Page 8 of 56 FirstFirst ...
6
7
8
9
10
18
... LastLast
  1. #141
    Pit Lord Lady Atia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    The Rumour Tower
    Posts
    2,489
    Quote Originally Posted by Au-burn View Post
    It would be awful to antagonize male players by denying them heroic dragon class/race. If there is a race that should look menacing then it is dragon related one.

    They are beyond fucked up right now.

    Mate, no, just no.
    This reply proofs that they are right on track. Good job Blizzard <3

  2. #142
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Maybe you are just not the target audience for the new race? It's pretty much a girly race imo, and that's fine.
    Female player right here and I play with a few other girls and they're liking the look of Dracthyr, even a few of the guys say they can't wait for it.

    It's gonna be awesome imho, im hyped

    Quote Originally Posted by Au-burn View Post
    It would be awful to antagonize male players by denying them heroic dragon class/race. If there is a race that should look menacing then it is dragon related one.

    They are beyond fucked up right now.

    Mate, no, just no.
    There's already alot of masculine antagonizing looking races in the game, play one of them.

    Face the facts that you are just not the target audience and honestly I'm glad they're choosing to ignore you toxic types, you're so disrespectful.

  3. #143
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    People always say this but in the end they end up going with what they teased.
    Oh? When have you seen a placeholder graphic go live?

  4. #144
    Pit Lord Lady Atia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    The Rumour Tower
    Posts
    2,489
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiriastrasza View Post
    Female player right here and I play with a few other girls and they're liking the look of Dracthyr, even a few of the guys say they can't wait for it.

    It's gonna be awesome imho, im hyped



    There's already alot of masculine antagonizing looking races in the game, play one of them.

    Face the facts that you are just not the target audience and honestly I'm glad they're choosing to ignore you toxic types, you're so disrespectful.
    Yeah, the consensus with my friends and guild members is also either super positive or indifferent to them, which again, is totally fine, not everyone has to love everything.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Eosia View Post
    Oh? When have you seen a placeholder graphic go live?
    Why are you even thinking that any Dracthyr graphic is a placeholder? A placeholder would use an old model, like f.e. Khadgar back in the WoD alpha:


  5. #145
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    This reply proofs that they are right on track. Good job Blizzard <3
    Sure, bro, sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiriastrasza View Post
    Female player right here and I play with a few other girls and they're liking the look of Dracthyr, even a few of the guys say they can't wait for it.

    It's gonna be awesome imho, im hyped



    There's already alot of masculine antagonizing looking races in the game, play one of them.

    Face the facts that you are just not the target audience and honestly I'm glad they're choosing to ignore you toxic types, you're so disrespectful.
    I want to play epic dragon not a furry wetdream.

    They are not ignoring it. In fact Blizzard has responded to criticism within one day of Dragon Isles announcement.
    Last edited by Au-burn; 2022-06-16 at 02:10 PM.

  6. #146
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Why are you even thinking that any Dracthyr graphic is a placeholder? A placeholder would use an old model, like f.e. Khadgar back in the WoD alpha:
    Because they needed concept art to actually show for the reveal?

  7. #147
    Pit Lord Lady Atia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    The Rumour Tower
    Posts
    2,489
    Quote Originally Posted by Eosia View Post
    Because they needed concept art to actually show for the reveal?
    They didn't show concept art, they showed already finished ingame assets on a level of playable races. And this wasn't a sudden out of the blue "oh we have to show something tomorrow" reveal but a pre-recorded video that was prolly done weeks, if not months in advance. Besides that, it makes zero sense to create a good looking "placeholder" model if you can just do the real deal. Again, placeholders are done via old ressources, like with my Khadgar example above.

  8. #148
    I bet Blizzard will spin it that the dracthyr we've seen at the Dragonflight announcement were the female model, and the bulkier, more dragon resembling ones that they've been working on since the backlash will be presented as the male model they had planned all along.
    unclench your jaw

  9. #149
    Quote Originally Posted by Futch View Post
    The hate stems from blizzard showcasing Wrathion, Ebonhorn, Ysera, Kalegos, etc. all being dragons and are able to hide their draconian (?) version better than the Drakthyr. If they made the Drakthyr be open to all races, we wouldn't be reading crap like this, on the otherhand we might.

    Bascially people want what worgens have, the ability to change from normal to beast.

    people are just looking for reasons to hate the class, but when they play it they'll be the first to tell you how awesome it is.
    What I think they should have done is had Drakthyr be literal experiments. Like... you make a Tauren and pick Evoker. You get a cutscene of your tauren getting "captured" and dragged off to a lab. They split dragon DNA into the tauren DNA and POOF, you're now an evoker. Your "non-dragon" form is the tauren you created. Your dragon form you get to customize. And agree with OP, make it like bear form sized regular looking dragon.

