Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ...
    Well actually I found 1 great Barbarian "build". Its a Whirlwind combined with Artilery balista

You basically shoot those bolts in a nova, too bad its so rare and last so short amount of time.

And finally killed Ashava with like 2 min left, got a really strong unique axe with the WW tornadoes. I'm done with Barbarian testing, just messing with rogue for now.

world boss pretty easy if you trade chat a group, we did it with half the timer left

Has anybody seen the den of evil flavor of dungeon change where monsters start coming to you? I have yet to see it, which leads me to think it's some extremely low percentage (like sub 5%), which seems off. I feel like it should be 10, maybe even 20% at the least.

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    Has anybody seen the den of evil flavor of dungeon change where monsters start coming to you? I have yet to see it, which leads me to think it's some extremely low percentage (like sub 5%), which seems off. I feel like it should be 10, maybe even 20% at the least.
    Yes, I did one. The monsters do come find you. However, in my limited experience, it is very slight "chase". Just a couple of monsters walking slowly toward my general location.

If I wasn't already backtracking (claims this was reduced were generous) The handful of monsters would have been easily missed. I guess they would find me if I stood around long enough. But it was slight in the one dungeon with the mechanic I did.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    Yeah, hes killable if everyone have atleast some decent items and decent build at level 20. Hovewer I tried kill her today 4x and my best try so far was only 30% because I keep getting in the area with like 15-18 level people who either die every few seconds or just straight afk and only buff boss HP.

So its not 100% on me if I don't have premade party, its just huge RNG who will come to your Ashava version.
    Yeah, I got Ashava on the 3rd Spawn time, and the previous 2 times were kind of frustrating, cause the first time the shard I ended up on (I came to the area with 15 min to spare) had 2 low levels on a 9 man shard. We didn;t come close that time, but you could see the group as a whole getting better at the fight as time went on.

Second time we got close, and didn;t have any low levels, but you could tell from the deaths and the builds of some people that this group was very much not as prepared as they could be, nor as skilled that being unprepared could be overcome.

So for the third try, I joined a clan, and we got there early and invited people, who then dropped group and then we invited more people, and with doing this we ended up with 8 clan members and 4 randoms on 1 shard. And then the fight was a cake walk. Did it with some 3 min to spare.

So, preparation is key, but taking a bit of time to set up a group for success is kind of needed too, if you want to guarantee a kill. Relying on randoms is a tricky proposition, especially since most people seem to log out of the beta for Mother's Day etc when they get their kill, meaning the pool of people still running it is more and more the people that were not prepared before.

Joining a group or clan that runs this event is something I can definitely recommend. In my case, I met a chill group, who will recreate the clan on live, so I'm now kind of set up to play D4 in June with some nice people, who have already shown they are fun to be around and capable. It can be a fun stepping stone in that regard to look for a clan or group now!

Not sure the participation of this beta but performance wise it's been pretty damn good , and didn't see a single queue. Tuning is great too, necro's still godly just require a bit more then being a walking simulator. If the game launches in the state it's currently in, I'll be very happy.
    Last edited by beanman12345; 2023-05-14 at 03:37 AM.

Ya I refunded the Ultimate Edition and just got the standard. This beta really did annoy me with how weak nerco's are and how they handled the world boss.

Still want to play it for the story tho, ill just use the extra on WoW lol.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Ya I refunded the Ultimate Edition and just got the standard. This beta really did annoy me with how weak nerco's are and how they handled the world boss.
    The necro summons are weak. The rest of the Necro kit is still strong.

Nothing wrong with the world boss. It was just a special challenge- why would they need to change the core functionality of this encounter? Plenty of ways to overcome randos.

Still want to play it for the story tho, ill just use the extra on WoW lol.
    necro is strong af still, your build might have just been real bad. also the world boss was pretty easy? lol I killed 3 times with 3 diff chars no prob

15+ Year Old Account
    Rod Fergusson already said "Definitely hearing the feedback on the Necro nerfs. I'm feeling 'em too. Remember, balance is journey, not a destination - it takes tweaking to get it right.".
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

how they handled the world boss.
    This was an exceptional situation, because everyone was underleveled. That's not how WBs are going to work on live most of the time, except in fringe cases (or my earlier hyperbole). It was just a quirky thing for a one-off weekend event. Not too much to read into.

Fuck ya waking up at 2am cause of a nightmare was worth it lol, finally got the dumb kill.

Will admit two people was fully decked out in level 20 legendry's so they likely carried us lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Nice, hope when the game goes live minion builds will be fun.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2023-05-14 at 07:30 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Any word on what the adjustment is more specifically?
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Necro is strong as hell and only summons are too weak now and they said they already buffing them so WTF are you talking about?

And WB did not change at all, it was just harder due 20 level cap on characters and this won't be a thing on release.

Necro minions are a lot better now I did a couple of dungeons and side quests with a minion/corpse explosion build and only had a couple die on bosses, I did have to heal them more than last beta, but it didn't feel as pointless trying to heal them as before the hotfix.
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Wealth inequality is here to stay, sometimes it's just how lifes cookie crumbles and all of society is better off for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    But from what I can see it is quite probable Æthelstan was the first Brexiteer, likely the Farage of his age seeing off the European continentals in the very first successful Brexit.

weak nerco's
    What? I've been absolutely destroying everything with my necro. Get corpse lance and corpse explosion.
    Summons are a joke indeed, maybe with talents and some legendaries they might do something, but out of the box they are just bad.