Page 31 of 56 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumble View Post
    I'm sorta amused at the fight between 3 people with sexualized, animated, female avatars arguing over who has the biggest issues. Its just amusing.

As far as the thread, lets hope Blizzard is using the short amount of time they have afforded themselves to give everyone the type of playable dragons they could want in a customizable way that makes everyone go "ok that works for me".

The fact they have released so very little and aren't trying to show things off yet makes me wonder if they are hard at work trying to salvage their offering.

We shall see.
    Oi mate! I ave ere non sexualizaed and clothed male character avatar.

They better fucking be workin hard on this shit or else fuck them. There are more games to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    Idk man.
    Googling “Argonian with wings” brings me awfully Dracthyr-esque results.
    Only difference is that those argonians wear armor and actually have some muscle mass which is what lets them take the cake.

If the Dracthyr actually had muscle like “perfect soldiers” would, and/or actually had more draconic facial features instead of looking soft then maybe they’d be better.

Like this for faces:

Throw that in with a slightly bulkier body type, and you’ve got a good race.
    Honestly, the heads/faces by themselves actually look fantastic. It's the REST of the body, it just looks very "off", like it doesn't "match".

Like I said, I could go either way; make them more draconic and they don't need armor, or keep them humanoid and add armor. But what they showed off just isn't going to cut it.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If that’s what you prefer, you’re never going to be satisfied by WoW’s version of a dragon race, because Blizzard would never allow a playable race in WoW to look like an Arogonian.
    Argonians look better than the half-dragon visage garbage you're evidently drooling over.

Argonian visual design is fine, as is the Evoker form, though it could benefit from some improvements—such as, you know, being able to wear armor. It is Visage that must be destroyed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Idk man.
    Googling “Argonian with wings” brings me awfully Dracthyr-esque results.
    Only difference is that those argonians wear armor and actually have some muscle mass which is what lets them take the cake.
    If you have blinders full of bias on, sure. Aragonians dont match the style or look of Dracthyr, or WoW races in general.

Thankfully.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arikara View Post
    Argonians look better than the half-dragon visage garbage you're evidently drooling over.
    Have you seen the Visage form in it’s entirety to reach that conclusion?

I didn’t think so.

I didn’t think so.
    I've seen enough to hate it twice over. Besides, there exists no possible way to make a human with a half-assed sprinkling of scales look good, and any and all attempts at making a dragon into such a tasteless abomination is destined to end in failure. If such a "half-dragon" shows even an ounce of human skin, it has already failed. Either go all the way with the dragon or draconid, or don't bother at all.

Unfortunately, in your case, the issue is that you have poor taste.

Dragons should have been a class. Then with the players race being their visage form, with some additional dragonic flare.

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wonderment2 View Post
    Dragons should have been a class. Then with the players race being their visage form, with some additional dragonic flare.
    I agree with this.
    See little to no reason why Dracthyr (in the state that we were shown) couldn’t have been solely a class.

Unless they actually do open up other classes to Dracthyr after DF.
    Chen isn't a Monk

I agree with this.
    See little to no reason why Dracthyr (in the state that we were shown) couldn’t have been solely a class.
    Me neither. Even if you kept the half-dragon form just make it toggleable and just make them transform to do the Onyxia breath attack etc.

10+ Year Old Account

I didn’t think so.
    You do know we have full images of the dracthyr's visage form shown in the expansion reveal, right?

"Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    You do know we have full images of the dracthyr's visage form shown in the expansion reveal, right?
    And we have not seen all of the customization options yet.

- - - Updated - - -

I've seen enough to hate it twice over.
    Of course you have.

1+ Year Old Account

It will never not be hilarious to me that their visage form is so muscular/chiseled… but their dragon form is basically just skin and bones.
    Last edited by Nightshade711; 2022-06-28 at 10:48 PM.
    Chen isn't a Monk

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, but notice how all of them have horns, meaning it's highly unlikely we'd get a "no horns" option, and how all of them have scales on their shoulders, arms, legs and body, meaning it's highly unlikely we'd get a "no scales" option.

The point is: this is what they are, and it's highly unlikely the finished product is going to be more than this. 'More', in this context, meaning getting more options for customization aside from colors.
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

1+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, but notice how all of them have horns, meaning it's highly unlikely we'd get a "no horns" option, and how all of them have scales on their shoulders, arms, legs and body, meaning it's highly unlikely we'd get a "no scales" option.

The point is: this is what they are, and it's highly unlikely the finished product is going to be more than this. 'More', in this context, meaning getting more options for customization aside from colors.
    Oh nah Ion did confirm in one of the interviews that we’d get options without the draconic stuff so we could be like “Onyxia in disguise”.

Here’s just to hoping with that they go through with letting us fight in visage form.
    Chen isn't a Monk

10+ Year Old Account
    It will never not be hilarious to me that their visage form is so muscular/chiseled… but their dragon form is basically just skin and bones.

I wouldn’t consider that to be skin and bones. Also they’re extremely tall, perhaps even taller than Tauren.

100% of the ones we have seen are godawful and must be destroyed.

In order to be not awful, it must either pick a side: be totally an elf/human, at which point you've just got some of the worst/most bland races that aren't going to impress anyone, or it must be totally a draconid, which is what the Evoker form is meant to be, therefore there is no reason for the visage to exist.

The images that Ielenia so helpfully provided—and the many others officially provided, as well as the awful fanart that you've held up previously in this thread—all only serve as excellent examples for why the visage form must be destroyed.

1+ Year Old Account

I wouldn’t consider that to be skin and bones. Also they’re extremely tall, perhaps even taller than Tauren.
    Lmao

/10chars
    Chen isn't a Monk

10+ Year Old Account
    The images that Ielenia so helpfully provided—and the many others officially provided, as well as the awful fanart that you've held up previously in this thread—all only serve as excellent examples for why the visage form must be destroyed.
    But they won’t be, so what are you going to do? Whine about it for perpetuity?

Quote Originally Posted by Au-burn View Post
    Oi mate! I ave ere non sexualizaed and clothed male character avatar.
    That's a male?

Honestly I'd believe it over believing that Dracthyr are dragons.

- - - Updated - - -

But they won’t be, so what are you going to do? Whine about it for perpetuity?
    Given your post count, I wonder if you were around defending the furry suit Worgen female models.

I mean, we know which side you were on, but I'm curious if you were posting about it back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    Been saying this since the reveal.

It's a real flop compared to what it could have been
    I feel like Dracthyr will get the Worgen treatment. They come out kinda ugly looking and but updated to look more presentable...eventually
    ( -> | |=====-~
    / ) \ | |
    - " "-| |
    ( -> | |====~
    / ) \ | |
    -" "-| |

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumble View Post
    Given your post count, I wonder if you were around defending the furry suit Worgen female models.

I mean, we know which side you were on, but I'm curious if you were posting about it back then.
    I never cared for Worgens, thus I never talked about them one way or another.

I wish more would follow that example in regards to Dracthyr.