Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ...
2
10
11
12
13
14
... LastLast
  1. #221
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    Nah....
    Or rather, it *really* depends on what you are doing in each game.
    Only Mythic raiding in WoW requires you to do some sort of prep in terms of gear. That's about it.

    I do basically nothing in WoW but play for ~3 hours a week and all my gear except the legendary slots are at max level or one ilvl-step below it. (that means way better than heroic raiding gear) and has been for quite a long time as well.
    And I didn't even raid this tier.

    Since it's not about "gating" gear or anything, as "the only video game you play" means that you invest a lot of *time* in that game, that statement is simply not true.
    I mean, your not lying. I myself am an altoholic. I have to constantly delete one toon to make another on my account because I have 50 toons. I wish I could be entertained enough to enjoy one toon. Then I could have logged in for 3-4 hours a week or so and still had progress. But then again, that would require me to CARE about the progress of the game. WoW is a shitshow these days. Lore all over the place, retcons out the wazoo. Constantly changing mechanics and dynamics. Sure if WoW was your ONLY game and you bought into them hook, line, and sinker, then yeah. That would be another story.

  2. #222
    Quote Originally Posted by Akibaboy View Post
    I love XIV, so what I'm about to say is not a criticism. The toxic positivity crowd will feel otherwise.

    XIV is two games mashed into one:

    1) 5, 100+ hour single-player RPGs with a solid amount of good content, and a bunch of chores you may or may not like. In experiencing this part of the game, you may wonder why you pay a subscription at all... because you can have the same experience in another Final Fantasy without one. These games are built on a foundation of a game developed in 2006 and gradually improved on. Regardless of what anyone else says, like WoW, there is nothing modern or elegant about the gameplay. It's still fun. I think old Tomb Raider and Resident Evil have fun gameplay. That's just the way it is... as it a game it feels old now. This is probably everything you want to skip.

    2) There is a MMORPG tacked on to the end of each of the 5 games. If you're just starting, that's a lot of content to digest if you can find other willing participants to do no-echo, high difficulty runs. If you're a streamer you can make this look super easy with a horde of people eager to be on the same screen as you. For everyone else, you'll probably wait 45 min in queue to play a nerfed version of the legacy content. For the active expansion, there's a lot of fun raiding to do. Your enjoyment will vary based on who you play with. The XIV community will tell you they're more positive and understanding than any other MMO... this is the same thing as interviewing for a new job and the HR coordinator telling you "We're just a big family here!" ... it's a red flag - the XIV raiding community is just as BS as everywhere else, and it's all about finding the *right* people. I found the right people in WoW, and the right people in XIV.
    Just to your first point. The appeal to me is the single player rpg aspect in the MSQ while still being a tab target mmo. I feel like that is part of the reason I don’t get super into most single player games is because I find WoW and other tab targeting games so relaxing. So FF14 is a perfect mix for me.

  3. #223
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    It is perfectly reasonable to point out that overcoming steep gear walls is a major part of WoW's raid design and not at all a part of FF14s raid design..
    The gear wall in WoW is an overused myth. Everything is killable week 1 with gear accessible before stepping into the raid. Only a handful of guilds will be able to do that, but every time there's a "mathematically impossible" boss, guilds prove it wrong. Gear in WoW serves to nerf content, not as a wall against it.

  4. #224
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    The gear wall in WoW is an overused myth. Everything is killable week 1 with gear accessible before stepping into the raid. Only a handful of guilds will be able to do that, but every time there's a "mathematically impossible" boss, guilds prove it wrong. Gear in WoW serves to nerf content, not as a wall against it.
    Halondrus?

