Thread: [TV] Ms. Marvel

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    no, she's not a manifestation of Aisha. no clue where you got that from tbh
    Because that's generally the b/s plotlines shows like to sell. See Heroes, Fringe, Warehouse 13 etc etc etc. Alternate timeline b/s etc.I came to expect that level of frustration

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I'd consider this a good thing, personally. Subverting expectations and not actually doing exactly why you imagine will happen keeps things interesting. And, contrary to what I'm sure some will say, is a sign of good writing.
    Honestly, I am enjoying the series. Depending on how it goes, this may be my favorite Disney+ MCU series.

Iman is doing a great job. Though, that could just be because she is the real world Kamala Khan. And I was on the fence on seeing the Marvels in theaters, but if she is going to be in it. She sold me on seeing it.

And it is weird for me to say I am more excited in a series than I was for the series itself. I want to see where this goes and how it gets there. Unlike with Hawkeye where I knew where it was going and just wanted it to get there.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Sometimes things just don't work for an individual. My sister loved Eternals, I waited until I could see it at home and thought it was meh.
    Eternals would've been a lot better as a tv show I think.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    Because that's generally the b/s plotlines shows like to sell. See Heroes, Fringe, Warehouse 13 etc etc etc. Alternate timeline b/s etc.I came to expect that level of frustration
    um yeah ok. well I can tell you just because other shows did that doesn't mean it's happening with this one. your original statement and this one don't make much sense because yeah it hasn't happened yet and probably won't happen.

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly, I am enjoying the series. Depending on how it goes, this may be my favorite Disney+ MCU series.

Iman is doing a great job. Though, that could just be because she is the real world Kamala Khan. And I was on the fence on seeing the Marvels in theaters, but if she is going to be in it. She sold me on seeing it.

And it is weird for me to say I am more excited in a series than I was for the series itself. I want to see where this goes and how it gets there. Unlike with Hawkeye where I knew where it was going and just wanted it to get there.
    I reckon final episode is going to have Captain Marvel show up after somehow sensing the magical power or something. It's Kree-related, and has a connection to the 10 rings which also saw Captain Marvel make an appearance at the end of that movie

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    I reckon final episode is going to have Captain Marvel show up after somehow sensing the magical power or something. It's Kree-related, and has a connection to the 10 rings which also saw Captain Marvel make an appearance at the end of that movie
    I could see Captain Marvel appearing, or Monica Rambeau needs to appear at some point, imo.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I could see Captain Marvel appearing, or Monica Rambeau needs to appear at some point, imo.
    my guess is that the DODC catches up with Kamala and go to imprison her and Captain Marvel is like "nooope!"

I'd consider this a good thing, personally. Subverting expectations and not actually doing exactly why you imagine will happen keeps things interesting. And, contrary to what I'm sure some will say, is a sign of good writing.
    It’s a bit more complicated than that. Subverting expectations is one of the easiest things a writer can do; take the outcome the audience expects given the narrative you’ve presented then do anything BUT that. Subverting expectations can certainly be done well, but there are plenty of examples of it done poorly.

I liked that they addressed that her name is not a typical Pakistani name.

Enjoyable episode. The partition was really well shown despite clearly being a ‘set’.

No person is meant to like everything just because they're part of a shared universe that has other things you enjoy.
    If only more people would recognize this basic fact and act accordingly.

Loki has been the only D+ Marvel show I've really enjoyed, though WandaVision was ok. Just because I haven't really enjoyed the rest doesn't make them bad, or lazy writing, or whatever buzzword someone wants to use ... just that I'm not the audience for them. And I don't think I'm the audience for Ms. Marvel, either. But I would never want to piss on the fun of the people that are enjoying it, I'm happy for them.

Like you say, not everything has to be meant for me. The truly pathetic people are the ones that hate-watch shows for years just so they can bitch about whatever latest item bothers them. The Marvel, Star Wars and Star Trek fandoms are downright infested with those sorts of people.

It was...alrightish? I didn't hate it but I don't think marvel can really do tv series well. It's kind of the inverse of dc.

Marvel for movies dc for shows.

No person is meant to like everything just because they're part of a shared universe that has other things you enjoy.
    It seems the MCU more than anything I’ve ever seen requires this to be explained to people ad nauseam. There are people that have been saying they’re done with Marvel stuff since endgame, yet keep on coming back to restate as such with every new MCU item. It’s absolutely bizarre.

OT I finally caught the first episode and enjoyed it well enough. Not sure why people are bashing on the lead actress. She’s not going to win an Emmy but she’s far from horrid.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    I watched episode 3 and I really really hope it's a vision and not her stuck in the past. What's next? She is actually a manifestation of Aisha but somehow due to <insert bs reasoning here> she lost her memories and everything.
    Marvel might not go that route, because they generally do shows decently instead of the uber cliches like "It was all a dream" and "It was all due to memory loss"
    Tbf I think it's actually her terrigen vision instead of time travel. They will make us think it's timetravel stuff 'till the end of the next episode where they reveal that when the bangle broke she went into terrigenesis, hence the vision of the partition. They even said again that her powers are gene based and that "if Thor would have landed in the Himalaya Mountains they would have called him a djinn." Iirc in the comics, the Inhumans had Attilan hidden there, so that's another tease for them.

Also, it looks like the clandestine want to start an incursion between 616 and the nuur dimension?
    Last edited by Lady Atia; 2022-06-30 at 10:31 AM.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Tbf I think it's actually her terrigen vision instead of time travel.
    They have made it clear that inhumans are not going to be used for the forseeable future so that doesn't make sense.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JDL49 View Post
    They have made it clear that inhumans are not going to be used for the forseeable future so that doesn't make sense.
    Multiverse of Madness literally had Black Bolt in it.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Multiverse of Madness literally had Black Bolt in it.
    And he was not in this universe. Inhumans in the lesser class universes are obviously another matter.
    Kamala is in the main universe and there are no inhumans here yet.
    Last edited by JDL49; 2022-07-01 at 08:10 PM.

And he was not in this universe.
    The only character who didn’t exist in different universes was America. The rest were variants.

7+ Year Old Account
    And he was not in this universe. Inhumans in the lesser class universes are obviously another matter.
    Depends on the canonicity of AoS tbh.

Also, it's rumoured that we will see the Universal Inhumans during "The Marvels".

#TEAMGIRAFFE

1+ Year Old Account
    That we know of. They could be quietly living on the moon still in the MCU.

As for where I think the show is going, my guess is she is in the past, and it's going to be her who saves her grandmother with the "trail of stars." She'll probably also meet her great grandmother who, unable to use the bracelet any better than the other ClanDestines, gives it to Kamala who uses both of them to transport Aisha safely through to Noor (hence her disappearance). Kamala then makes sure her grandmother gets Aisha's version of the bracelet before somehow getting transported back to the present, thus maintaining the circle of events and not causing any paradoxes other than the predestined one that already existed.

Seems the most likely way things will go given how they kept repeatedly alluding to her grandmother's story without showing any flashbacks of it. It also demonstrates the power of having two of the bracelets instead of one, leading Kamala on a quest to find the original partner bracelet.
    Last edited by Izthak; 2022-07-01 at 10:04 PM.

Depends on the canonicity of AoS tbh.

Also, it's rumoured that we will see the Universal Inhumans during "The Marvels".
    As much as I love AoS it looks like it isn't canon to the main MCU universe and given that, frankly
    I wouldn't expect Inhumans in the main MCU before Mutants. Since we aren't all that close to
    getting the X-Men (not any earlier than 2025 for a movie) I just can not see any intro of Inhumans
    to the primary MCU Universe for at least 5 or 6 years. YMMV and non main universes are another
    matter.
    Last edited by JDL49; 2022-07-02 at 01:23 AM.

This show is moving at a breakneck speed.

It's like entirely new rosters of characters are introduced each episode.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Snuke View Post
    The only character who didn’t exist in different universes was America. The rest were variants.
    Yeah but it doesn't mean the same people are in ever universe?

America is, so far, the only person with no other counterparts but there's perfectly possible other universes were there isn't a tony stark or something.

Pretty sure green goblin states there's no Osborn in the MCU proper