Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Yeah I was exaggerating... personally I don't even want 1 to join me if I don't want it to.
    I hear you, I'd love to have SSF gameplay - but Blizzard has historically been extremely opposed to this. To the point where they literally had "Make multiplayer matter" painted on their office wall.

They absolutely LOVE the idea of community, because it makes people play their games more and longer. They don't want solo players.

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    My guess would be none. Same as Diablo 3, today.
    RMAH and a reward loop that was designed around it at the start and now D:I would suggest that you stop being this naive.

Surely they will not pull anything weird :clueless:

looks beautiful. not alot of hope after playing immortal for a few hours.
    it looks like a diablo is slowly turning into WoW 2.0 with all the group content push. not a bad thing for diablo i guess, but again, not much hope after immortal.

Damn no holy class

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caprias View Post
    RMAH and a reward loop that was designed around it at the start and now D:I would suggest that you stop being this naive.

Surely they will not pull anything weird :clueless:
    I said Diablo 3, today. RMAH was widely unpopular, and was removed not too long after release.

Diablo Immortal is a free to play phone game, that was made a PC game as well, as an afterthought. Of course it's p2w garbage.

Diablo 4 will have microtransactions, that's for sure. But p2w, I doubt it.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Warcraft 3 Reforged........

Diablo Immortal......

I'm seriously scared to even consider Diablo 4 at this point....

Bli$$ard rep1: Sir, people are complaining about our greedy-as-fuck monetization scheme in Diablo Immortal, what do we do?

Bli$$ard rep2: Quick! Announce a release date window and the 5th class for Diablo IV!

"Bli$$ard rep1 dangles some shinies in front of mouth-breathing Bli$$ard fanboys*

Mouth-breathing Bli$$ard fanboys: "Oooooo, take my money Bli$$ard!!!!11!1!!"

My guess would be none. Same as Diablo 3, today.
    WOW!!!!! People STILL play D3?!?!?!? That game was so boring.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xires View Post
    WOW!!!!! People STILL play D3?!?!?!? That game was so boring.
    I'm sure you thought you sounded very clever and funny in your head.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

I'm looking forward to seeing what in-game shop they haven't announced yet

I think I'm losing brain cells while browsing this thread. Every time Diablo IV will introduce some cosmetic in shop we will have this "OMG PAY 2 WIN IS COMING STOP USING COPIUM". thing, right?

And Diablo IV - IF it will have good post-launch support (so not just maintenance/seasons, but new content), it should have monetization. Either abonament, cosmetic shop or paid DLCs. If it will have Overwatch like lootboxes, I will be dissapointed.

Btw, will you put same comments during Elder Scrolls VI or GTA VI reveals guys? Otherwise you will be inconsistent.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh boy, can't wait to spend a few grand for straight up cheat codes in the PvP arenas! Fucking bli$$ard is going to ruin this.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Au-burn View Post
    Why does she look so ugly.
    Because she isn't a movie star playing a role?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtremelyCrusty View Post
    I'm looking forward to seeing what in-game shop they haven't announced yet
    They apparently confirmed cosmetics in shop. I mean as soon as you heard "We plan to support this game for years" that means there will be some kind of monetization. Post launch content is not free to make after all, so they need to get their money from somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by kasuke06 View Post
    Oh boy, can't wait to spend a few grand for straight up cheat codes in the PvP arenas! Fucking bli$$ard is going to ruin this.
    Jesus it's like you people never heard of mobile games till Diablo Immortal. Square has like 10 mobile games yet I don't see anyone saying FF14 is P2W when it has a much larger cash shop.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    If it will have Overwatch like lootboxes, I will be dissapointed.
    Why? Overwatch lootboxes were exactly what people claimed they would except from lootboxes, cosmetic only and paid for future features and characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmatrix View Post
    Why? Overwatch lootboxes were exactly what people claimed they would except from lootboxes, cosmetic only and paid for future features and characters.
    It doesn't cross P2W line that would stop me from playing, but imo it just doesn't fit there. Existence of lootboxes means there is lot of different items inside. In Overwatch collecting lootboxes is part of game, you get box every level. In Diablo you collect transmog through looting items. Some extra transmog in shop is fine, in large scale it would limit options inside game. Similar to WoW, it's fine to me because patch bring 30 mounts and shop 1.

Still most fair option would be just paying for new classes and big chunks of content.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    2004 - 2009: WoW makes all its money from subscriptions, they'd never sell cosmetics outside of the bonus from collector editions
    2010: WoW starts selling pets and mounts
    2008-2011: Diablo III will be a return to glory with no extras except maybe cosmetics for money
    2012: Diablo III launches with RMT
    2011- 2014: Well, that's just cosmetics, WoW would never sell gold or something
    2015: WoW starts selling gold (aka token)
    2016-2017: Well, at least Blizzard is sticking with PC
    2018: Diablo Immortal announced with, at the time, no port expected to PC
    2019-2021: Well, I'm sure Blizzard won't be too aggressive with monetizing D:I
    2022: D:I launched with some of the most aggressive monetization of any mobile game

"Meme on immortal"? Are you even paying attention at all?

Do you not understand the trend here? There are exactly 2 chances that Diablo IV will be launched without an aggressive monetization scheme...slim and none.
    How much you wanna bet, i will drop atleast 1k on the bet, get you 1/100th of the way to max in diablo immortal.

that diablo 4 will not have aggressive monetization.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

I really haven't kept up with D4 news.

D4 isn't going to have micro-transactions in it like Diablo Immortal is it?

I prefer to just pay a up front cost and play the game or have paid DLCs from time to time.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm not referring to graphics. I mean in the gameplay perspective.
    did you play d3?
    you know it was also on consoles right?
    Hell the console controls are in some ways better.

top down twin stick games like diablo work great on consoles.

and being built from day 1 as crossplay means they can have UI differ.

did you play diablo 2 remaster?
    literally the perfect example of this, they didnt "Comprismise" on the pc version, there is different versions for mouse/keyboard and controller

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pahbi View Post
    I really haven't kept up with D4 news.

D4 isn't going to have micro-transactions in it like Diablo Immortal is it?

I prefer to just pay a up front cost and play the game or have paid DLCs from time to time.
    as said on page 1
    upfront cost
    maybe some expansions later on
    couple cosmetics here and there
    as they plan to support the game long term.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good