Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    The thing here is, and this is important to mention: yes, FFXIV has more varied content by far. WoW has raids, mythic dungeons and farming 0.01% drop rate mount and pet recolors. But the OP isn't asking about all content. In fact, he's very specifically excluding all non-raid content. And yes, WoW caters far more to the RAID RAID RAID mentality. (Which is a massive detriment in my opinion, but it isn't my thread.)
    Problem is whenever WoW makes content outside of pvp/raids/keys the loudest backlash from the vocal forumgoers is something along the lines of "wasting dev time on stuff that isn't content."

You said it yourself with your reply to Caprias that I snipped cause I don't know how to format that. =-)
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

I've played since heavensward and I haven't seen a single cut scene. I blast through the leveling and then I do dungeons and raids, a little bit of glamour/transmog and level other jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Problem is whenever WoW makes content outside of pvp/raids/keys the loudest backlash from the vocal forumgoers is something along the lines of "wasting dev time on stuff that isn't content."

You said it yourself with your reply to Caprias that I snipped cause I don't know how to format that. =-)
    Myeah, fair enough. That's a shame, and I do think it makes WoW feel less evergreen than it does, because if you're not a parser, you're not going to be that excited about raiding for long. Hell, if you don't like the hardcore raid life, you won't even step a foot into mythic raiding or even heroic raiding. I don't know who I'd blame for the fact that you really only have a limited amount of routes to go for WoW content, but regardless, it's one of the reasons I don't particularly miss it.

I will always admit, though, that for better or worse, WoW has a bigger and more developed raiding scene. This is just the truth, but it also appears to come at a cost, which I don't think is worth it.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    What a strange question considering that entire FF14 from the level 1 of your first job to cap is endgame.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2022 - that's two-zero-two-two, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of double-masked tripple-jabbed sissies who stand with Ukraine.

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    An expansion will have the following:

12 normal/savage raid bosses.
    12-15 Alliance raid bosses.
    7-9 Trial bosses.
    1-2 Ultimate raids.

That's about 35 bosses per expansion, completely comparable with WoW.
    Except 90% of those bosses just fall over. Extreme/Savage are a joke compared to Mythic.

Quote Originally Posted by BraveNewWorld View Post
    Except 90% of those bosses just fall over. Extreme/Savage are a joke compared to Mythic.
    And Mythic is a joke compared to Ultimate. So what?

Most people aren't mythic raiders, so it doesn't really reflect on the quality or quantity of PvP content.

And Mythic is a joke compared to Ultimate. So what?

Most people aren't mythic raiders, so it doesn't really reflect on the quality or quantity of PvP content.
    OP asked for end-game content. I don't consider anything below Mythic raiding to be end-game content in wow, and anything below Ultimate in FF as well.

And please don't bring PvP up, if you think PvP in FF14 is "content" we can end this discussion right here lmao.

When a group of world first wow raiders joined the savage world first race, and took months to practice and prepare for it, did they just one shot the bosses that you claim "just fall over" or did they come in 36th after days of attempts?

I await the clever way you dodge this question.

- - - Updated - - -

OP asked for end-game content. I don't consider anything below Mythic raiding to be end-game content in wow, and anything below Ultimate in FF as well.

And please don't bring PvP up, if you think PvP in FF14 is "content" we can end this discussion right here lmao.
    Endgame means the content you do at max level. World quests are endgame and mythic raids are endgame.

And PvP is amazing in FF right now. Crystalline Conflict is incredible.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

I found the issue in your post.

- - - Updated - - -

And PvP is amazing in FF right now. Crystalline Conflict is incredible.
    Honestly, I still need to throw myself into it. Maybe during season 2, to get the glam and emote stuff.

I found the issue in your post.

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly, I still need to throw myself into it. Maybe during season 2, to get the glam and emote stuff.
    The way they redid the jobs is amazing. Stripping everyone down to so few abilities has made all the jobs feel very focused. There's no weird bloat or useless abilities. Everything has a purpose.
    -ynnady

The way they redid the jobs is amazing. Stripping everyone down to so few abilities has made all the jobs feel very focused. There's no weird bloat or useless abilities. Everything has a purpose.
    I neglected to jump into it at the start because I was busy throwing myself onto housing stuff.

Then I heard BLM got buffed so hard it pushed other people out and since then I haven't heard much, lol.

We can end the discussion right here and now as well if you don't consider savage/max level content end-game content.
    Destiny 2 raids are end-game content as well even though you can probably solo/2man them when they are "current" content, even though they are meant to be played with 6 players. Difficulty has absolutely nothing to do with it.

The encounters are designed in a similar way to WoW encounters, they are just tuned differently.
    The amount of "content" doesn't change from tuning.

If you need 5 years to kill a boss, it's still just 1 boss and not "5 years worth of end-game content".
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2022-06-23 at 11:01 AM.

[QUOTE=Thoriangun;53806723]

Alliance raids are LFR, don't kid your self
    Alliance AND normal raid are LFG. You clear both easily with randoms and half the group can can be braindead (if not both healers - though I often enough saved even such raids as a DD class with heals and ress like Red Mage).

As someone playing WoW since Vanilla Beta and trying to get into FFXIV: No. The combat is just awful, the mechanics are awful and clunky and the endgame content ist boring/asia-grind-style². If you like WoW and how it handles endgame you will not enjoy FFXIV Endgame.
    Vanilla Good, TBC Bad, Wotlk Good, Cata Bad, MoP Good, WoD Bad, Legion Good, BfA Bad, SL Good, ??? Bad

Quote Originally Posted by Aradur View Post
    As someone playing WoW since Vanilla Beta and trying to get into FFXIV: No. The combat is just awful, the mechanics are awful and clunky and the endgame content ist boring/asia-grind-style². If you like WoW and how it handles endgame you will not enjoy FFXIV Endgame.
    Bwahahahaha "asia style grind" bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Why are you commenting on things you don't play?
    -ynnady

Everyone I play with runs both extensively.

Everyone I play with runs extreme trials extensively.
    Personal experience is a fine thing but just that. Overall the majoriy of people really did not care at all to run old stuff and it was hard to get into any of that in all these years if there wasn't some event or it was on some daily roulette.

The only reason to run both would be it you do it for the vanity stuff. Of course it's better you do that with a fix group, because most people are terrible and will simply leave when they got their drop and if you do somethign like an ex trial or savage, it's simply smoother and faster to do it with halfway competent people.

If you don't need something at once, you can of course just wait till the next expansion and get your mount and alike much easier and faster without the terrible RNG. Even if you got a smooth group, you can easily have 20-30 runs without a single drop and such groups normally go in to get 8 of it.

No, you wouldn't.

The big problem with your "logic" here is it makes two completely bogus assumptions:

1. That Savage is infinitely farmable so there is no need to do other content to fill out slots or upgrade sets for alt jobs. This is obviously false.
    2. That the only reason to do content is for upgrades. This is also false.
    It's much more farmable than the other stuff. See: until the alliance raid arrives you already got over 16 weeks of savage farming PLUS 16 weeks of your tomestones and upgrade materials from savage. And when alliance raid gets out you also only got one drop per boss and it will be worse gear, no weapon (which stands for the majority of your toons power anyway) and no accessoire.

Even when it comes to side-jobs, you can just buy and upgrade the crafted gear (or craft it yourself). Upgrades to alliance raid level are easier and faster to get than the alliance drops and you can get if for all equipment, not only for armor parts.

Before ShB, there was no crafted gear upgrade, by that alliance raid gear was simply on par with not upgraded tomestone gear, what made running the alliance raids more worthwhile.

Bwahahahaha "asia style grind" bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Why are you commenting on things you don't play?
    Getting the best gathering/profession-Tools = Farm the same Orechunks literaly thousands of time, making the same shit from literally the same gather materials thousand of times to trade it in
    Getting the best weapons/upgrades = Farm this boring PoS-Warfront-Thing for weeks/months and do the same shit over and over and over and over again to get the mats you need to upgrade it.

== Asia Style grind. No thanks, i'll pass.
    Vanilla Good, TBC Bad, Wotlk Good, Cata Bad, MoP Good, WoD Bad, Legion Good, BfA Bad, SL Good, ??? Bad

Quote Originally Posted by Miriamel105 View Post
    Personal experience is a fine thing but just that. Overall the majoriy of people really did not care at all to run old stuff and it was hard to get into any of that in all these years if there wasn't some event or it was on some daily roulette.

The only reason to run both would be it you do it for the vanity stuff. Of course it's better you do that with a fix group, because most people are terrible and will simply leave when they got their drop and if you do somethign like an ex trial or savage, it's simply smoother and faster to do it with halfway competent people.

If you don't need something at once, you can of course just wait till the next expansion and get your mount and alike much easier and faster without the terrible RNG. Even if you got a smooth group, you can easily have 20-30 runs without a single drop and such groups normally go in to get 8 of it.

No, you wouldn't.

It's much more farmable than the other stuff. See: until the alliance raid arrives you already got over 16 weeks of savage farming PLUS 16 weeks of your tomestones and upgrade materials from savage. And when alliance raid gets out you also only got one drop per boss and it will be worse gear, no weapon (which stands for the majority of your toons power anyway) and no accessoire.

Even when it comes to side-jobs, you can just buy and upgrade the crafted gear (or craft it yourself). Upgrades to alliance raid level are easier and faster to get than the alliance drops and you can get if for all equipment, not only for armor parts.

Before ShB, there was no crafted gear upgrade, by that alliance raid gear was simply on par with not upgraded tomestone gear, what made running the alliance raids more worthwhile.

16 weeks is potentially enough to kit out 4 jobs, but only get two weapons. You aren't being honest.

- - - Updated - - -

Getting the best gathering/profession-Tools = Farm the same Orechunks literaly thousands of time, making the same shit from literally the same gather materials thousand of times to trade it in
    Getting the best weapons/upgrades = Farm this boring PoS-Warfront-Thing for weeks/months and do the same shit over and over and over and over again to get the mats you need to upgrade it.

Just admit you don't play the game man.
    -ynnady

Just admit you don't play the game man.
    Good argumentation my man. As good as FFXIV-Endgame i would nearly say...

That's not the way to get the best stuff in the game.

1) The crafting and gathering gear you buy with scrip can be earned with relatively little time invested and most certainly doesn't involve farming anything literally thousands of times. If you're doing it that way, you're doing it wrong. I was able to purchase an entire set of the highest ilevel scrip gear within one day for my gatherer's.

2) You're talking specifically about the Relic weapon which isn't even the best weapon in the game until the very last patch of the expansion series and even then it's typically not that much better than the alternative. Up until that point, the highest rated gear comes from doing the highest level end game content. That said, I won't deny the Relic weapon grind is similar to other Asian style MMO grinds. But WoW's legendaries aren't much better.

So while you may be playing the game, you're knowledge of it seems very limited and therefore your opinion on it seems to be based on incomplete or inaccurate information.

If you don't like the game though, that's fine. It's not for everybody.