1. #1061
    https://twitter.com/soulsobreezy/sta...84214143287296

    This gives an example of how much faster dragon riding is. Now imagine a fully upgraded dragon.

  2. #1062
    The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    21,075
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    I'm fairly sure you can find their shoulders in the Broker vendors inside Torghast. At least, they look really similar.
    you can in fact find the shoulders I more so meant the rest of the mawsworn couldn't just be turned into trasmog without remaking them from the ground up as I believe they are all one connected model like the suamar night bourn were.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

  3. #1063
    The Insane Ielenia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    18,908
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    you can in fact find the shoulders I more so meant the rest of the mawsworn couldn't just be turned into trasmog without remaking them from the ground up as I believe they are all one connected model like the suamar night bourn were.
    Ah, the entire set. Gotcha.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons and as a last, drastic measure.
    Oof...

  4. #1064
    The Unstoppable Force Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Dragon Isles
    Posts
    24,110
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    https://twitter.com/soulsobreezy/sta...84214143287296

    This gives an example of how much faster dragon riding is. Now imagine a fully upgraded dragon.
    Remember when we used to argue about whether or not Dracthyr could fly?

    Soar is easily one of the best racials ever created. I hope it makes it to retail.

  5. #1065
    Also, some nice bit of immersion for those that didn't know.

    If you mount up in dragon form you automatically change to your visage form. Also, if you start a fight in visage form, you transform into a dragon then when the combat ends you automatically turn back into the visage form. That's pretty neat.

  6. #1066
    I kinda hope they refine that just a liiiiiittle bit more.

    I'll concede turning back to visage to mount, but I kinda wish they'd just give you a generalized toggle button so you don't have it auto-swap you back the first time you enter/exit combat after mounting

  7. #1067
    Honestly, when I see this, I can't help but think "what should've been our Dragon-class" when I see Emmigosa here:

    https://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/scree...al/1067896.jpg

    Maybe a touch bigger, I suppose, but if we had the same level of customization, but on an actual DRAGON body, I would've been over the moon.

  8. #1068
    When I hear 'player sized dragons', I'm picturing a Spinal Tap - Stonehenge situation.

  9. #1069
    Pandaren Monk cocomen2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Sweet Home Alabama
    Posts
    1,835
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    Honestly, when I see this, I can't help but think "what should've been our Dragon-class" when I see Emmigosa here:

    https://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/scree...al/1067896.jpg

    Maybe a touch bigger, I suppose, but if we had the same level of customization, but on an actual DRAGON body, I would've been over the moon.
    little bigger in size and it would be perfect, somewhat x1.5 size of Druid Cat form i think, like that demonform on 38 sec.

  10. #1070
    The best thing everyone can do is just stop playing. I don't actually know who this game is made for anymore. There's been better Draknoid models in the game since Vanilla

  11. #1071
    Seeing all the cool dragonkin, be it dragons, drakes, drakonid or dragonspawn, i feel sad and angry that we end up with the worst option available. It is such a tease...
    If they wanted to do something crazy, they would let us play as mount sized quadrupedal dragons, it wouldnt be that much of a deal as some people here say.

  12. #1072
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantazma View Post
    EVIL
    Skewing your priorities 101

  13. #1073
    The Unstoppable Force Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Dragon Isles
    Posts
    24,110
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    Seeing all the cool dragonkin, be it dragons, drakes, drakonid or dragonspawn, i feel sad and angry that we end up with the worst option available. It is such a tease...
    It’s the worst option in your opinion. I rate the Dracthyr rather highly in terms of playable dragon options.

  14. #1074
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    Seeing all the cool dragonkin, be it dragons, drakes, drakonid or dragonspawn, i feel sad and angry that we end up with the worst option available. It is such a tease...
    If they wanted to do something crazy, they would let us play as mount sized quadrupedal dragons, it wouldnt be that much of a deal as some people here say.
    this, so much

  15. #1075
    Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    little bigger in size and it would be perfect, somewhat x1.5 size of Druid Cat form i think, like that demonform on 38 sec.
    Exactly.

    Regardless, it's still just so baffling, because even IN THE ALPHA there are more appropriate models.

    It really does seem like, maybe the folks at Blizzard just... fundamentally don't understand who Warcraft's fans are? Either that, or are perhaps very intentionally trying NOT to deliver content that clearly appeals to them?

    Like I said, I'm fine with the current option being the "female/body-type 2" option, but there really ought to be a more traditionally masculine body to choose from, as well. Something like General Draven's model.

  16. #1076
    Banned Ihavewaffles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    The spice must flow!
    Posts
    4,876
    Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    little bigger in size and it would be perfect, somewhat x1.5 size of Druid Cat form i think, like that demonform on 38 sec.
    Whoa that bike mount at the end...and are those battle pets?

  17. #1077
    Honestly, I'm still just kind of stunned HOW goofy the Dracthyr look in-game. I feel like we really need a "Male" body-type, and also the ability to wear ACTUAL armor and full transmogs (save for cloaks, I can understand those not being allowed).

  18. #1078
    The Unstoppable Force Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Dragon Isles
    Posts
    24,110
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    Honestly, I'm still just kind of stunned HOW goofy the Dracthyr look in-game. I feel like we really need a "Male" body-type, and also the ability to wear ACTUAL armor and full transmogs (save for cloaks, I can understand those not being allowed).
    I would recommend just rolling a different race and ignore the Dracthyr altogether. Leave the race to the players who are perfectly okay with how they look.

  19. #1079
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    I would recommend just rolling a different race and ignore the Dracthyr altogether. Leave the race to the players who are perfectly okay with how they look.
    Sadly people will just keep going on about it and not get over it,

  20. #1080
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Uh....no.... That looks like a dragon had sex with a goblin...


    Can't say this race can become anything more than an alt, I mean, there is no transmogs to gather for it, so what is the point?

    - - - Updated - - -



    That 1st picture is corrupted form from ny'alotha, the one below is the current'ish
    It's his corrupted but also adult form. The one below is drake.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    Honestly, I'm still just kind of stunned HOW goofy the Dracthyr look in-game. I feel like we really need a "Male" body-type, and also the ability to wear ACTUAL armor and full transmogs (save for cloaks, I can understand those not being allowed).
    They do my mate. They look like some skink lizardboys but definitely not dragons.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by CalamityHeart View Post


    Eh, sure. It looks good, certainly wouldn't hurt being a playable option for those who want that.

    It looks pretty much exactly like what I was expecting that others wanted out of the dracthyr, the macho beeftank. Which is to say that it's exactly what I was expecting would be not for me, and what makes me relieved that the current iteration of dracthyr are a bit closer to what I could see myself playing and enjoying.

    What that model definitely does get right for me, though, is the head and face. They're very, perfectly draconic. If dracthyr had a little more options like that, touching more on the draconic portion of them and a little less on the portion of whatever else that makes them up, they'd be absolutely golden, far as I'm concerned.
    It's fucking amazing!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •