Page 9 of 56 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    My only complaint with the Dracs is that the humanoid forms are locked to something human/blood elf-ish, when neither existed in the time before the earth warder became Deathwing. Normal dragons can pick different forms, so why couldn't we have picked another race for our humanoid form and just slap those horns/scale tattoos onto them?

Quote Originally Posted by Eosia View Post
    Oh? When have you seen a placeholder graphic go live?
    I could be wrong, but wasn't the druids cheetah travel form from classic a placeholder that they never got around to doing anything with?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    We're approaching levels of ridiculousness here to the point where people are claiming that you have a sexual preference or a fetish if you have the audacity to like the way this class looks. It's pathetic and childish.
    It's also somewhat telling, like how often the most vocal anti-gay commentators are hiding their own sexual preferences...

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    A beta build =|= official preview though. Nothing about the Dracthyr screams placeholder.
    Except the poster said "placeholder graphics going live", which is the case of the female worgen.

- - - Updated - - -

https://archive.org/download/the-art-of-world-of-warcraft/The_Art_of_World_of_Warcraft_p054.jpg

That creature on the bottom left labeled "dragon" sure looks looks like Dracthyr to me.
    And the creature on the right is also labeled "dragon" and yet is not an actual dragon in the lore of the game.

You honestly believe that you can't achieve this appearance in Visage form?

https://cdna.artstation.com/p/assets...jpg?1443927680

I assure you, you can.
    And I assure you: you can't. Because the male dracthyr visage uses the blood elf male model, but Wrathion and Kalecgos use the human male model.

Because I keep providing evidence that you ignore.
    You mean evidence that repeatedly gets debunked. You accuse me of "ignoring evidence" and yet you're the one never address the information given to you. You just dodge and move goalposts.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Except the poster said "placeholder graphics going live", which is the case of the female worgen.

- - - Updated - - -

And the creature on the right is also labeled "dragon" and yet is not an actual dragon in the lore of the game.

And I assure you: you can't. Because the male dracthyr visage uses the blood elf male model, but Wrathion and Kalecgos use the human male model.

You mean evidence that repeatedly gets debunked. You accuse me of "ignoring evidence" and yet you're the one never address the information given to you. You just dodge and move goalposts.
    What? Both Wrathion and the new Kalec are seemingly half-elves and defo not using the male human model.

Here, that's a bloodelf rig, the same you will get for your dracthyr visage form ...

#TEAMGIRAFFE

10+ Year Old Account
    Last I checked, Blizzard is capable of changing or expanding the lore. It would appear that Blizzard viewed Dracthyr-looking creatures as dragons a long time ago, and finally decided to add them to the game.

Wrathion uses a blood elf rig dude.

Yeah, you debunked nothing. You just (once again) said essentially "nu-uh" to both forms of evidence. It's a typical tactic from you.

Wrathion uses the male BElf pose, it's quite clear to see that.

I would like more Visage options but that might come later down the line.

I just wanted beefy humanoid dragons like broodlord lashlayer

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreyen View Post
    I just wanted beefy humanoid dragons like broodlord lashlayer
    Unfortunately, the lore behind those creatures doesn’t work for a new class, only for a new race. Big and bulky races don’t work out very well. Just ask HM Tauren, LF Draenei, and Kul’Tirans.

Dracthyr Evokers were the much wiser choice.

I want current Dracthyr. Don't intend to play one, I just like how it pisses people off because they want their thicc dragon scalies.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Throwback to

Want to know why Dragonborne are so popular? Because people who dig furries have pretty much applied the exact same aesthetic to DnD's dragon races. For example;

That's a dragon race character in DnD.

Now it all makes sense.
    That’s just a Dracthyr but with breasts and no wings.
    Last edited by Nightshade711; 2022-06-16 at 07:07 PM.
    Chen isn't a Monk

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    What? Both Wrathion and the new Kalec are seemingly half-elves and defo not using the male human model.
    I don't know if they'll change Kalecgos' model in Dragonflight, but in BfA, he was using the human model in the Chamber of the Heart:

https://blizzardwatch.com/wp-content...thion02New.png

Here, that's a bloodelf rig, the same you will get for your dracthyr visage form ...
    True, but he still looks like a human. I'm fairly sure his ears are rounded, not tipped.

- - - Updated - - -

Last I checked, Blizzard is capable of changing or expanding the lore. It would appear that Blizzard viewed Dracthyr-looking creatures as dragons a long time ago, and finally decided to add them to the game.
    Or maybe "dragon" was just a general description instead of the name of an actual race considering all the differences in the drawings, and how in WoW "dragon" is now a specific term, considering drakonids and other characters like dragonmen, are considered to be draconic and are dragon-like, but are not actual dragons. Just like the dracthyr.