  5. #225
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    The gear wall in WoW is an overused myth. Everything is killable week 1 with gear accessible before stepping into the raid. Only a handful of guilds will be able to do that, but every time there's a "mathematically impossible" boss, guilds prove it wrong. Gear in WoW serves to nerf content, not as a wall against it.
    Nobody said anything about things being "mathematically impossible" except you. I don't care what the best 100 people in the world do. It is meaningless. I care how it impacts the average person who does the content. If the average person who regularly does the content cannot complete it without X gear level, then that is the gear wall.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    Nah....
    Or rather, it *really* depends on what you are doing in each game.
    Only Mythic raiding in WoW requires you to do some sort of prep in terms of gear. That's about it.
    This is going to vary by group, but the norm for a mythic raider is going to be an expectation to do considerable amounts of M+ and heroic raiding, on top of multiple nights per week progressing. This is on top of the usual chores Blizzard has put in the content for the last few expansions.

    I do basically nothing in WoW but play for ~3 hours a week and all my gear except the legendary slots are at max level or one ilvl-step below it. (that means way better than heroic raiding gear) and has been for quite a long time as well.
    And I didn't even raid this tier.
    You are either lying or mistaken. What you describe is not physically possible. It's certainly possible to GET TO a point where you play ~3 hours per week, but the idea that someone is clearing mythic and getting BiS by consistently playing ~3 hours per week is absurd.

    Since it's not about "gating" gear or anything, as "the only video game you play" means that you invest a lot of *time* in that game, that statement is simply not true.
    I'm not sure what you even mean by this.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

  6. #226
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    It is perfectly reasonable to point out that heavy use of mods to trivialize mechanics is the norm in WoW but not the norm in FF14.

    It is perfectly reasonable to point out that overcoming steep gear walls is a major part of WoW's raid design and not at all a part of FF14s raid design.

    It is perfectly reasonable to point out that farming lower difficulties to gear up is the norm in WoW and not the norm in FF14.

    None of those are intrinsically value judgements, but people with serious wow brain see that and start having meltdowns and make us debate wether using ACT is the same as weak auras in a mythic end boss. It's stupid shit, but wow brain makes people say stupid shit.

    - - - Updated - - -



    It really depends what you are doing in each game, but generally speaking WoW is constructed to be the only video game you play and F14 is not. There are a lot of predatory hooks in WoW.
    Ah; the bootlicking cultist is here. Thread"s over boys.

    1) It is the norm. They just hide it. Are you conveniently forgetting the raiding drama in your precious holy grail game? Where your top end raiders got banned for...oh wow, using addons to trivialize raids beyond levels that are allowed even in wow.

    2) gear walls are a part of FF14's raid design. you arent clearing dragonsong with your 560-580 gear. Same goes for savage.Oops, was i not supposed to point that out? Sorry sweetie.

    3)No, retarded bootlicker, this is not the norm. This is the 1%.

    4)you keep crying about weakauras, and then, again, conveniently ignore the fact that FF14 players use addons that are so egregious in trivializing the game that even blizzard has broken and banned their use, and also uses addons that put their ENTIRE ROTATION ON A SINGLE BUTTON.

  7. #227
    Quote Originally Posted by Blizzaga View Post
    Ah; the bootlicking cultist is here. Thread"s over boys.

    1) It is the norm. They just hide it. Are you conveniently forgetting the raiding drama in your precious holy grail game? Where your top end raiders got banned for...oh wow, using addons to trivialize raids beyond levels that are allowed even in wow.
    Exactly, because using addons is so abnormal that it gets you banned. Thanks for proving my point I guess? You might want to think this stuff through before typing it next time.

    2) gear walls are a part of FF14's raid design. you arent clearing dragonsong with your 560-580 gear. Same goes for savage.Oops, was i not supposed to point that out? Sorry sweetie.
    The gear needed for savage can be purchased the day savage comes out. By the time the Dragonsong was released, anyone who would do it was fully kitted out for it.

    3)No, retarded bootlicker, this is not the norm. This is the 1%.
    You think the average person doing mythic doesn't do heroic for gear? Seriously? I'm not talking about split runs or anything.

    4)you keep crying about weakauras, and then, again, conveniently ignore the fact that FF14 players use addons that are so egregious in trivializing the game that even blizzard has broken and banned their use, and also uses addons that put their ENTIRE ROTATION ON A SINGLE BUTTON.
    Yeah, and the expectation in FF14 for the average raider is not to use those addons. The expectation in WoW is for the average raider to use those addons This isn't debatable, but when someone is rage posting because their feelings get hurt when someone plays a game besides wow, I don't expect them to also do things like read or think.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

  8. #228
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    Nah....
    Or rather, it *really* depends on what you are doing in each game.
    Only Mythic raiding in WoW requires you to do some sort of prep in terms of gear. That's about it.
    Unless something has changed (I haven't played the game in a long time) this is wrong. This is a video I came across a while back regarding new players and how WoW's design philosophy hurts them (it's a short video):



    WoW does not respect my time. If I want to take a break for 2 weeks, 4 weeks, 2 months, whatever I am falling further and further behind. If I'm a new player, I have an enormous mountain to climb to be able to do current content. To be clear, this person put in some serious work to try and re-join the game. He spent hours grinding up all of the honor gear for PvP. The problem is that it wasn't enough. He needed to do hours of Torghast for his legendary, to do his covenant, to work on his conduits...so he just quit instead.

    WoW expects you to play it and to continue playing it. FFXIV has similar problems in some ways (such as needing to do story to do current content) but WoW is truly on its own level when it comes to shit you need to do to play. I felt punished when I took a break from WoW.

  9. #229
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    Exactly, because using addons is so abnormal that it gets you banned. Thanks for proving my point I guess? You might want to think this stuff through before typing it next time.



    The gear needed for savage can be purchased the day savage comes out. By the time the Dragonsong was released, anyone who would do it was fully kitted out for it.



    You think the average person doing mythic doesn't do heroic for gear? Seriously? I'm not talking about split runs or anything.



    Yeah, and the expectation in FF14 for the average raider is not to use those addons. The expectation in WoW is for the average raider to use those addons This isn't debatable, but when someone is rage posting because their feelings get hurt when someone plays a game besides wow, I don't expect them to also do things like read or think.
    No cultist, addons are "banned" because FF14 is a game for consolebabies such as yourself.

    "The gear needed for savage can be purchased the day savage comes out"

    Hmmmm and how did they purchase it? Oh yeah, by farming lower difficulty content.

    Seriously sweety, you should actually try playing the game you're bootlicking for. But hey, we all know the average FF14 player is a spit drizzling retard that cant even manage pressing a cooldown.


    People like you are the reason FF14 and its community as a whole are viewed as the laughing stock of MMO gaming.
    Constantly spouting your indoctrinated cultist shit, wow bad ff14 gud, while having 2 of yoshidas cocks in your eyesockets so you can blind yourself to the truth that they're the exact same game. Even your precious god yoshida has openly admitted to the fact that FF14 is a wow clone to the minute details. Except for the housing, which he stole from Lotro, and made it worse with artificial limitations on availability
    Last edited by Blizzaga; 2022-06-24 at 05:23 PM.

  10. #230
    Quote Originally Posted by Blizzaga View Post
    No cultist, addons are "banned" because FF14 is a game for consolebabies such as yourself.
    Tools that do the fights for you are banned because FF14 is for babies and if it was for big strong grownups it would have more addons that do mechanics for you? Yeah, that's some rock solid logic there buddy.

    "The gear needed for savage can be purchased the day savage comes out"

    Hmmmm and how did they purchase it? Oh yeah, by farming lower difficulty content.
    What? You don't farm Normal to get Gil.

    Seriously sweety, you should actually try playing the game you're bootlicking for. But hey, we all know the average FF14 player is a spit drizzling retard that cant even manage pressing a cooldown.
    Good argument. You really got me there. If only all of us could have the intellectual rigor of someone who gets banned from a video game forum and then makes a burner account to troll with. I'm sure that's a sign of a very accomplished and happy life.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

  11. #231
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    You are either lying or mistaken. What you describe is not physically possible. It's certainly possible to GET TO a point where you play ~3 hours per week, but the idea that someone is clearing mythic and getting BiS by consistently playing ~3 hours per week is absurd.
    What do you mean... you just run some Mythic+. And I didn't say "BiS". I said way better than heroic raiding gear, which is enough to clear mythic raids if you actually want to as only the very last few bosses actually drop higher ilvl


    I'm not sure what you even mean by this.
    It means there is nothing in this game even wanting me to play this game for 10 hours (random number) a day or whatever so that I can't play other games.
    You can do some things on a weekly basis and those things are what get you forward.
    Playing a lot doesn't get you anywhere.
    So I don't understand how WoW is "constructed to be my only video game".