    Give some option for like solo content that makes you appear huge only on your screen so you can feel like a big dragon without people covering up quest givers and other griefing.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

  10. #150
    Quote Originally Posted by Au-burn View Post
    It would be awful to antagonize male players by denying them heroic dragon class/race. If there is a race that should look menacing then it is dragon related one.

    They are beyond fucked up right now.

    Mate, no, just no.
    You know, it's ok for male players to also like cute stuff.

  11. #151
    The Insane Ielenia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    18,530
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    That really isn't what the Dracthyr are designed after. They're designed after Alexstraza, Wrathion, Kalecgos, and similar creatures who almost always appear in humanoid form. The Dracthyr/Dragon form we're getting is the compromise of technical and size limitations, but it's basically your typical dragon standing on their hind legs.
    Drakonids resemble way more a dragon for players than the dracthyr, even without the wings, mostly for it being a staple of the game ever since WoW has gone live.

    Also, for the umpteenth time: the dracthyr not "designed after Alexstrasza, Wrathion and Kalecgos". You see absolutely nothing of those characters in the dracthyr, in visage or pseudo-dragon form. Male form looks like an elf, so that's less "Wrathin and Kalecgos", and female form is human female, so no "Alexstrasza". And as for the class' abilities, we have no healing powers for the red dragonflight, and zero earth aspect powers, too.

    It's amusing how you keep insisting that the dracthyr was inspired in those characters and yet we see zero of those characters in the class and race.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    This reply proofs that they are right on track. Good job Blizzard <3
    So "antagonizing male players" is the "right track" for you? Are you sure you want to imply that misandry and "sexism against men" should be the norm now?
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons and as a last, drastic measure.
    Oof...

  12. #152
    Quote Originally Posted by MrCool View Post
    You know, it's ok for male players to also like cute stuff.
    No thanks.

  13. #153
    The Insane Ielenia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    18,530
    Quote Originally Posted by Eosia View Post
    Oh? When have you seen a placeholder graphic go live?
    When Worgen were introduced in the beta build for Cataclysm, female worgen would use the male werewolf form for the longest time before Blizzard finally added the female werewolf form to the beta.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons and as a last, drastic measure.
    Oof...

  14. #154
    Pit Lord Lady Atia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    The Rumour Tower
    Posts
    2,489
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Drakonids resemble way more a dragon for players than the dracthyr, even without the wings, mostly for it being a staple of the game ever since WoW has gone live.

    Also, for the umpteenth time: the dracthyr not "designed after Alexstrasza, Wrathion and Kalecgos". You see absolutely nothing of those characters in the dracthyr, in visage or pseudo-dragon form. Male form looks like an elf, so that's less "Wrathin and Kalecgos", and female form is human female, so no "Alexstrasza". And as for the class' abilities, we have no healing powers for the red dragonflight, and zero earth aspect powers, too.

    It's amusing how you keep insisting that the dracthyr was inspired in those characters and yet we see zero of those characters in the class and race.

    - - - Updated - - -


    So "antagonizing male players" is the "right track" for you? Are you sure you want to imply that misandry and "sexism against men" should be the norm now?
    Hahaha. They aren't antagonizing male players just because they are adding a cute race. The right track is antagonizing people who are full of toxic masculinity though.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    When Worgen were introduced in the beta build for Cataclysm, female worgen would use the male werewolf form for the longest time before Blizzard finally added the female werewolf form to the beta.
    A beta build =|= official preview though. Nothing about the Dracthyr screams placeholder.

  15. #155
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    They didn't show concept art, they showed already finished ingame assets on a level of playable races. And this wasn't a sudden out of the blue "oh we have to show something tomorrow" reveal but a pre-recorded video that was prolly done weeks, if not months in advance. Besides that, it makes zero sense to create a good looking "placeholder" model if you can just do the real deal. Again, placeholders are done via old ressources, like with my Khadgar example above.
    Your example was way off base for one simple reason... Khadgar was already in the game. And actually, your example is actually on my side anyways. Khadgar has been in the game since 2007 when The Burning Crusade released since he sits in the middle of Shattrath with A'dal. There would have been no need to use a placeholder model since his existing one could have sat there until the new, higher rez one was completed.

    Dracthyr are 100% brand new. There is NOTHING like them in the game so they would have had to generate 100% brand new art assets for it beyond the Human and High Elf bases for their non-Draconic forms. Would be a different story if they were going to use preexisting models and beef them up like if they were going to use updated Drakkinoid models instead.

    I guess we'll see when 10.0 hits the PTR.

    Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    What I think they should have done is had Drakthyr be literal experiments. Like... you make a Tauren and pick Evoker. You get a cutscene of your tauren getting "captured" and dragged off to a lab. They split dragon DNA into the tauren DNA and POOF, you're now an evoker. Your "non-dragon" form is the tauren you created. Your dragon form you get to customize. And agree with OP, make it like bear form sized regular looking dragon.
    The problem with that is it pretty much limits the choices to five horde races and two for the Alliance. This is because prior to the destruction of the Well of Eternity and Azshara's fall, only High Elves, Trolls, Tauren, High Mountain Tauren, and Goblins existed on the Horde side and only Humans and Night Elves on the Alliance. Dwarves and Gnomes were still Earthen and Mechagnomes at this time, it wasn't until after the Sundering that they had fully succumbed to the Curse of Flesh and obviously as obviously Vulpera and Draenei are contemporary races and the other races, both allied and primary, are offshoots of those ones listed above that emerge after the Sundering like Zandalari Trolls (or the reverse, Zandalari instead of Darkspear style Trolls), Kul'tirans, Worgen, Orcs, etc.

  16. #156
    The Unstoppable Force Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Dragon Isles
    Posts
    23,927
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Drakonids resemble way more a dragon for players than the dracthyr, even without the wings, mostly for it being a staple of the game ever since WoW has gone live.


    That creature on the bottom left labeled "dragon" sure looks looks like Dracthyr to me.


    Also, for the umpteenth time: the dracthyr not "designed after Alexstrasza, Wrathion and Kalecgos". You see absolutely nothing of those characters in the dracthyr, in visage or pseudo-dragon form. Male form looks like an elf, so that's less "Wrathin and Kalecgos", and female form is human female, so no "Alexstrasza". And as for the class' abilities, we have no healing powers for the red dragonflight, and zero earth aspect powers, too.
    You honestly believe that you can't achieve this appearance in Visage form?



    I assure you, you can.

    It's amusing how you keep insisting that the dracthyr was inspired in those characters and yet we see zero of those characters in the class and race.
    Because I keep providing evidence that you ignore. Your argument is the equivalent of putting fingers in your ears and going "nu-uh" over and over again. It's tiring.

  17. #157
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post


    That creature on the bottom left labeled "dragon" sure looks looks like Dracthyr to me.




    You honestly believe that you can't achieve this appearance in Visage form?



    I assure you, you can.



    Because I keep providing evidence that you ignore. Your argument is the equivalent of putting fingers in your ears and going "nu-uh" over and over again. It's tiring.
    I really hope they start designing beautiful armours like that for the players, Kalecgos looks amazing there.

  18. #158
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post

    That creature on the bottom left labeled "dragon" sure looks looks like Dracthyr to me.




    You honestly believe that you can't achieve this appearance in Visage form?

    I assure you, you can.



    Because I keep providing evidence that you ignore. Your argument is the equivalent of putting fingers in your ears and going "nu-uh" over and over again. It's tiring.
    Detractors will probably keep on cherrypicking the most ugly appearances (shocking reveal: some players like to play goofy/stupid looking characters) to make a point and create image memes while disregarding the decent customization options that exist.
    Last edited by MrCool; 2022-06-16 at 03:50 PM.

  19. #159
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    You honestly believe that you can't achieve this appearance in Visage form?

    I assure you, you can.
    Don't want it. The Evoker form is fine, Visage does not need to exist and any attempt to 'dragonify' the existing races is inevitably doomed to failure.

  20. #160
    The Unstoppable Force Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Dragon Isles
    Posts
    23,927
    Quote Originally Posted by Arikara View Post
    Don't want it. The Evoker form is fine, Visage does not need to exist and any attempt to 'dragonify' the existing races is inevitably doomed to failure.
    The visage form is there because the dragons of WoW that the Dracthry are based on have them. I know some people don't want them, but frankly there's people out there that want to resemble Wrathion, Alexstraza, Kalecgos, and other heroes. Visage form allows them to do that, and it's going to make the race extremely popular.

    If you don't like it, just stay in dragon form.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by MrCool View Post
    Detractors will probably keep on cherrypicking the most ugly appearances (shocking reveal: some players like to play goofy/stupid looking characters) to make a point and create image memes while disregarding the decent customization options that exist.
    Indeed. Like I continuously say; People like different things. We're approaching levels of ridiculousness here to the point where people are claiming that you have a sexual preference or a fetish if you have the audacity to like the way this class looks. It's pathetic and childish.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •