Page 46 of 56 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    According to this,

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Dragonhawk

They’re half eagle and half lion, not reptiles.
    I believe there's shenanigans afoot.

"Half-lions, half-eagles" are gryphons. And on top of that, not only they named it "dragonhawk" and not "dragoneagle", but also there's not a single "lion" bit on that thing.

Anyone got the Sylvanas book to verify this description, and possibly show a screenshot? It says that description appears on page 94.

7+ Year Old Account
    No need to go over this again, since you've been proven wrong multiple times over.

This is a double standard. Essentially you're saying that its okay for Druids to not show transmog in combat form, but it's a deal breaker for Dracthyr because of "reasons".

Also you can't fully see your transmog in either Druid DPS form. Cat form doesn't show transmog, Moonkin form doesn't show transmog, and the Astral Glyph makes your transmog transparent with stars flying around it.

I'll repeat; Saying that you can't see your transmog as a Dracthyr is a false statement.

I could imagine that for many players, being able to play as a dragon and gaining access to the powers of the dragonflights trumps any versatility that the Druid class offers.

Again, draconic magic INCLUDES the ability to transform into a mortal or into a dragon. Thus when a Dracthyr is in Visage form and turning into a dragon, they are using draconic magic to do so.

In other words, Trolls are somehow not anorexic despite them being skinnier than Dracthyr.

Nope. I was pointing out that we have a flying magical reptile that breathes fire and you're saying it's not a dragon. You bringing up Emerald Drakes has literally nothing to do with what I said, and nothing more than a whataboutism.

- - - Updated - - -

It's not uncommon for dragons to not wear any armor in dragon form.
    Lol, imagine if Wrathion would use his visage form transmog in dragonform. KekW

#TEAMGIRAFFE

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Lol, imagine if Wrathion would use his visage form transmog in dragonform. KekW
    scale him down to size of Dracthyrs

Now image Wrathion walking bipedal in his dragon form, Stormwind streets while being bare ass naked, he would be running as "flash" Exhibitionist.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

1+ Year Old Account
    I am just seeing this thread now (have not read ANY posts). Do we expect there to be a lot more customization options for Dracthyr compared to what was shown?

Quote Originally Posted by Catastrophy349 View Post
    I am just seeing this thread now (have not read ANY posts). Do we expect there to be a lot more customization options for Dracthyr compared to what was shown?
    Absolutely, they statedf as much in the initial interviews that much more was to come.

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Catastrophy349 View Post
    From what they have said, there will be more body type options.
    But they’ve said “slightly bulkier and slightly skinnier” than what was shown.
    So we’ll see if there’s actually a noticeable difference or not during Alpha next week.
    Chen isn't a Monk

1+ Year Old Account
    For the Dragons!

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    They already showed them wearing chests.

No pants, boots, gloves are already slots not available to some current races.

And no helm? eh thats fine, and really only shoulder and helm are the two main ones, as they are the most noticable because they actually alter the sillihoute, chest is the next most important.
    The chest is barber shop shit. Which either means it's magical transforming armor or it's like their visage form armor and an illusion. Either way means there is no reason they couldn't or shouldn't be able to "wear" full sets of armor it's just Blizzard being lazy like how they are bipedal and mortal sized and yet have a visage form. They can't even say it's to blend in since they look like they are from Jem and the holograms and not a normal wow elf/human. This is a race that can create a visage with detailed armor and yet so inept they can only make a visage of a female human or make blood elf. The only reason they can't be a tauren or worgen, can't wear a lot of armor, and have 2 bipedal forms is cause Blizzard is lazy.

So looks like Dracthyr can be more buff and can wear wow style armor (is this starter gear or baked on?)

So I guess Blizz doesnt agree with Teriz after all.

I haven't seen anything that CONFIRMS the "armor" they're shown wearing is Barbershop stuff or not, but I definitely get the impression it is.

Assuming it is, that is still going to be hugely disappointing. Again, the armor might look cool and new INITIALLY, but by the time this expansion ends, it's going to lose some luster. I mean, a HUGE reason that players run content is for the transmogs and visual progression of their character. Blizzard even made a bit show about the new Class-sets that are coming in Dragonflight, which honestly DO look pretty sweet, at least in the artwork (Priests' set was probably the coolest, imo). Yet... Dracthyr don't get to wear it? Or I'm sorry -- "they get to wear it in-town, IF they remember to click Visage form, like a Worgen having to use Two Forms just to SEE any of their armor".

Now, if I'm wrong I'll totally eat crow. But it certainly LOOKS like it's going to be Barbershop armor, and if it is, then that shit is lazy.

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    I haven't seen anything that CONFIRMS the "armor" they're shown wearing is Barbershop stuff or not, but I definitely get the impression it is.

Assuming it is, that is still going to be hugely disappointing. Again, the armor might look cool and new INITIALLY, but by the time this expansion ends, it's going to lose some luster. I mean, a HUGE reason that players run content is for the transmogs and visual progression of their character. Blizzard even made a bit show about the new Class-sets that are coming in Dragonflight, which honestly DO look pretty sweet, at least in the artwork (Priests' set was probably the coolest, imo). Yet... Dracthyr don't get to wear it? Or I'm sorry -- "they get to wear it in-town, IF they remember to click Visage form, like a Worgen having to use Two Forms just to SEE any of their armor".

Now, if I'm wrong I'll totally eat crow. But it certainly LOOKS like it's going to be Barbershop armor, and if it is, then that shit is lazy.
    They had previously said in interviews that it’ll be barber shop armor. They said we’d only be able to transmog shoulders, belts, and tabards…

Though the shoulderpads in what they’ve shown seem to match the rest a bit too well so maybe shoulderpads are going to be there too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Myradin View Post
    So looks like Dracthyr can be more buff and can wear wow style armor (is this starter gear or baked on?)

Unless they changed their mind, I believe it’s all barber shop armor.
    Though I know for certain the weapons aren’t going to be from the barber shop, because they showed off a 1h sword sheathed at the hip.

To be honest blizzard has never really shared opinions with Teriz. Maybe he’d see that after a while.
    Chen isn't a Monk

I mean, credit where credit's due; the new options shown are definitely a MASSIVE improvement. Enough so that I'm genuinely looking forward to trying one out regardless.

I just still worry that if that armor is truly Barbershop-only, then we're still going to run into the case of after a year or two, that armor is going to seem VERY boring. And it really takes the wind out of the class's sails, that Blizzard make a big fuss about showing off the new Class sets, but if the Dracthyr don't actually get to WEAR any of that new armor, then they're missing out on a HUGE part of the fun.

1+ Year Old Account
    I mean, credit where credit's due; the new options shown are definitely a MASSIVE improvement. Enough so that I'm genuinely looking forward to trying one out regardless.

I just still worry that if that armor is truly Barbershop-only, then we're still going to run into the case of after a year or two, that armor is going to seem VERY boring. And it really takes the wind out of the class's sails, that Blizzard make a big fuss about showing off the new Class sets, but if the Dracthyr don't actually get to WEAR any of that new armor, then they're missing out on a HUGE part of the fun.
    Agreed.
    While it likely won’t happen, I am really hoping that they make the Evoker tier sets specifically for Dracthyr and let them be visible in Dracthyr form.
    (Since no other race would be able to wear it anyways)

They’ve already done so. Some of the heritage armors can’t even be worn for other races.
    Chen isn't a Monk

Yknow what? The body types are ok at this point. You have thin options, you have bulkier options.

My big issue in terms of their design are the faces. Every single version of them looks simply like a toy for 6y olds. Big, round, goofy eyes, basically no teeth. They look like they could appear in a childrens cartoon.
    Compare them to Worgen, who have a lot of face options that look wild, feral and dangerous, and the Dracthyr just look silly.

The other issue i have with them is that they are just unnecessary. Weve had Drakonids and similar creatures in the game since forever. They couldve easily filled this slot. Creating yet another humanoid sub-species out of thin air, and then scramble some half-assed lore behind them to make them somewhat fit in the story was simply unnecessary.
    The crooked shitposter with no eyes is watching from the endless thread.

From the space that is everywhere and nowhere, the crooked shitposter feasts on memes.

He has no eyes to see, but he dreams of infinite memeing and trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Houle View Post
    Yknow what? The body types are ok at this point. You have thin options, you have bulkier options.

My big issue in terms of their design are the faces. Every single version of them looks simply like a toy for 6y olds. Big, round, goofy eyes, basically no teeth. They look like they could appear in a childrens cartoon.
    Compare them to Worgen, who have a lot of face options that look wild, feral and dangerous, and the Dracthyr just look silly.

The other issue i have with them is that they are just unnecessary. Weve had Drakonids and similar creatures in the game since forever. They couldve easily filled this slot. Creating yet another humanoid sub-species out of thin air, and then scramble some half-assed lore behind them to make them somewhat fit in the story was simply unnecessary.
    Facts. Their heads look like shit. Give them more masculine options and it's gonna be great. Heads like this would be fucking cool

It's a fan edit from this thread: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...d-Fix-Drakthyr

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myradin View Post

Uh, where did I say they couldn't be buffer or wear custom (barber-shop) armor?

I said we're not going to get shit like this;

Or that nonsense about Dracthyr wearing full armor.

https://i.ibb.co/kSJb4H7/drakonid.png
    That what you call "shit" is a thousand times better than what we're getting with the dracthyr. That what you call "shit" at least those resemble dragons a lot more than the dracthyr does.

The only "nonsense" is what you're spewing. It's not "nonsense" or "shit" to want the newest playable race to be able to display all the armor the game has available.

1+ Year Old Account
    Uh, where did I say they couldn't be buffer or wear custom (barber-shop) armor?

If you looked at the previews, you’d see that they do wear full armor… from the barber shop.
    Shoulders, chest, pants, feet, hands, head… all represented here.

Don’t see why it’s so bad to let us wear those same slots as transmog, instead off barber shop.

- - - Updated - - -

Also we see the Dracthyr clearly having weapons visible.
    Specifically the first of the armored Dracthyr is seen with a sword sheathed at its hip, which is something you were adamant they wouldn’t have.

Chen isn't a Monk

Druids get class sets we don’t see in combat that often. I’m not sure it’ll be that different honestly. Bonus points if they do make visage form combat plausible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    That what you call "shit" is a thousand times better than what we're getting with the dracthyr. That what you call "shit" at least those resemble dragons a lot more than the dracthyr does.
    That

resembles a dragon more than this?

Stop being ridiculous.

The only "nonsense" is what you're spewing. It's not "nonsense" or "shit" to want the newest playable race to be able to display all the armor the game has available.
    It can...

In visage form.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    If you looked at the previews, you’d see that they do wear full armor… from the barber shop.
    Shoulders, chest, pants, feet, hands, head… all represented here.
    Which I have no issue with, since its armor specially designed for Dracthyr, not crap like this;

Don’t see why it’s so bad to let us wear those same slots as transmog, instead off barber shop.
    Because it won't look nearly as good as that.

Also Dracthyr also have the option of running around in the buff, which might be the preferred look.

- - - Updated - - -

Also we see the Dracthyr clearly having weapons visible.
    Specifically the first of the armored Dracthyr is seen with a sword sheathed at its hip, which is something you were adamant they wouldn’t have.

I said sheathed in the back, where the wings would clip heavily. Also you'll never be swinging that costume baber-shop dagger.