechagnomes don’t fit in the game without a tech-based class.

And this is wildly off topic btw.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2022-06-26 at 04:08 PM.

Except an argument can made that since this is a monster race, armor isn’t required as long as there is a class to match their racial lore.

Take Worgen for example. Would players trade the Worgen ability to wear armor for a real werewolf class, or a class that matches Greymayne in HotS? I would argue that they would in a heartbeat.
    I mean, Worgen and Tauren are certainly both "monster races".

I think you touch on an interesting point, though, in regards to a "werewolf CLASS". I think there's definitely a cool idea there, in some alternate universe. But I think you would have largely the same issue, if they remained in that form 100% of the time in combat, couldn't wear armor, and if you only had the female Worgen model to choose from.

The HotS Greymane is a radically different situation. I would also note, A) his werewolf form actually LOOKS like a werewolf, and B) it still wears clothes/armor.

Now for the record, I think if they look like ACTUAL dragons (even bipedal as they are), I'm with you, they wouldn't NEED armor in my mind. But if they aren't going to wear armor, then what's the point of making them LOOK like humans with scales? What's the point of making their bodies SO smooth and lacking distinctive detail, like scaled plating or ridges, spikes, etc?

It just seems like a weird middle-ground to land on, which doesn't really do anything to justify its existence. If they're going to be humanoid, then let them wear armor. Or if you don't want them to wear armor, make them look truly draconic. This half-measure isn't going to make anyone happy.

I mean, they literally look like Argonians from Morrowind -- except they can actually wear clothes are armor: