Thread: [TV] Ms. Marvel

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimiOne View Post
    No , no, don't get me wrong there's obviously a universe full of life and civilizations out there : there's the Marauders, the Sovereigns, the Titans (some clearly fleed before Thanos destruction...exhibit? Eros) , the multiple races we see in Knowhere, Xandar will get restored and all that...we see statues to the Abstracts, we see Watchers ( talking to Stan Lee..)

I mean theres only one Empire. Of all the classic Marvel Empires the only one that now is relevant in the MCU are the Kree. The rest are non existant now or decimated.
    Just because we didn't saw them yet doesn't mean they don't exist.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Just because we didn't saw them yet doesn't mean they don't exist.
    No , of course not .I thought that was implicit in my answer. I have zero doubts Galactus is out there....the Beyonders, the Phoenix Force , the Abstracts, the Shi'Ar ,Spartax , the negative Zone and Annihilus, the other Elders ( and I hope not depicted like the Grandmaster and the Collector) , the other Faltines and more extra-dimensionals beings (Cyttorak,etc) , the Infinites....even the One-Above-All as much as it risk offending some judeochristian groups. They are all having a good cosmic party playing marbles with planets but right now we have what we have and the picture leave us with little to choose.

I mean there's so little yet that Adam Warlock is in the oven right now being cooked by....the Sovereigns? Really? Well, yeah , there was not much to chose from. Quill is the son of ...Ego? Not J'Son? What the...? Wait...the Eye of Agamotto is the Time Gem? Wait....that looked like a cosmic cube,behaved like a cosmic cube but it's an Infinity Gem? Wait....Drax was born not created as Thanos archnemesis? He hates Thanos because he killed his family not because its in their bioprogram?

They have to make this strange relations because they introduce an element but the rest of the puzzle that explain that element it's not in the MCU (yet) and although some may think it's a creative decission I have my doubts. Quoting Newton Marvel Comics walks over the shoulder of giants , they write having a mountain of prior stories and narratives and just add a leaf to the giant tree while Marvel Studios had to start from scratch and connect the pieces of the puzzle as they go having way way less pieces of that puzzle so sometimes we have to excuse them if the fucking Sovereigns create Adam Warlock and if Kamala is not an inhuman ( or...is she?) but still is Kree related.
    Last edited by PrimiOne; 2022-06-23 at 03:07 PM.

I really like this show. Excellent genre piece.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    so a couple of things that were brought to my attention that I missed on my first watch of episode 3.

1. when they find the bracelet in 1942, the arm it's attached to is blue. gee, I wonder which race that could be.
    2. there is a brief moment when the camera gives us an aerial view of the room, the moonlight gives us a very clear shot of the floor... there are 10 distinct rings carved into the floor, each with a different symbol. wasn't there a recent movie about 10 rings? the same 10 rings that are sending a signal out to somewhere unknown?

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    1. when they find the bracelet in 1942, the arm it's attached to is blue. kree, I wonder which race that could be.
    Fixed that for you.

Take all the shots you can, brother.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Fixed that for you.

Take all the shots you can, brother.
    hahaha love it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I need them to stop leaving me on a cliffhanger. xD It's making me angy.

ETA: However, Kamala remains the most freaking adorable character, she really makes the entire series.
    Last edited by TirielWoW; 2022-06-25 at 03:00 AM.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    so a couple of things that were brought to my attention that I missed on my first watch of episode 3.

1. when they find the bracelet in 1942, the arm it's attached to is blue. gee, I wonder which race that could be.
    I mean, the strong implication is that it's Djinn, not Kree. Not everything blue is Kree.

That said, there's pink Kree, too.

2. there is a brief moment when the camera gives us an aerial view of the room, the moonlight gives us a very clear shot of the floor... there are 10 distinct rings carved into the floor, each with a different symbol. wasn't there a recent movie about 10 rings? the same 10 rings that are sending a signal out to somewhere unknown?
    And which were almost certainly of either extraterrestrial or interdimensional origin, yeah.

How does it all connect? Gotta keep watching!

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    I thought it was because they didn't actually start any training until two weeks before filming?

Keep in mind that the showrunner for season 1 was the Inhumans guy. In general not a great track record.
    Also the guy who did the last couple of seasons of Dexter.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    Ah, great track record.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    Huh, never knew that. I guess having the right connections is better than having actual talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Huh, never knew that. I guess having the right connections is better than having actual talent.
    Well, he's a decent enough writer...he just doesn't seem to have the skillset to actually run a show.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    The latest episode was weird ... I honestly don't know where they are taking this series.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

I watched episode 3 and I really really hope it's a vision and not her stuck in the past. What's next? She is actually a manifestation of Aisha but somehow due to <insert bs reasoning here> she lost her memories and everything.
    Marvel might not go that route, because they generally do shows decently instead of the uber cliches like "It was all a dream" and "It was all due to memory loss"

I don't know why but recent Marvel TV shows... just lack any sort of captivating premise for me...
    I startet Ms. Marvel but i just can't get into it. Same with Moon Knight, Loki or Hawkeye.

I finished Falcon and Wandavision. Liked both of them but the rest... is watch 1-3 epsiodes and just sorta forget about them?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I'm curious in what you thought it was "weird." I thought it was a pretty good episode, overall.

Introduces the Red Dagger, introduces some culture to people, even introduces some important history regarding India that people might not have known about, and mentioned what people in this thread talked about regarding Kamala's name. By the end of the episode, I feel like what we're going to see going forward is Kamala meeting her aunt, that then gives us two bangles (Aisha said there was meant to be two), we'll see Kamala's family be saved/getting on the last train, and then Aisha probably disappears because they use their bangles together to actually send Aisha home, which is why Aisha literally just vanishes off the face of the Earth at this point in time. Two bangles making it a trip that is no longer dangerous, ofc.
    Weird doesn't mean bad, just weird. I enjoyed it, just that this isn't what I expected from this series.
    Other Marvel series, they felt pretty straight forward with how they were going to go to me in comparison.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    I watched episode 3 and I really really hope it's a vision and not her stuck in the past. What's next? She is actually a manifestation of Aisha but somehow due to <insert bs reasoning here> she lost her memories and everything.
    Marvel might not go that route, because they generally do shows decently instead of the uber cliches like "It was all a dream" and "It was all due to memory loss"
    no, she's not a manifestation of Aisha. no clue where you got that from tbh

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    I don't know why but recent Marvel TV shows... just lack any sort of captivating premise for me...
    I startet Ms. Marvel but i just can't get into it. Same with Moon Knight, Loki or Hawkeye.

I finished Falcon and Wandavision. Liked both of them but the rest... is watch 1-3 epsiodes and just sorta forget about them?
    Sometimes things just don't work for an individual. My sister loved Eternals, I waited until I could see it at home and thought it was meh.
    –The Sith Code

I'm enjoying the show even tho its clear that I'm not the target. It also gives me something extra to talk with my 12yo nephew. The only thing I don't like its the way her powers are shown, I really enjoy her powers in the comics. Other than that, the show its entertaining and fun.
    Last edited by escalprillo; 2022-06-29 at 03:46 PM.
    f signatures

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by escalprillo View Post
    I'm enjoying the shoe even tho its clear that I'm not the target. It also gives me something extra to talk with my 12yo nephew. The only thing I dont like its the way her powers are shown, I really enjoy her powers in the comics. Other than that, the show its entertaining and fun.
    The problem is that her powers are hard to portray in live action. They could do it, but they more often will look goofy than realistic.

And iirc, the creator said we haven't seen her full powers yet. It may be she gets her normal powers at the end of the series and the current is just a stepping stone.
    –The Sith Code