    I'm still only "friendly" with the new faction btw and I'm pretty sure next patch there will be a catch up for my legendary one way or another... at least that has been the case since forever now, it would be a new thing if that isn't the case.

    For 2 seasons I do absolutely *nothing* but log in on a specific day, do 4-5 mythic+ and log out.

    Quote Originally Posted by xmirrors View Post
    snip
    That video is super dishonest if you consider the context here in this thread.
    You have to do shit to do shit. That's the case in FFXIV as well. You don't just have "gil", you don't have just your gatherer up, you don't just get your gear from PvP. You also do shit there. I clear FFXIV savage every tier and *I* don't have Gil to buy gear. It's *way* too expensive to do so and it takes time and weeks before the prices fall down.

    What's the problem?

    When shadowlands came out, I did some mythics, then I did raids and mythic+ and mythic+ already outgeared heroic raids for me before my guild achieved curve... and I never even did multiple runs every week, very often I'd just do one.
    That's the point where I have more than enough gear to try out mythic raids and even clear it. It's just a question of playerskill at that point and no longer a question about how much time I'll invest in this game.

    Now, since I'm not raiding, I'm doing about 4 every week, but that's not necessary for the gear. I do it because I just like to do +20 etc.

    Legendaries take way less effort to farm up than tomestone gear in FFXIV.
    Conduits? A joke, you get them by the dozen in M+.
    Just below max level as well, or even maxlevel if you are good enough.
    I haven't touched Thorghast ever since.... I don't know... when did the doggo stuff come out for the first time in there? That's how long it has been. Maybe a year and a half or something?
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2022-06-24 at 05:40 PM.

  12. #232
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    What do you mean... you just run some Mythic+. And I didn't say "BiS". I said way better than heroic raiding gear, which is enough to clear mythic raids if you actually want to as only the very last few bosses actually drop higher ilvl
    Im not sure we are talking about the same thing at this point. By the time M+ has paid off that kind of gear, you are way way way way way into the tier. If your argument is that after 3 months of +15 weekly chest rewards you will have good gear for mythic, sure, but I don't know what that has to do with what I said.

    It means there is nothing in this game even wanting me to play this game for 10 hours a day or whatever so that I can't play other games.
    You can do some things on a weekly basis and those things are what get you forward.
    Playing a lot doesn't get you anywhere.
    So I don't understand how WoW is "constructed to be my only video game".

    I'm still only "friendly" with the new faction btw and I'm pretty sure next patch there will be a catch up for my legendary one way or another... at least that has been the case since forever now, it would be a new thing if that isn't the case.
    The design punishes you very, very hard for falling behind, such as waiting a month to come in and try the new raid or get going in M+. You start off VERY substantially behind everyone else no matter what level you want to raid or do M+ at. None of this is debatable. You guys get so weird about this stuff. There are upsides to this design. It isn't even a value judgement. It's just a fact of how the game works and is designed.

    I don't know why it is so important to people like you to categorically deny basic, clear difference between two games. It's like you have some kind of chip on your shoulder and you can't stand to give even an inch. It honestly starts to feel like a defense mechanism after awhile.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

  13. #233
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    What do you mean... you just run some Mythic+. And I didn't say "BiS". I said way better than heroic raiding gear, which is enough to clear mythic raids if you actually want to as only the very last few bosses actually drop higher ilvl




    It means there is nothing in this game even wanting me to play this game for 10 hours (random number) a day or whatever so that I can't play other games.
    You can do some things on a weekly basis and those things are what get you forward.
    Playing a lot doesn't get you anywhere.
    So I don't understand how WoW is "constructed to be my only video game".

