Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Fat people were a virtue signal the fact they made being obese is a subtle joke I rather you not ruin for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelangel View Post
    Kul Tiran humans - the bulky ones - are descended from the Drust, and that bloodline shows. You don't find that body shape outside of Kul Tiras.
    This is absolutely not canon at all. The only existing Drust left is Ulfar. They did not assimilate with the humans, they were wiped out.

Quote Originally Posted by Atriel View Post
    Because humans are not all separate races, they are the same race (Worgen are cursed humans), hailing from different kingdoms. There is no reason, again, other than arbitrarily not allowing players access to them, for this to not be a feature. How can you be so obtuse when, again, literally the majority of Kul Tiras NPCs use the standard Stormwind human models?

To further emphasize, take original flavored Orcs and Mag'har Orcs, it is not the same situation as the three human races because they originate from an alternate universe and whether their physiology has been altered by Fel Blood or not.
    Well, it's simple. Some of the KT racial traits are about their stature and strength. So it wouldn't work to have them on a basic or thin human.

It's not about the race being an actual race, or LF draenei and Mechagnomes would be just customs too.

But yeah, since the void elves got the high elves customs and even the Dark Ranger ones, all this is kinda blurry.

Honestly, you're just touching the general problem with allied races : most of them could be simple custom for a main one.

Quote Originally Posted by Corydon View Post
    Clairvoyance much?
    I mean the thread is a thinly veiled "let us play Alteraci" thread. I'd like it, but not expecting it ever.

I agree for the sole reason that I could finally "officially" recognize my Alliance Paladin being a Lordaeron native without being forced to roll Worgen or Forsaken.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanity29 View Post
    honestly i feel like it would literally only require them to rework the character creation screen. few minor tweaks to make it appear different.
    I kind of thought they updated the char creation screen to make it easier to implement stuff like this in the future. Been a bit, but maybe it will?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dastreus View Post
    Just accept we'll never get to play thin humans.
    if we did, asmongold could play as...asmongold.

10+ Year Old Account
    So what two races would replace them? WoW always have the same amount of races for each faction, this would mean Alliance has two less races so what would the be replaced with?

I didn't think any race would be replaced, but rather an option would be given for which body-type/region they want their character to hail from. Humans and Kul Tirans would still both exist and have seperate racials.

7+ Year Old Account
    I actually really like this idea -- basically just select your primary race, then it opens options for that race's subraces. It could also be used as a sort of work-around for races being faction-locked.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    if we did, asmongold could play as...asmongold.
    it's true!

Quote Originally Posted by Firann View Post
    The race selection would have been much simpler if there were races and sub races.

Humans
    Stormwind
    Gilneas
    Kul Tiras

Dwarves
    Dark Iron
    Bronzebeard
    Wildhammer

Trolls
    Zandalari
    Darkspear
    Amani

Just to name a few that could work.
    This could also open up endless possibilities for new subraces such as new human kingdoms, additional trolls, orc clans etc.

Races should have 2 common racial skills and 2 unique sub race racials.
    this is also a good idea.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    So what two races would replace them? WoW always have the same amount of races for each faction, this would mean Alliance has two less races so what would the be replaced with?
    Juts give Forsaken to Alliance as part of Human race, and Blood Elfs can go back to be High Elfs. /s

All Pandarens unite under Horde banner, and Horde once again Orc centric instead of Blood Elf fetish.

Also, FIREPAW for next evil warchief!!!/s/s/s
    Last edited by cocomen2; 2022-06-16 at 07:37 AM.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

Gilnean humans would be cool, but they would need to use Stormwind Human racials.

Quote Originally Posted by lazypeon100 View Post
    The game is still a RPG. I think character customization is still pretty important to a lot of players.
    Yeah, I have never said anything contrary, obviously. Just stating that if the quantity of customization options doesn't suffice your personal taste, there are very good alternatives. And the WoW RPG "experience" has worked without 250.000 customization options perfectly since day one.

More choices and options isn't always a substantial upgrade.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Piamonte View Post
    this is also a good idea.
    And then - as part of a RPG aspect - we can sort out "races" and "sub races" by higher and lower "value", wouldn't that be a good and very thoughtful element?

The fact that the game is dealing with this kind of 'mindset' by calling the *allied race*-specific equipment "HERITAGE armor" should ring a bell.

Now that we have Darkfallen customizations for Elves, I think that it's high time that Blizzard address Humans as a race.

There are currently three separate human races: Stormwind Humans, Kul Tirans, and Worgen. There is absolutely no reason that they shouldn't all be able to use any of the existing human model variants while given the option to choose which Kingdom they hail from for the racial abilities. What I mean is, if you select Kul Tirans, you should be able to choose the basic human models if you so desire, or the current Kul Tiran models. Same with the rest. (Kul Tiras NPCs also as a majority use the standard human models as well.)

This would also open access to the Kul Tiran models to be Paladin and Warlock and the Stormwind human models to be Druid and Shaman (I know Blizz stated they eventually want to open all race/class combos, but let's be real, they are not exactly quick with the additions.)

While we are at it, they should add the skinny Kul Tiran male models as playable options (And yeah, it is not balanced since there is not a female model, but again, they already exist, just let us use them!) They are fully rigged with all the animations necessary as they use the female Undead skeleton, and they already have their own set of customization options available. There is just no reason why they shouldn't be an option for players to select.

Blizzard clearly cut the development on Male Kul Tirans between the two forms since they have such a meager selection of customization options. I am also advocating that they go back and add more customization options to the base Kul Tirans as well.

This was mostly a rant, but it makes the most sense. I would personally love to have a skinny Kul Tiran character, or use the base Stormwind Human as a druid with the Kul Tiran druid forms, or have a beefy Kul Tiran as a paladin.

(Humble request that we keep the Asmongold jokes to a minimum please!)
    Not a bad idea per se, but incompatible with the already existing worgen and Kul Tirans.

It's probably better at this point to keep those as they are and add both skinny and fat options, as well as small and large options, but to keep them distinct from the Kul Tiran model (they are supposed to be Drust-related after all).
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

This will probably happen at some point.

Back at the beginning of SLs they said they wanted PC origins to be more open. This is why we got stuff like sand trolls and Wildhammer dwarves added. The option to pick your kingdom as a human or clan as an orc totally seems within the realm of possibility as long as they haven't abandoned this goal.

Now that we have Darkfallen customizations for Elves, I think that it's high time that Blizzard address Humans as a race.

There are currently three separate human races: Stormwind Humans, Kul Tirans, and Worgen. There is absolutely no reason that they shouldn't all be able to use any of the existing human model variants while given the option to choose which Kingdom they hail from for the racial abilities. What I mean is, if you select Kul Tirans, you should be able to choose the basic human models if you so desire, or the current Kul Tiran models. Same with the rest. (Kul Tiras NPCs also as a majority use the standard human models as well.)

This would also open access to the Kul Tiran models to be Paladin and Warlock and the Stormwind human models to be Druid and Shaman (I know Blizz stated they eventually want to open all race/class combos, but let's be real, they are not exactly quick with the additions.)

While we are at it, they should add the skinny Kul Tiran male models as playable options (And yeah, it is not balanced since there is not a female model, but again, they already exist, just let us use them!) They are fully rigged with all the animations necessary as they use the female Undead skeleton, and they already have their own set of customization options available. There is just no reason why they shouldn't be an option for players to select.

Blizzard clearly cut the development on Male Kul Tirans between the two forms since they have such a meager selection of customization options. I am also advocating that they go back and add more customization options to the base Kul Tirans as well.

This was mostly a rant, but it makes the most sense. I would personally love to have a skinny Kul Tiran character, or use the base Stormwind Human as a druid with the Kul Tiran druid forms, or have a beefy Kul Tiran as a paladin.

(Humble request that we keep the Asmongold jokes to a minimum please!)
    I was asking more or less (not worgen tho) for that since BfA came out. Instead of adding fat humans, it should've just been an option for regular humans to pick and choose a body type. Of course due to WoW's age and limitations, we probably can't have sliders for that, but we absolutely could've had a fat (KT Humans), normal and skinny (Asmongold) option. They don't even need any "kingdoms" or special lore reasons for that, because humans do come in different shapes and sizes regardless of their origin (established in the lore already).

That being said though, they would also kinda have to compensate the Horde for that in some way and of course we would then have less alliance-races and something would need to fill their place.

On another note: Likewise, Mechagnomes and DI Dwarfes should've also just been customization options for gnomes/dwarves instead with the possibility of switching out some race abilities.
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2022-06-16 at 10:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Firann View Post
    The race selection would have been much simpler if there were races and sub races.

Humans
    Stormwind
    Gilneas
    Kul Tiras

Dwarves
    Dark Iron
    Bronzebeard
    Wildhammer

Trolls
    Zandalari
    Darkspear
    Amani

Just to name a few that could work.
    This could also open up endless possibilities for new subraces such as new human kingdoms, additional trolls, orc clans etc.

Races should have 2 common racial skills and 2 unique sub race racials.
    Some good ideas here. I had something similar in mind, but not as fleshed out. (My ideas weren't based upon use of the term "sub-races" but more upon cultural specifics)

10+ Year Old Account
    As much as I'd love to see them reworking the character creation screen (not just remaking the UI as they recently did) to enable this, I don't see it happening anytime soon.

Too much dev time and too little profit to be made from it.