Wrathion uses a blood elf rig dude.
    A blood elf rig on a human model. Just like in Karazhan, Medivh used a human model on a night elf rig.

Yeah, you debunked nothing. You just (once again) said essentially "nu-uh" to both forms of evidence. It's a typical tactic from you.
    You're projecting here. The only one saying "nuh-uh" here is you. I addressed everything you put forth, while you just ignore what I write.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    Throwback to

Now it all makes sense.
    I love how Teriz just loves to be wrong, considering that image is not from any official source and just an artwork of a Pixiv's artist's OC.

I don't know if they'll change Kalecgos' model in Dragonflight, but in BfA, he was using the human model in the Chamber of the Heart:

True, but he still looks like a human. I'm fairly sure his ears are rounded, not tipped.

- - - Updated - - -

Or maybe "dragon" was just a general description instead of the name of an actual race considering all the differences in the drawings, and how in WoW "dragon" is now a specific term, considering drakonids and other characters like dragonmen, are considered to be draconic and are dragon-like, but are not actual dragons. Just like the dracthyr.

A blood elf rig on a human model. Just like in Karazhan, Medivh used a human model on a night elf rig.

You're projecting here. The only one saying "nuh-uh" here is you. I addressed everything you put forth, while you just ignore what I write.

- - - Updated - - -

I love how Teriz just loves to be wrong, considering that image is not from any official source and just an artwork of a Pixiv's artist's OC.
    Didn't they briefly show a new model for Kalegos? I need to check as I'm sure they did.

Yes, Yes they have

It appears he like Wrathion is using the BElf male pose rigging, so it's being more canonalised.
    Last edited by Kiria; 2022-06-16 at 07:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have played with dozens of Dragonborn players in DnD. Pretty much all of them just wanted to be a zealous, bestial paladin, clad in armour and their own hide. Had a few more unique ones like Druids and Warlocks that were essentially exiled curmudgeons. Not a one played the race to "look hot" or sexy in any way. All of the aesthetic appeal comes from the draconic influences. The idea that people play as Dragonborn to indulge a specific fetishistic fantasy only exists in the minds of certain posters trying to sell certain narratives.

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    What we wanted:

What we got:
    Chen isn't a Monk

What we wanted:

What we got:
    Looks like to me "we" (whoever "we" is ) got what "we" wanted (adjusted for WoW cartoonish artstyle and without showing armor pieces yet).

10+ Year Old Account
    Now it all makes sense.
    What does any of that have to do with the present conversation?

What we wanted:

What we got:
    Accurate. Even that old concept art is more bestial than this UwU agent of visual sin. It looks so weak.

Someone said in this thread that we should've gotten Drakonid and Dragonsworn instead and that person is fucking right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering that Blizzard has called Dracthyr "dragons" on multiple occasions, wouldn't a more likely case be that Blizzard always viewed creatures that look like Dracthyr to be dragons even back when that Blizzard art was created?

A blood elf rig on a human model.
    You mean just like the Dracthyr visage forms that are going to use elven and human attributes?

I do believe the point here is that players will be able to look like elf-human hybrids that have dragon horns protruding out of their bodies just like Alexstraza and the image I posted of Kalecgos earlier. I'm not sure how the character using the human or elf rig matters, when the main point is giving the player the ability to resemble the visage forms of famous dragon characters.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MrCool View Post
    Looks like to me "we" (whoever "we" is ) got what "we" wanted (adjusted for WoW cartoonish artstyle and without showing armor pieces yet).
    It's okay, they think they're actually making a point when they make such silly comparisons.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2022-06-16 at 08:13 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Considering that Blizzard has called Dracthyr "dragons" on multiple occasions, wouldn't a more likely case be that Blizzard always viewed creatures that look like Dracthyr to be dragons even back when that Blizzard art was created?
    If "Dracthyr" would be REAL dragons then whole "Dracthyr" term is useless shit, just call them a Dragons;
    but we got hybrids that infused with dragon power and they called "Dracthyr"

And then in character screen it would be choice like this:

Humans
    Elfs
    Dragons

instead of

Humans
    Elfs
    Dracthyr
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    If "Dracthyr" would be REAL dragons then whole "Dracthyr" term is useless shit, just call them a Dragons;
    Because calling a race or a class “dragon” is lame, and lacks the imagination or pizazz for a racial or class name. Which is why you see elaborate names for dragon races in all MMOs.

Also if you notice, there were no Dragonspawn or Drakonids shown in those dragon sketches.

Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post

And then in character screen it would be choice like this:

Humans
    Elfs
    Dragons

instead of

Humans
    Elfs
    Dracthyr
    Yeah I know Lions, Tigers, Main Coons, Persians, Lynxs, are all cats and since they are all cat's the other designation for the different type is useless so they should all just be called cats.