Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
... LastLast
  1. #41
    I'd consider it if the LFD tool was present on these new realms.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by A Blue Smurf View Post
    This, 100% this.

    I played all classic but did very few GDKP runs because I had a stable raiding guild. The guild didn't survive the transition to TBC and P1 TBC saw me playing with the 11-13 core raiders that remained. We leveled, did our 70 dungeons and reps, farmed out what little badge gear we needed and regularly run Kara and pugged the rest of the group for Gruuls and Mag. I got my BIS set as a Hunter (minus DST) and hung around until there was only 4 of the group left and we weren't running things together anymore. Then I took a break. When I came back in P3, I couldn't even get a heroic group let alone any T5 pugs, it was entirely GDKP and I didn't have enough gold to bid let alone win anything because I hadn't stayed and played the 'lets farm the gold buyers' game.

    TBC is beyond fuber. They either need to reset gold(pointless because the sinks are already done and dusted) or start fresh servers to extend the life.
    Totally feel ya there...guild broke up at Mount Hyjal, and there I was trying to get a spot as a hunter in another raiding guild that'd been together for almost 2 years. Even on a relatively big realm like Whitemane, there were very few non-gdkp runs taking place for even heroics. I just ended up doing pvp most of the time and even that got too boring to justify the sub for me. I was really looking forward to the LFD tool in wrath, but they ditched that so I'm done.

  2. #42
    Sounds like a great idea on paper for people jumping in and hoping to enjoy a few weeks\months, but i'm pretty sure all those realms will be completely dead or irrelevant in some months, or when the population consolidates.

    Why would anyone avoid the established realms, with active players, where their friends already play... for a couple of new servers, which they have no clue how will end up, with a bunch of players that might not even linger on for the duration of the expansion?

    So yea, i would avoid those like the plague, and just head on to one of the established realms... or you'll end up here soon after the release asking for free character migrations, or why blizzard doesn't consolidate realms...

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Sounds like a great idea on paper for people jumping in and hoping to enjoy a few weeks\months, but i'm pretty sure all those realms will be completely dead or irrelevant in some months, or when the population consolidates.

    Why would anyone avoid the established realms, with active players, where their friends already play... for a couple of new servers, which they have no clue how will end up, with a bunch of players that might not even linger on for the duration of the expansion?

    So yea, i would avoid those like the plague, and just head on to one of the established realms... or you'll end up here soon after the release asking for free character migrations, or why blizzard doesn't consolidate realms...
    Obviously it's something new that they're trying out. I'd imagine they're banking on people from established servers also rerolling on these servers (because the allure of playing with returning players coax them into it). I can't imagine they'll be terribly, terribly popular but to outright dismiss the possibility of communities forming on these realms before they have the chance to even see the light of day kind of defeats the purpose of Blizzard trying new stuff.

  4. #44
    Fresh is a great idea but nobody will play it. Everybody already payed like 2000 bucks for all their T6 and Sunwell gear and they wanna keep it.
    Also if Blizzard isnt doing anything about the bots then the fresh servers will descent into the tbc madness after 2 weeks again. The economy in TBC is the worst thing but its hard to fix now.

    Also fresh Wrath with x1 exp rates? Come on Blizzard.


    Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    "Even Playing Field"

    I'm sorry that's what an EXPANSION LAUNCH is for. To even out the playing field for the people that were late to the party for Vanilla:C or TBC:C

    Nobody is going to willingly give up ~4 years of Progression just because "I WANT F R E S H ! ! !". I'm not giving up my completely legitimately gotten gold and gear that I got by boosting people in Stratholme and GDKPs, and im pretty sure nobody else will.
    Your gold is not legitimate. You just did an extra step to get it. ALL the gold in GDKPs is bought. Its gold that shouldnt exist. There are items sold for 30k Gold in extreme cases over 200k Gold. Nobody farmed that legitimately, especially not the 35 year old boomers who can only play for 2 hours a week.
    Last edited by Exkrementor; 2022-06-14 at 12:58 AM.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    jesus,if this company solved world hunger and ended any wars,you would find something to complain about

    THIS is the nr 1 reason people play on private servers,the flesh start,these servers will be very popular
    What fresh private server allows transfers onto it 90 days after release? Disable transfers entirely and I'm all for it. Otherwise it's a cash grab.

  6. #46
    Fresh for 3 months defeats the entire purpose of fresh servers. they'll just be flooded with all the gold from the regular servers once transfers are open. even when blizzard does something right they end up fucking it up as usual.

  7. #47
    I understand why there was feedback to remove the lfd tool because it was seen to contribute to the decline of social interactions. That works if servers are amalgamated and there is a viable community - which hopefully is what is happening with existing servers. PVP server balance is dreadful on many servers - it has been mucked up again as it always will be without some controls. For servers that are horde dominated the alliance players need an lfd to stay. Making new wrath servers effectively means resplitting the playing community and will probably result in some very quiet servers. I think in that case lfd would be useful for players. So my suggestion would be to make all the new wrath servers have access to lfd with the old servers with large balanced communities having no access as was already announced.

