... LastLast
    3+ Year Old Account
    I knew the final class would be Necromancer

I'm excited as fuck

Looks like an awesome game

Sign me up!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Everyone who is saying WoW is P2W is because you can buy gold with WoW tokens and THEN spend this gold on a carry.

Nobody is saying WoW is P2W, because you can buy 2 BOE's from the AH. Furthermore, the gold these world-first guilds spend on is not because of these BoE's lol. All in all, you are correct that WoW is sorta P2W, but your comment on why that is, is just totally wrong.
    you have been able to do that since day 1 of wow. you could do that in d2, d3, and will be able to in d4.
    welcome to the internet, where you can purchase services using real life cash.

nevermind the fact gaming as an entire concept is pay to win.
    because someone with a MUCH better computer, mouse, keyboard, etc, will outpreform someone getting 15fps on low graphics unable to see effects.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

My hope is a PC version with full controller support with a controller-centric UI. No floating cursor to move around the screen like Diablo 2 Resurrected or Diablo Immortal. Something like the UI D3 has on consoles which works very well.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    as said on page 1
    upfront cost
    maybe some expansions later on
    couple cosmetics here and there
    as they plan to support the game long term.
    sweet

I still fire up D3 every so often, so here's to hoping D4 is a great successor.

Quote Originally Posted by Djaye View Post
    looks beautiful. not alot of hope after playing immortal for a few hours.
    it looks like a diablo is slowly turning into WoW 2.0 with all the group content push. not a bad thing for diablo i guess, but again, not much hope after immortal.
    DI was not made by blizzard. What is with the negativity all day long? They went with a cash grab phone game. I’m assuming analytics told them it would be easy money. It literally has nothing to do with d4 though. Like at all. Different company, different team and different pot of money. Why would you not have hope for a game that looks pretty fantastic so far? It sounds like you just have this deep hatred for Diablo at this point and may need to swap to another genre or something.

you have been able to do that since day 1 of wow. you could do that in d2, d3, and will be able to in d4.

because someone with a MUCH better computer, mouse, keyboard, etc, will outpreform someone getting 15fps on low graphics unable to see effects.
    It is entirely different when it is built in and sanctioned by the game, vs because it is difficult to police or something outside the developer's control.

It is unbelievably sad that we are at a point in gaming where people like you feel comfortable making statements like this.

My worry about d4 is the "mmo" part of it. Diablo has been an arpg. Not mmo.

I want to go in alone and slaughter screen full of monsters. I don't want to deal with the grouping. Ridiculous demands. Need to play meta build so you get invited. Yet, to me it seems they are putting a lot of (all of?) end game content behind groups? That is the big boss stuff they showed. If you need to group for them, they will likely be the best loot.

I'd need to actually get friends, lol.

If thats the case, I like will not play the game for too long. Blizz probably won't care. They will have got my money by the time I buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    WoW is now pay to win.
    Wow is not pay to win.

On topic, the necromancer was my favorite class in Diablo II and Diablo III, so I'm hoping to play one again in the next installment of the game, and I hope I can summon butt-loads of minions like I could back in D2.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sulika View Post
    You can literally buy items from the Mythic raid on the AH with gold purchased with real money.
    You can remove the last four words in that sentence, and the resulting phrase is also true. In other words: I can buy each and every piece of gear they can buy without spending a single dime past the subscription fee.

Quote Originally Posted by Todesbote View Post
    I had low to none expectations and I'm still disappointed.. this looks truly awful.
    Lets be real, you had that comment already typed up so you could just hit paste and post. Literally anything shown was irrelevant. Just more anti-blizzard circle jerking.

I'm disappointed with necro being the last class but looking forward to playing druid again at least

Quote Originally Posted by Clarinet View Post
    foxxy is basically no longer a fox - more like a badger this game

Quote Originally Posted by Clawsout View Post
    I'm disappointed with necro being the last class but looking forward to playing druid again at least
    If it had been pally/crusader the necro fans would be disappointed, and with necro, pally/crusader fans are disappointed. Personally, i wanted something totally new and different, but honestly thats a tough ask, and i didnt actually EXPECT that. I would have put money on crusader OR necro.

