Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    Be careful with words. Chances or increased chances to get power isn't player power yet they could sell those. BoE cosmetics that sell for currency between players isn't player power yet you can legally buy gold and then buy gear from other players.

They've played with words many times before so I think it's not in my best interests to make assumptions on their cleverly crafted semantics.
    That's exactly what i'm worried about. They told us we couldn't buy gear for money in Immortal, and it's true. Problem is gear doesn't matter much and it's all about the gems wich conveniently are paywalled as fuck.

If it's cosmetics, they should be account bound by default. If it's battle pass, they should be permanent and not tied to player power at all (meaning i can buy them whenever and they're going to be always available for me to progress in - no FOMO bullshit). Think something akin to GW2 masteries you can swap between freely but with only QoL and cosmetics.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Rageonit View Post
    That's fine, I don't mind being wrong. And I certainly don't mind you thinking that I'm wrong.
    Okey. Thank ya for discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Au-burn View Post
    Okey. Thank ya for discussion.
    Did we have a discussion? Must have missed it.

Does anybody know if the game will be available for the Switch?

Did we have a discussion? Must have missed it.
    I wanted to be generous.

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    Simply: because it always existed. Boosting-Services existed since the beginning of WoW; with the Token they only accepted the reality, dried down the market of gold for money and naturally also make a lot of bucks themself.

I dont know what you mean by always. I've been playing since Vanilla. Back then, I never once (in my server) saw any services advertised or never met anyone who paid for carries and I was part of the second largest guild in my realm. It was not a big server though so maybe there's that.

In my experience playing in a medium server:

- It wasn't advertised in trade. I was a teenager, no job, lots of time, I would have noticed.
    - Most people didn't know it was a thing.

Of course, I'm also thinking of a time when the treadmill was much less pronounced because WoW was played for the experience rather than the addiction of the treadmill.

Anyways, the argument of "it always existed" makes it seem like it was as disruptive as it is today. I went through 2 years of playing without seeing one person carry or be carried. You cant go through 30 seconds today without seeing some sort of advertisement or open conversation about it.

That's the harm, the normalization of it.

Meh I don't care if she's ugly or not. But I don't think the hairstyle is a good one for her. Doesn't suit her...but oh well...
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    She's a made up character created to play a role.
    Which means you can make her look like an actual person roaming a hell infested waste along side zombie rather then a movie star worried about their image.

I wanted to be generous.
    You have to have something to give to be generous.

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    2008-2011: Diablo III will be a return to glory with no extras except maybe cosmetics for money
    When have they ever claimed this?

2012: Diablo III launches with RMT
    2011- 2014: Well, that's just cosmetics, WoW would never sell gold or something
    That was never "just cosmetics". The RMAH allowed players to sell their weapons, armor and gems.

2016-2017: Well, at least Blizzard is sticking with PC
    2018: Diablo Immortal announced with, at the time, no port expected to PC
    Diablo III was ported to consoles, namely PS3 and Xbox 360, in September of 2013

2019-2021: Well, I'm sure Blizzard won't be too aggressive with monetizing D:I
    2022: D:I launched with some of the most aggressive monetization of any mobile game
    False. As far as monetization in D:I goes, it's not the best kind, but it's far, FAR from "the most aggressive".

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmatrix View Post
    Which means you can make her look like an actual person roaming a hell infested waste along side zombie rather then a movie star worried about their image.
    What for. A movie star is hotter. Magic takes care of everything.
    You have to have something to give to be generous.
    Better to give nothing than take away. This exchange does feel taxing tho.

This exchange does feel taxing tho.
    Then it would be a sound idea to stop it.

Then it would be a sound idea to stop it.
    Sounds bout right m8!

Sounds bout right m8!
    Oh, but I find it very relaxing, so please don't count on me.

Making a note of this thread, suspect it will come back to bite a few Blizztard fanboy arses.
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    At no point have I claimed people weren't getting gold from the token or that gold can not be used to acquire power.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    p2w is not inherently unfair.

Well, with the quarterly update out.
    There definitely seems be to be a lot of customization.
    Several distinctive aesthetics catered to.

From the information they provide, class design seems a lot like a mix of the D2/3 Necro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You will eventually realize nobody takes you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i am no weeb. i am just a connoisseur of fine waifus.

Quote Originally Posted by MrFawlty View Post
    Making a note of this thread, suspect it will come back to bite a few Blizztard fanboy arses.
    What do you think is worse? "Blizztard fanboys", or someone who is apparently so salty, so petty and so bitter to the point of holding a grudge for over half a year in the hopes of being allowed to gloat over a forum thread topic that would have ended several months prior? Y'know, someone like you!

necromancer again?
    omg. wtf

Quote Originally Posted by Tiev View Post
    I dont know what you mean by always. I've been playing since Vanilla. Back then, I never once (in my server) saw any services advertised or never met anyone who paid for carries and I was part of the second largest guild in my realm. It was not a big server though so maybe there's that.
    On my server, in Vanilla, which was one of the biggest servers with some of the biggest guilds in the game, you could buy boosts, and it wasn't advertised, and everyone was expected to keep it on the downlow. But if you knew the right people, you knew who to approach for it. I know for a fact all of the big guilds were selling boosts, but they did all the negotiations on TeamSpeak, because they could get in trouble doing it in game chat - especially since it involved gold sellers and straight cash.

I find it hard to believe you were unaware of the practice, being in a top guild, because they all did it, to fund raiding. All of them. You were either so low on the totem pole in the guild you weren't told about it, or...dunno. But it was definitely happening - you could also get "boosted" with shady companies from exotic lands, by them playing your character - of course guilds got in on that action.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    That was never "just cosmetics". The RMAH allowed players to sell their weapons, armor and gems.
    Can confirm. I bought D3 day one. I leveled a character, and by the time I was 60, I'd found ONE yellow weapon(that I couldn't even use). I'd ignored the RMAH, so I took a look...and that was the moment I quit the game, when I saw how much money boring, "meh" gear was, and how much the gear that would actually accomplish anything would cost. I did some digging on farm spots, saw how frustrated everyone was, and just uninstalled it. I didn't touch it again until Loot 2.0. The juxtaposition of going from the loot piñata of D2 to the junk spam drops in D3 was flabbergasting. Every level I'd think "it's gotta get better...", but no, it didn't.

The RMAH was an overly aggressive MTX system. It was kind of shocking, at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    Can confirm. I bought D3 day one. I leveled a character, and by the time I was 60, I'd found ONE yellow weapon(that I couldn't even use). I'd ignored the RMAH, so I took a look...and that was the moment I quit the game, when I saw how much money boring, "meh" gear was, and how much the gear that would actually accomplish anything would cost. I did some digging on farm spots, saw how frustrated everyone was, and just uninstalled it. I didn't touch it again until Loot 2.0. The juxtaposition of going from the loot piñata of D2 to the junk spam drops in D3 was flabbergasting. Every level I'd think "it's gotta get better...", but no, it didn't.

The RMAH was an overly aggressive MTX system. It was kind of shocking, at the time.
    While I am not disagreeing on the RMAH, I think your reaction was rather over-the-top. Diablo III isn't a MMO game where everyone is on the same map instance and can see each other and all. If you played alone or with friends, people farming stuff would never, ever bother you in the least. And since people aren't playing on the same instances, there's no competition because you'd never even see with those players unless you searched for them.