Page 26 of 56 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    HotS should have given us (myself included) a hint that a dragon class would be ranged. All three dragon heroes in that game are ranged characters, so it's not surprising that the class based on those characters would also be ranged.
    Deathwing is a melee brawler.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    Deathwing is a melee brawler.
    I'm pretty sure he has all ranged abilities though.

At the end of the day, Blizzard really only has two reasonable options:

- Either they keep they humanoid, and let them wear armor

or

- They make them much more draconic looking

Anything else is a complete cop-out. Any honestly, the more I've thought about it, the more I suspect Blizzard knows the race was half-assed, and was hoping not to get caught.

Because if you really think about it, there's literally ZERO justification to add "a new race" that can't actually wear armor... unless they were maybe intended to ONLY be a "class", with the dragon-form being temporary like Metamorphosis. So perhaps it was changed last-minute, since "a new race AND a new class" is more marketable?

It might explain some of the pretty major inconsistencies their existence introduces to the lore.

I suppose it doesn't matter, since they ARE looking to be a proper race. But Blizzard really can't afford for this expansion to look half-baked, and it's hard NOT to feel like the Dracthyr are half-assed, at least as they were INITIALLY presented.

Like I said; either make them look much more draconic in their base form, or allow them to wear armor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    At the end of the day, Blizzard really only has two reasonable options:

- Either they keep they humanoid, and let them wear armor

or

- They make them much more draconic looking
    Or keep them exactly as they are, which is the more likely scenario.

There is nothing objectively wrong with how they look, or their overall mechanics.

There is nothing objectively wrong with how they look, or their overall mechanics.
    There's a part of me that finds it amusing that people think there's still a chance that Blizz will scrap their work on Dracthyr in favor of remaking them into refrigerators with scales or whatever, especially considering the news that the expansion is due out this year.
    confirmed by my uncle nitnendo and masahiro samurai

Quote Originally Posted by Bwgmon View Post
    There's a part of me that finds it amusing that people think there's still a chance that Blizz will scrap their work on Dracthyr in favor of remaking them into refrigerators with scales or whatever, especially considering the news that the expansion is due out this year.
    Would be nice if they did you think they would of learned after the female worgen debacle.

I have a feeling most players will play them in human form.

They're a "new race" that cannot wear armor. With absolutely zero justification, other than "it would be more work".

It's literally the centerpiece of their new expansion. After several consecutive years of bad news, Blizzard REALLY can't afford to fuck up with Dragonflight. And if the new race and class is a reskin that they can't even be bothered to wear armor, it's going to look like Blizzard is cutting corners on literally the main feature of the new expansion.

That will NOT be a good look. No amount of marketing or PR is going to salvage that situation, especially hot on the hells of... well, any of the other bullshit going on with Blizzard right now.

Blizzard needs a win. And naked lizard-people is not that win. Give them armor, or make them proper dragons. Otherwise, they're all but admitting "this is a budget expansion".

Otherwise, they're all but admitting "this is a budget expansion".
    As much as I want to pretend it could be otherwise...... I have a feeling this is already decided.

10+ Year Old Account
    They're a "new race" that cannot wear armor. With absolutely zero justification, other than "it would be more work".
    Their justification is that that is how they designed the race, and if you want to show off your armor as a Dracthyr, you have the Visage form. You may not like that design decision, but again there's nothing objectively wrong about it.

It's literally the centerpiece of their new expansion. After several consecutive years of bad news, Blizzard REALLY can't afford to fuck up with Dragonflight. And if the new race and class is a reskin that they can't even be bothered to wear armor, it's going to look like Blizzard is cutting corners on literally the main feature of the new expansion.
    Good thing the new race/class isn't a reskin....

That will NOT be a good look. No amount of marketing or PR is going to salvage that situation, especially hot on the hells of... well, any of the other bullshit going on with Blizzard right now.

Blizzard needs a win. And naked lizard-people is not that win. Give them armor, or make them proper dragons. Otherwise, they're all but admitting "this is a budget expansion".
    All of that is your opinion of what they need to be successful. None of what you said above is an objective problem with the new race.

dracthyr should have fart animations. a little or big cloud of "gas" comes out from the rear end every time you get a proc. if you get chain procs the farts chain together into one giant ass rip. strictly in dragon form only of course.

5+ Year Old Account
    All of that is your opinion of what they need to be successful. None of what you said above is an objective problem with the new race.

Bruh, you on overdose of copium.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

Are YOU seriously telling others to be objective about this new race?

I'll excuse myself until I'm done laughing.

Objectively they don't fit depiction of dragonkin in WoW. It's a different and goofy art style and one that doesn't lend itself to what is supposed to be power fantasy race-class combo.

7+ Year Old Account

They can wear propper dragon armour via the barber shop. Everything else would look like shit and I'm glad Blizzard is preventing people from using classic era low quality gear on my beloved Dracthyrs.

Have a nice day =)

#TEAMGIRAFFE

I'm gonna bet that dracthyr won't survive past the first patch.
    Shit I'm ngl, them putting forward dracthyr is enough for me and most of my guild not to play.

Some of us because we hate the glamrock, makeup cake that is the Visage, and hate the furaffinity oc dragon form.
    Some of us because we think they're a lazy cop out. Half the work of a real class, a fraction of the content.
    The whole expansion tbh seems like a lack of real work for anyone besides the art team.
    Last edited by raz98; 2022-06-26 at 12:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumble View Post
    Are YOU seriously telling others to be objective about this new race?

I'll excuse myself until I'm done laughing.
    I'm simply saying that just because YOU dislike them doesn't mean that they actually need to be changed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Au-burn View Post
    Objectively they don't fit depiction of dragonkin in WoW.
    Blizzard determines that, not you.

I just cant get over the «blood elf slant»

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by raz98 View Post
    I'm gonna bet that dracthyr won't survive past the first patch.
    They’re 100% gonna last through the xpac. (Or at least until 10.3)
    But that’s because they’re going to be OP as shit for a majority of the Xpac like DHs and DKs and it’ll force people to look past their terrible current design that looks nothing like wow dragonkin as other posters have previously said.

However after DF when they get nerfed to be in line with the other classes they’ll die out in popularity like Monks.
    Assuming they don’t fix the race, that is.
    Chen isn't a Monk

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    They’re 100% gonna last through the xpac. (Or at least until 10.3)
    But that’s because they’re going to be OP as shit for a majority of the Xpac like DHs and DKs and it’ll force people to look past their terrible current design that looks nothing like wow dragonkin as other posters have previously said.

However after DF when they get nerfed to be in line with the other classes they’ll die out in popularity like Monks.
    Assuming they don’t fix the race, that is.
    I don’t see how that’s going to happen. The race is the only one that has access to the new class, and the new class is a new type of ranged DPS that doesn’t appear to be a caster, and what appears to be a new type of healer that also doesn’t appear to cast spells. Even if brought in line, such a class is very favorable for raiding guilds and group play in general. Also it being a hero class that starts at level 58 is going to make it very easy for alt players to switch to and gear up. In short, it has none of the weaknesses Monks had.

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    I don’t see how that’s going to happen. The race is the only one that has access to the new class, and the new class is a new type of ranged DPS that doesn’t appear to be a caster, and what appears to be a new type of healer that also doesn’t appear to cast spells. Even if brought in line, such a class is very favorable for raiding guilds and group play in general. Also it being a hero class that starts at level 58 is going to make it very easy for alt players to switch to and gear up. In short, it has none of the weaknesses Monks had.
    All that is great and all but if the class isn’t OP nobody is going to want to play the ugly race.
    Hince why every tinker thread is like “Ok we need to add all these races that aren’t Gnomes or Goblins to Tinkers.”

Monks also give the entire raid additional physical damage done to bosses which raises the numbers for most of the raid.
    You’re literally insane if you believe they’d have a healer that doesn’t ‘cast’, it would ruin the balance of PvP because they couldn’t be interrupted.

Evoker will be a hero class for DF sure, but it’ll be squished to level 10 after DF gets added to chromie time.
    Chen isn't a Monk