I was reading a different forum and there was a group complaining that it was necro instead of Witch Dr.
    Last edited by arkanon; 2022-06-13 at 03:14 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    I was reading a different forum and there was a group complaining that it was necro instead of Witch Dr.
    I guess you found the four people on the planet who actually like WD!

Quote Originally Posted by RedBrood View Post
    I'm sorry what? Did P2W change since I last looked at it?
    Since there's no official authority on what P2W means and it means something different depending on who you ask the answer to your question is both yes and no
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    If it had been pally/crusader the necro fans would be disappointed, and with necro, pally/crusader fans are disappointed. Personally, i wanted something totally new and different, but honestly thats a tough ask, and i didnt actually EXPECT that. I would have put money on crusader OR necro.

I can understand that I was hoping for Templar or sumthin new but it's fine like I said least I can play druid again

Quote Originally Posted by Clarinet View Post
    foxxy is basically no longer a fox - more like a badger this game

First Johanna then the Necro, I'm curious which dev has the half-shaved female haircut fetish.

Well looks like diablo I guess. I won't hold my breath for it, seeing Blizzard's downward spiral. They've shown their true colors more than once, so I expect diablo immoral lite from it. The MMO aspect already is a big red flag.

Quote Originally Posted by Au-burn View Post
    Why does she look so ugly.
    Because hipsters think this uggo hairstyle looks cool.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xires View Post
    WOW!!!!! People STILL play D3?!?!?!? That game was so boring.
    People still do the same shit in D2 that they have been doing for fucking 20 years straight, day after day.
    Diablo has always attracted the people that would have otherwise end up gambling away their kids college fund on slot machines; people with highly addictive personalities. They latch onto a game like that and keep playing it, no matter what.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    I guess you found the four people on the planet who actually like WD!
    Oh dont worry, i was REALLY surprised. I guess thats the point i was making - everyone is different and like different things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

7+ Year Old Account
    The real question is whether we should trust that this is the case. For instance, Wyatt Cheng originally stated that you would be unable to buy gear in D:I, but then would go on to backtrack this by saying:

Quote Originally Posted by Wyatt Cheng, Twitter
    Hey Ziz, I have been pretty up front in many interviews (though apparently not in this post) that gear was the 12 item slots. In many interviews I also clearly state that money can advance gems and legendary gems. I’m sorry this wasn’t clear here. 1/

Not being able to buy gear (the 12 slots) or XP remains important to the team. For what it’s worth I appreciate you checking out the game. I look forward to your PoE content and guides which I’ve always enjoyed.
    - Link

Which isn't even technically true. All 12-item slots can have gear paid for by using legendary crests, essentially turning Rifts, the end-game progression, into legendary item loot piñatas. You are, effectively, biasing drop tables so heavily in your favor that there's little difference between that and directly buying gear other than one costs a hell of a lot more over time.

Not saying that the D4 team will do the same, but I think Blizzard should not be given any benefit of the doubt at this point.

- - - Updated - - -

There's a difference between a company providing a paid service and 3rd parties providing illegitimate services for real money. The difference being that the latter of these will get you banned and is not endorsed by the company. The WoW token does, arguably, create P2W ecosystems, but don't be dishonest and act as though this is the same as real-money ecosystems in which you paid 3rd parties, like in WoW before the WoW Token.

Dishonest as usual, I see. Pay to win has never been about peoples setups, it's about the game providing people with advantages for paying real-life money.
    Last edited by Magical Mudcrab; 2022-06-13 at 05:16 AM.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

Quote Originally Posted by Sulika View Post
    You can literally buy items from the Mythic raid on the AH with gold purchased with real money. The world first race guilds all post about how much gold they need to spend to be even able to compete in that race. You really think none of them are throwing any real money into WoW tokens when there's that much on the line?
    You are right. However in WoW you can obtain the same stuff or similar with time (and not 30 years), in DI the power gap you gain paying is not matchable f2ping.

Of course D4 will have microtransactions, but I believe it will be on a level that I find acceptable like WoW and Overwatch. I would be fine with a game pass. I feel the only reason the monetization in Immortal is so predatory is because they think they can get away with it because its a mobile game (that is also a pc game lol). D4 will probably be very expensive though, like 70 EUR.

And I think D4 looks extremely promising on a gameplay level. Cant wait to play that necromancer. Very hyped for this game!