Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Au-burn View Post
    Why does she look so ugly.
    Because she doesn't care what you think about her.

Very glad to see people are on high alert after the Diablo Immortal disaster. I don't think there will be p2w in D4 but it is good to be skeptical.

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    Simply: because it always existed. Boosting-Services existed since the beginning of WoW; with the Token they only accepted the reality, dried down the market of gold for money and naturally also make a lot of bucks themself.

- - - Updated - - -

They actually would call it diablo (they would be stupid if not), but you could see the difference. And yes, something like a Diablo in an RPG-Like Setting would definitively be good.

Since Blizzard will now join the Microsoft-Family, they could actually use the franchise elsewhere too, so it would not be activision or blizzard that does it necessarily.
    I never said they wouldn't call it Diablo. Obviously they would call it "Diablo X" like Diablo Immortal, but it would not be called "Diablo #"
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Quote Originally Posted by Rageonit View Post
    Because she doesn't care what you think about her.
    She should for the sake of my gaze.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    I guess you found the four people on the planet who actually like WD!

if I had a CHOICE, I would play Witch Doctor in D4. Since I do not, it's going to be Druid or Necro. But I'll hold out hope that maybe in the 2nd expansion (after we get Crusader in the first expansion) we might get Witch Doctor. I'd looooove to see them get the D4 treatment with more grit and gore and voodoo vibes.

She should for the sake of my gaze.
    I doubt anyone should do anything for the sake of your gaze. Save those dictates for your missus.

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    It doesn't have to be on the same level in order to be a shit show. Their PR teams have a weird statement they're throwing around saying d4 will have microtransactions built around cosmetics but they never state outright there's nothing else.

Imagine now those cosmetics are BoE and not binded to you when you buy them. Players could sell them to each other. That would make gold buying a thing

You have to read between the lines with these people.

The head dev for Immortal said you couldn't buy gear with money in diablo immortal. Well that's true but it's fucking disingenuous. Yes gems are not gear, but they are responsible for 90% of player power.
    They stated they won’t sell player power. It’s enough.

They can sell as many cosmetics as they want, I just don’t care about them.

I doubt anyone should do anything for the sake of your gaze. Save those dictates for your missus.
    Don't doubt.

Don't doubt.
    Ok, I won't. Now I'm sure of it.

Microsoft not Blizzard, by the time D4 releases it will be fully under Microsoft and gamepass.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post

if I had a CHOICE, I would play Witch Doctor in D4. Since I do not, it's going to be Druid or Necro. But I'll hold out hope that maybe in the 2nd expansion (after we get Crusader in the first expansion) we might get Witch Doctor. I'd looooove to see them get the D4 treatment with more grit and gore and voodoo vibes.
    Witch Doctor is seen as a negative stereotype, you won't see it again.

Ok, I won't. Now I'm sure of it.
    That's better but still wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Witch Doctor is seen as a negative stereotype, you won't see it again.
    Yes and No on that one.

Witchdoctors are not a negative stereotype, I mean they can be, but they are misunderstood though, most Witch Doctors from India or Africa are actually healers who had remedies to protect others against witchcraft. To this day exist and are seen as a positive thing. I do think that the concept behind the stereotypical idea of Witchdoctors is that they are the complete opposite and that there is more the issue.

So Witch Doctors can still be a thing in Diablo, just they need to be portrayed correctly :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

That's better but still wrong.
    That's fine, I don't mind being wrong. And I certainly don't mind you thinking that I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    They stated they won’t sell player power. It’s enough.

They can sell as many cosmetics as they want, I just don’t care about them.
    Be careful with words. Chances or increased chances to get power isn't player power yet they could sell those. BoE cosmetics that sell for currency between players isn't player power yet you can legally buy gold and then buy gear from other players.

They've played with words many times before so I think it's not in my best interests to make assumptions on their cleverly crafted semantics.

Sad they have all but given up on Mac support for their games outside of WoW. Budget must being getting slashed left and right.

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    Be careful with words. Chances or increased chances to get power isn't player power yet they could sell those. BoE cosmetics that sell for currency between players isn't player power yet you can legally buy gold and then buy gear from other players.

They've played with words many times before so I think it's not in my best interests to make assumptions on their cleverly crafted semantics.
    With DI they said they wouldn’t have sold gear. That is “technically” still true because gems are not “gear” per se.

If they talked specifically about “not selling player power” it’s way more inclusive that simple “gear”.

Do I trust them about this? No. Am I somewhat confident they won’t sell pp stuff? Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Yes and No on that one.

Witchdoctors are not a negative stereotype, I mean they can be, but they are misunderstood though, most Witch Doctors from India or Africa are actually healers who had remedies to protect others against witchcraft. To this day exist and are seen as a positive thing. I do think that the concept behind the stereotypical idea of Witchdoctors is that they are the complete opposite and that there is more the issue.

So Witch Doctors can still be a thing in Diablo, just they need to be portrayed correctly :P
    I mean it would be like adding a Native American who conjures up spirits and does rain dances. If you aren't gonna see that as a class you definitely aren't gonna see which doctor as a class again. Plus in many Asian territories they don't like black people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    I mean it would be like adding a Native American who conjures up spirits and does rain dances. If you aren't gonna see that as a class you definitely aren't gonna see which doctor as a class again. Plus in many Asian territories they don't like black people.
    As long as its done respectively and communicated with people who are from that culture. A bunch of white people just doing a White Doctor through not knowing anything outside of stories and stereotypes is the big issue.

As for the Asian on black people thing thats a whole barrel of fish I aint ready to answer lol.
    Last edited by Orby; 2022-06-13 at 01:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Yes and No on that one.

WD in D3 just seems the trembling copy of Necro with reskinned pets.

I like it but imho it needs a massive overhaul to make it different enough from Necro.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    WD in D3 just seems the trembling copy of Necro with reskinned pets.

I like it but imho it needs a massive overhaul to make it different enough from Necro.
    I'd be totally cool with that. Also I liked playing as WD too.