  8. #48
    No LFD? Still not going

  9. #49
    Scarab Lord SinR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    My Own Personal Hell
    Posts
    4,839
    Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    Uhh you never played on a private server. It is literally what the pserver community does. They have a fresh server, it lasts for maybe 3 or 4 months than its reset. It is what they like. It has been like that for the last 15+ years


    Private Servers do not transition existing characters from one "Era" to another.

    PServer's F R E S H is because people get bored of doing Naxx 40, or Sunwell, or Icecrown, or Dragon Soul.

    I haven't seen a single PServer that will do CLIENT BASED progression through the game. I can see "OK we're gonna cap at 60 for a year, then up it to 70, then to 80" on a WOTLK Client, but I don't think i've ever seen it happen like Blizzard is doing it now.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Exkrementor View Post
    Your gold is not legitimate. You just did an extra step to get it. ALL the gold in GDKPs is bought. Its gold that shouldnt exist. There are items sold for 30k Gold in extreme cases over 200k Gold. Nobody farmed that legitimately, especially not the 35 year old boomers who can only play for 2 hours a week.
    fine then ban me
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

    Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    So its the sellers who ruined the community, not the purchasers? interesting.
    Anyone who sales boosts is helping destroy the community. Buying boosts... thats just sad and destroying the community.

  11. #51
    Scarab Lord SinR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    My Own Personal Hell
    Posts
    4,839
    Let he who has not prospered from purchased gold swing the first Banhammer

  12. #52
    While I'm not thrilled about the transfer ban being only 90 days, it's something anyway. Fresh realm is exactly what I wanted ^^ Too bad they didn't make one for BC back in it's launch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

    Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

  13. #53
    no Dungeonfinder no thank you

    like i wanna spend hours looking for People for Dungeons that has been dumbed down so hard you are done in 5minutes

    Still the biggest retarded Decision they have done.

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by jkq View Post
    no Dungeonfinder no thank you

    like i wanna spend hours looking for People for Dungeons that has been dumbed down so hard you are done in 5minutes

    Still the biggest retarded Decision they have done.
    Wait, is this really a thing? I thought it was a meme joke...
    They're legit removing group finder from wotlk?
    For what goddamn reason???
    I know they started ignoring #nochanges but this is just on another level...

    Ohh well, won't play it then...

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Yooginava182 View Post
    Anyone who sales boosts is helping destroy the community. Buying boosts... thats just sad and destroying the community.
    How can you say the sellers are the problem more than the buyers? One cannot exist without the other, and are equally to blame.
    Quote Originally Posted by Exkrementor View Post
    Nobody uses Online forums anymore.

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by tomten View Post
    Wait, is this really a thing? I thought it was a meme joke...
    They're legit removing group finder from wotlk?
    For what goddamn reason???
    I know they started ignoring #nochanges but this is just on another level...

    Ohh well, won't play it then...
    According to many, all "finder" options were the doom of the social aspect of wow. So they apparently agree with that and that's why they want it to be like the old times.

    Which is dumb, because classic vanilla and tbc demonstrated not having such options didn't make the game as popular as the old times. But hey, let them keep making mistakes, it seems they can't help it anymore.

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by tomten View Post
    Wait, is this really a thing? I thought it was a meme joke...
    They're legit removing group finder from wotlk?
    For what goddamn reason???
    I know they started ignoring #nochanges but this is just on another level...

    Ohh well, won't play it then...
    Uhhh cus its literally what the majority of the playerbase wants. You forget people who post of forums are the vast minority, like dont even register in the 0.0001% of players.

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by javierdsv View Post
    According to many, all "finder" options were the doom of the social aspect of wow. So they apparently agree with that and that's why they want it to be like the old times.

    Which is dumb, because classic vanilla and tbc demonstrated not having such options didn't make the game as popular as the old times. But hey, let them keep making mistakes, it seems they can't help it anymore.
    wotlk for me is the perfect balance act of convenience, grinding and good raiding with much of the old vibe left...... Why would you want to travel to every dungeon? You could still use the group finder as full party and guild group. And it was really fun (as a tank) just queing up for randoms and blasting it with randoms, just for the fun of it. Now? Sure, i could afk and demand a summon but its just not instant and convenient across all realms.

    And group finder as the sole cause of killing the social aspect in wow? Laughable, wotlk, cata and even mop was pretty good in the social aspect... Can't say the same for bfa, sl etc.

    Can pretty much guarantee it will be added in a later phase when people demand it back.

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by tomten View Post
    wotlk for me is the perfect balance act of convenience, grinding and good raiding with much of the old vibe left...... Why would you want to travel to every dungeon? You could still use the group finder as full party and guild group. And it was really fun (as a tank) just queing up for randoms and blasting it with randoms, just for the fun of it. Now? Sure, i could afk and demand a summon but its just not instant and convenient across all realms.

    And group finder as the sole cause of killing the social aspect in wow? Laughable, wotlk, cata and even mop was pretty good in the social aspect... Can't say the same for bfa, sl etc.

    Can pretty much guarantee it will be added in a later phase when people demand it back.
    You're right it will be added in a later phase....because....wait for it...LFD wasn't added in Wrath until the last patch (which then unfortunately lasted a year). Not having LFD at launch is recreating the actual experience of playing Wrath.

  20. #60
    Fluffy Kitten Nerph-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    7,929
    Cool idea. I probably wont be playing but if I did it would most likely be on one of these new fresh start realms.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •