Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Thumbs up WotLK Classic will have Fresh Servers

https://www.warcrafttavern.com/wotlk...fresh-servers/

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...lassic/1262634

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    With the launch of the Wrath of the Lich King Classic pre-patch, we intend to open “Fresh Start” realms for players who wish to experience starting a new character and playing alongside a new community of others.

In addition to fulfilling a request we’ve heard from players for a long time, we expect there to be a lot of new Classic players joining us for the first time in Wrath of the Lich King, and some of them may be concerned that they’ll feel behind. Fresh Start realms should give those players a chance to feel as though they’re on an even playing field with everyone else.

These realms will be Wrath of the Lich King Classic realms from day one, so when they launch, they’ll have all of the talent trees and player abilities coming with Wrath of the Lich King Classic, but all players will start new characters at level 1. Fresh Start realms will also come with a few stipulations:

--For at least 90 days, you will not be allowed to boost a character on Fresh Start realms.
    --For at least 90 days, Fresh Start realms will not be available destinations for character transfers.
    --Death Knights cannot be created on these realms without a level 55 character on that same realm.

All of the WoW Classic and Burning Crusade dungeons and zones will be unlocked and available on these realms. On all realms, Northrend will be locked until Wrath’s official launch day.

As a reminder, this is one of several steps we’re taking over the next few months to prepare for Wrath Classic:

--PvE to PvP transfer restrictions removed*
    --Wrath Classic closed beta test
    --Classic Era clone service retired
    --Existing realms consolidated**
    --New Fresh Start Realms with Wrath Classic pre-patch
    --Wrath of the Lich King launch

*This will include the removal of the restriction on having characters of both factions on a PvP realm.

**Before we consolidate realms, we’re going to remove the restriction on the number of characters you can create on each realm, up to the limit of 50 characters per account.

Ultimately, we hope to see players spread out onto all of the available realms as Wrath of the Lich King Classic approaches. For players looking for a chance at faction balance, we’re hopeful that by starting fresh, they’ll have a chance to stay balanced for a long time. For players looking for a chance to level up in dungeons, we hope the presence of other leveling players makes that more likely.

We’re excited about all of this, and we hope you’re excited about it too. We’ll see you in Azeroth!

10+ Year Old Account
    Shit... I started leveling a toon in TBC hoping to be able to move to Northrend, what a waste of time. At least i'm having fun, but i will have again to re-level another char on wrath servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuor View Post
    Shit... I started leveling a toon in TBC hoping to be able to move to Northrend, what a waste of time. At least i'm having fun, but i will have again to re-level another char on wrath servers.
    Why is it a waste, you can still use that character on wrath, it just won't be one of the fresh start servers.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    You have a choice to start on a fresh server or continue on your current server. Not sure how many people that have geared 70s with items collected would want to start on a fresh server. They will definitely have a lower population than any of the larger servers. Currently in TBC people are migrating towards the larger servers and this trend will probably continue in WotLK.

I'm not moving off my server. It's populated, busy, and fuck levelling through all that again without heirlooms.

People don't seem to understand what an option is.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't like this. I get it's an option, but it just divide the population.

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    It is a good choice. A vast portion of the community was ONLY waiting for wrath and they do not want to join the other servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    I think its more geared towards people who skipped out on TBC or who were always waiting for Wrath Classic.

I don't see people flocking off their geared characters to re-level again unless they really just hate their server in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    A vast portion of the community was ONLY waiting for wrath and they do not want to join the other servers.
    I did, being a wrath baby, i never played TBC before. I was hoping them to just upgrade the TBC servers to wrath. I hope them to offer a a free to move from TBC to wrath, otherwise i'll just level another char, currently level 55 in less then 3 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    I think its more geared towards people who skipped out on TBC or who were always waiting for Wrath Classic.

I don't see people flocking off their geared characters to re-level again unless they really just hate their server in the first place.
    There is plenty of reasons why to start on new server. Blizzard is making changes to prevent boosting and gold farming in wrath so fresh realms wont be plagued by RMT, level boosting and GDKP runs. Old realms are alredy plagued by gold and its not possible to tako those hundreds of millions of gold out of economy anymore.

Fresh start servers are only for fresh starts. They are just an option. The character you have right now on the server that you are on will be able to play wrath on that server when Wrath is released.

3+ Year Old Account
    Cool, I'm not partially wasting another summer to level up a toon. I'll stick with my 3 already lvl 70s on my medium server.

Quote Originally Posted by Nak88 View Post
    Cool, I'm not partially wasting another summer to level up a toon. I'll stick with my 3 already lvl 70s on my medium server.
    Its definitly worth to level up on new fresh server. Blizzard had made changes so level boosting and gold farming become impossible. Which means new realms wont have plague economy with millions of gold. Which means way less if any raid boosting and gdkp runs. Fresg realms will have much healthier economies.

Quote Originally Posted by Elias1337 View Post
    Its definitly worth to level up on new fresh server. Blizzard had made changes so level boosting and gold farming become impossible. Which means new realms wont have plague economy with millions of gold. Which means way less if any raid boosting and gdkp runs. Fresg realms will have much healthier economies.
    ye ... no

on fresh server you dont have access to your own gold and proeffesions . nobody sane will loose this on purpose

fresh servers are dead on arrival and obvious cash grab when people will have to transfer of them because dungeons and raids wont be cross realm .

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    ye ... no

on fresh server you dont have access to your own gold and proeffesions . nobody sane will loose this on purpose

fresh servers are dead on arrival and obvious cash grab when people will have to transfer of them because dungeons and raids wont be cross realm .
    Classic had fresh realms with season of mastery and those are no even close dead so you just lie. There is nothing less gun than play game what is plagued with boosters and gold sellers.

Well that actually might be quite a smart move. That honestly might be the only thing they could've done to get me to try it out all over again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    It is a good choice. A vast portion of the community was ONLY waiting for wrath and they do not want to join the other servers.
    Absolutely, spot on.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Elias1337 View Post
    Classic had fresh realms with season of mastery and those are no even close dead so you just lie. There is nothing less gun than play game what is plagued with boosters and gold sellers.
    you are claiming that season of mastery is not dead ? ok

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    you are claiming that season of mastery is not dead ? ok
    People still play it. Less popular sure. How many people do you really need on a server to do everything you want. Let people enjoy things. Just because its not for you doesn't mean no one can enjoy it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't seen anyone else bring up the faction gamble! Once again, you have to choose between horde or alliance and pray you chose the majority!