Page 2 of 56 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by fatgunn View Post
    I honestly dont get all the hate for Drakthyr. They look fine.
    The hate stems from blizzard showcasing Wrathion, Ebonhorn, Ysera, Kalegos, etc. all being dragons and are able to hide their draconian (?) version better than the Drakthyr. If they made the Drakthyr be open to all races, we wouldn't be reading crap like this, on the otherhand we might.

Bascially people want what worgens have, the ability to change from normal to beast.

people are just looking for reasons to hate the class, but when they play it they'll be the first to tell you how awesome it is.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    And since the whole thing about the Evoker is that it's SUPPOSED to be a "playable dragon" class, well, wouldn't it be a whole lot cooler if they actually LOOKED the part? Instead of just looking like argonians from Elder Scrolls?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    genuinely the saurok from mopandaria look a lot more dragon-like than the current dracthyr.
    Yep Dragonoids or small dragons would be better than this lame furry bait.

Just google furry lizard, and you gonna get almost copypaste "Dracthyr" among first results, #justaddthewings :
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

3+ Year Old Account
    I'd love the option to be a troll Dractyr!

I think having them just be a 'class' would solve all problems. Just merge Dractyr and Evoker into a single thing.
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm terribly disappointed with this 'dragon' thing, as already pointed out by many (no need to detail again)
    I wonder if they will listen to feedback this time or stick to their (crap) guns

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Futch View Post
    people are just looking for reasons to hate the class
    no we aren't...
    check how blizz introduced dragonkin in general in wow history, while yeah some are casters but the typical look is strong beefed melee tank class, what we got is skinny lizard casters
    want to blame someone, blame blizz for showing us dragonspawn and dragonkin since classic wow only to give us half their sizes AND as casters too! wow specially presented dragons as masters of everything, not just fragile backline casters (and most fantasy show them have brute strength)
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by Futch View Post
    Bascially people want what worgens have, the ability to change from normal to beast.
    You do realize basically nobody uses that shit, Two Forms is the most useless ability that might as well not even exist. Since doing anything switches you back to a worgen so why even bother.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    I'm terribly disappointed with this 'dragon' thing, as already pointed out by many (no need to detail again)
    I wonder if they will listen to feedback this time or stick to their (crap) guns

- - - Updated - - -

no we aren't...
    check how blizz introduced dragonkin in general in wow history, while yeah some are casters but the typical look is strong beefed melee tank class, what we got is skinny lizard casters
    want to blame someone, blame blizz for showing us dragonspawn and dragonkin since classic wow only to give us half their sizes AND as casters too! wow specially presented dragons as masters of everything, not just fragile backline casters (and most fantasy show them have brute strength)
    That really isn't what the Dracthyr are designed after. They're designed after Alexstraza, Wrathion, Kalecgos, and similar creatures who almost always appear in humanoid form. The Dracthyr/Dragon form we're getting is the compromise of technical and size limitations, but it's basically your typical dragon standing on their hind legs.

We were never going to get playable Dragonspwn or Beefy Drakonoids for a host of reasons. Anyone who thought that really doesn't understand how Blizzard implements races and classes.

Quote Originally Posted by LemonDemonGirl View Post
    I'd love the option to be a troll Dractyr!

I think having them just be a 'class' would solve all problems. Just merge Dractyr and Evoker into a single thing.
    yea especially since all the dragons in game have used whatever race they want for their normal form. think blizz is just being lazy.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    Just google furry lizard, and you gonna get almost copypaste "Dracthyr" among first results
    Got way more bara drakonids, all muscled and buffed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    yea especially since all the dragons in game have used whatever race they want for their normal form. think blizz is just being lazy.
    I actually feel that it is a smart decision on their part for 3 reasons;

1. Lorewise the vast majority of dragons prefer to look like elves or humans.
    2. The vast majority of players would just be an elf or human in visage form even if every race was an option.
    3. Restricting the visage form allows Blizzard to give them plenty of customizable features.

If Blizzard just made the visage form the look of a standard race, people would be calling that lazy as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    I actually feel that it is a smart decision on their part for 3 reasons;

1. Lorewise the vast majority of dragons prefer to look like elves or humans.
    2. The vast majority of players would just be an elf or human in visage form even if every race was an option.
    3. Restricting the visage form allows Blizzard to give them plenty of customizable features.

If Blizzard just made the visage form the look of a standard race, people would be calling that lazy as well.
    dk can be every race so there is no excuse. especially b/c they are already reusing humans/elves and it's not a completely new race model.

In my opinion your idea here is the worst case scenario, and I'm satisfied with what we get in Drac'thyr as long as we can customize body types. Relax till launch and see that there'll be no issues. I don't get why people hate on these things many, many months before release but few worried about systems like Covenants whose problems were obvious from the beginning.

10+ Year Old Account
    dk can be every race so there is no excuse. especially b/c they are already reusing humans/elves and it's not a completely new race model.
    Well Blizzard is doing more than just adding undead skins to the Visage forms.

I'm just now coming around to dracthyr as they are now, and am hoping that they only get better going forward. I don't want player-sized dragons. Or full-sized dragons, really.

it does look like some cheap furry draconic version.

does not look powerful/mighty or even like it has scales.

really like some kid made a costume for a party.

I feel like blizz made them humanoid to give them other classes down the line. Just a feeling though.

It's extra sad because Dragons in WoW are fucking cool. For years they've hyped up sexy shonen protagonists who can turn into dragons.

exactly. idk who thought reusing belfs that are perma lizard form was a better idea than the race that has been in the game since vanilla.
    Saurok are from MoP.
    The mogu made them.

They also have webbed hands, a hunched back, and no wings.

They look like abused lizards, not like dragons.

Just google furry lizard, and you gonna get almost copypaste "Dracthyr" among first results, #justaddthewings :
    https://www.furaffinity.net/search/?q=scalie

Lol! This is so accurate.

Just google furry lizard, and you gonna get almost copypaste "Dracthyr" among first results, #justaddthewings
    I enjoy that you had to ignore all the results that just look like Drakonids.