Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I mean, they aren't.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/ms_marvel

95% from critics, 83% audience score.
    and that's after being review bombed by people who don't like Muslims or women

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbond View Post
    Hardly. No Pakistani Muslim family would ever give their child a "Hindu" name. To be honest, no one else would either. Name is obviously meant to appeal to all South Asians, more so since she is constantly being told to be of Pakistani origin. And they certainly won't call it "Kamala". "Kamla" is the Sanskrit word.

Indians are not going to like her, no matter her name. And it seems, rest feel the same way.

- - - Updated - - -

More like zero. Easier to have Hindu last names! Believe me.
    We better let Sana Amanat know. The Pakistani comic book writer who created Kamala Khan.
    Last edited by MCMLXXXII; 2022-06-22 at 12:06 PM.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    Jesus, it's true MMO Champion values here. "omg it suxxorz omg it's worstest ever!"

I am enjoying the first 2 episodes, really nice change from the absolutely horrid Iron Fist and Bucky boredom.
    oh Iron Fist was the absolute worse. second season was a lot better but that's not saying much considering just how shit the first season was. but it was also not done by the folks at Marvel

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    oh Iron Fist was the absolute worse. second season was a lot better but that's not saying much considering just how shit the first season was. but it was also not done by the folks at Marvel
    You liked Iron Fist S2?

Let me guess...... The Last Jedi was amazing to you wasn't it?

The cope in this thread..... lol

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumble View Post
    You liked Iron Fist S2?

Let me guess...... The Last Jedi was amazing to you wasn't it?

The cope in this thread..... lol
    oh good lord. you're going on my ignore list. read this carefully: first off, me saying that the second season of IF was better than season one IS NOT THE SAME THING as saying that I liked it. I didn't like it. Daredevil, Jessica Jones and Luke Cage were far superior. Defenders was shit.

secondly, you know what opinions are? just because YOUR opinion doesn't match mine doesn't make mine or yours invalid.

GOODBYE

So that was a very blue hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    So that was a very blue hand.
    My first thought that it has something to do with the Kree. Strange that they didn't even comment on it.

oh good lord. you're going on my ignore list. read this carefully: first off, me saying that the second season of IF was better than season one IS NOT THE SAME THING as saying that I liked it. I didn't like it. Daredevil, Jessica Jones and Luke Cage were far superior. Defenders was shit.

secondly, you know what opinions are? just because YOUR opinion doesn't match mine doesn't make mine or yours invalid.

GOODBYE
    Calm down Ani. Its just sand.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    My first thought that it has something to do with the Kree. Strange that they didn't even comment on it.
    I suspect everyone of the Marvels is related to the Kree. But Wait! Wait! Spectrum got altered by crossing the reality field in Westview...that has nothing to do with the Kree. Well I suspect very much like Kamala it just woke up something latent in her....something that came to her through mommy Maria ( god knows what happened from the 90s Cpt.marvel to present day).

Why? Well because there's nothing but the Kree in the galaxy. Skrulls are refugees, Shi'ar does not exist, Xandar is destroyed, Badoon does not exist, Spartax does not exist, Chi Tauri are ( we can guess) destroyed....so everything defaults to Kree.

I'm liking everything about Ms.Marvel....from the visual design to Iman Vellani.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimiOne View Post
    I suspect everyone of the Marvels is related to the Kree. But Wait! Wait! Spectrum got altered by crossing the reality field in Westview...that has nothing to do with the Kree. Well I suspect very much like Kamala it just woke up something latent in her....something that came to her through mommy Maria ( god knows what happened from the 90s Cpt.marvel to present day).

Why? Well because there's nothing but the Kree in the galaxy. Skrulls are refugees, Shi'ar does not exist, Xandar is destroyed, Badoon does not exist, Spartax does not exist, Chi Tauri are ( we can guess) destroyed....so everything defaults to Kree.

I'm liking everything about Ms.Marvel....from the visual design to Iman Vellani.
    Only half of Xandar was killed off, rest are still there. Am confident we will see Nova in the next Guardians movie

Quote Originally Posted by PrimiOne View Post
    there's nothing but the Kree in the galaxy
    That's obviously not true. The Eternals are out there, at the very least. I assume that they're what was hinted at in after-credits scene in Shang-Chi, with them trying to figure out where the rings came from.

Even if it's neither of those, I doubt the Marvel universe is lacking in intergalactic/cosmic/mystical forces that simply haven't been introduced yet.

No , no, don't get me wrong there's obviously a universe full of life and civilizations out there : there's the Marauders, the Sovereigns, the Titans (some clearly fleed before Thanos destruction...exhibit? Eros) , the multiple races we see in Knowhere, Xandar will get restored and all that...we see statues to the Abstracts, we see Watchers ( talking to Stan Lee..)

I mean theres only one Empire. Of all the classic Marvel Empires the only one that now is relevant in the MCU are the Kree. The rest are non existant now or decimated.

I actually like Iron Fist season 1, but season 2 I made it 2 episodes in I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I actually like Iron Fist season 1, but season 2 I made it 2 episodes in I think.
    I thought season 2 was an immense improvement.

The only issue I had with iron Fist was the fights which is the kind of thing you really want to get right. You'd think they would just have the actor wear a mask like in the comics so that they could easily sneak the stunt actor in.

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    The only issue I had with iron Fist was the fights which is the kind of thing you really want to get right. You'd think they would just have the actor wear a mask like in the comics so that they could easily sneak the stunt actor in.
    If I recall the stunt coordinator said Finn refused to train. (As opposed to Charlie Cox who was a beast when it came doing his own stunts and fight scenes)

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    If I recall the stunt coordinator said Finn refused to train.
    Which I guess is weirdly in character for this version of Danny Rand, who somehow manages to spend 15 years studying with martial arts masters without acquiring as much as a SHRED of self-discipline.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    If I recall the stunt coordinator said Finn refused to train. (As opposed to Charlie Cox who was a beast when it came doing his own stunts and fight scenes)
    I thought it was because they didn't actually start any training until two weeks before filming?

Keep in mind that the showrunner for season 1 was the Inhumans guy. In general not a great track record.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    I thought it was because they didn't actually start any training until two weeks before filming? Keep in mind that the showrunner for season 1 was the Inhumans guy. In general not a great track record.
    Well, according to Iron Fist stunt coordinator Brett Chan,

"Everyone's fighting and the actor doesn't want to train and...'Guys, throw me a bone. Give me something to work with here.' That's probably why the best sequences were with Jessica Henwick because she trained four hours a day and she had zero martial arts experience."

the showrunner wasn't helping.

Well I'm having fun. Sorry if any of you aren't.