    I'm still only "friendly" with the new faction btw and I'm pretty sure next patch there will be a catch up for my legendary one way or another... at least that has been the case since forever now, it would be a new thing if that isn't the case.

    For 2 seasons I do absolutely *nothing* but log in on a specific day, do 4-5 mythic+ and log out.

    That video is super dishonest if you consider the context here in this thread.
    You have to do shit to do shit. That's the case in FFXIV as well. You don't just have "gil", you don't have just your gatherer up, you don't just get your gear from PvP. You also do shit there.
    What's the problem?
    When shadowlands came out, I did some mythics, then I did raids and mythic+ and mythic+ already outgeared heroic raids for me before my guild achieved curve... and I never even did multiple runs every week, very often I'd just do one.
    That's the point where I have more than enough gear to try out mythic raids and even clear it. It's just a question of playerskill at that point and no longer a question about how much time I'll invest in this game.

    Now, since I'm not raiding, I'm doing about 4 every week, but that's not necessary for the gear. I do it because I just like to do +20 etc.
    The problem is that ninespines is an nototious bootlicker for FF14. Nothing you say will make him admit he is wrong, and that FF14 is exactly the same as wow. Despite, you know, the creator of the game even admitting it is. Every single one of his perceived "issues" with wow are also present in FF14, b--bb-but its different because....it just is okay?

    Hell, Square enix is even copying the abusing of employees, but no one apparantly gives a fuck about that, its only bad whne blizz does it i suppose

  14. #234
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    That video is super dishonest if you consider the context here in this thread.
    You have to do shit to do shit. That's the case in FFXIV as well. You don't just have "gil", you don't have just your gatherer up, you don't just get your gear from PvP. You also do shit there.
    What's the problem?
    I have to assume the video is talking about early Shadowlands, too. Because today you don't need to grind Torghast, you don't need to go crazy to upgrade things, it doesn't take hours and hours and hours to get basic gear. You get flying just by doing part of the total campaign, you get your two legendaries (one of which will be 291) just from doing Zerith Mortis casually.

    The issue with WoW isn't the systems right now, it's the information gap. There are so many ways to do things wrong, and if you're not the kind of player that searches up guides for your class, your gear, your legendaries, your covenant, your soulbinds, etc...you're in danger of wasting time on things that don't work very well. And the game doesn't communicate a lot of this to newer players.

    That's not to say that XIV doesn't have things to learn as well, but you're not really in danger of blowing a weeks worth of mats and a chunk of gold on the "wrong thing" because you didn't know about a nerf or something.

  15. #235
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    That video is super dishonest if you consider the context here in this thread.
    You have to do shit to do shit. That's the case in FFXIV as well. You don't just have "gil", you don't have just your gatherer up, you don't just get your gear from PvP. You also do shit there. I clear FFXIV savage every tier and *I* don't have Gil to buy gear. It's *way* too expensive to do so and it takes time and weeks before the prices fall down.

    What's the problem?

    When shadowlands came out, I did some mythics, then I did raids and mythic+ and mythic+ already outgeared heroic raids for me before my guild achieved curve... and I never even did multiple runs every week, very often I'd just do one.
    That's the point where I have more than enough gear to try out mythic raids and even clear it. It's just a question of playerskill at that point and no longer a question about how much time I'll invest in this game.

    Now, since I'm not raiding, I'm doing about 4 every week, but that's not necessary for the gear. I do it because I just like to do +20 etc.
    FF14 to do list for savage:
    1. Get gil or gear up in a couple of weeks manually

    WoW to do list for raiding:
    1. Clear the lower difficulties for upgrades
    2. Do M+ for upgrades.
    3. Keep up on daily and weekly tasks to do things like get your legendary upgraded

    It's not the same and the distinction is obvious on its face.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Blizzaga View Post
    The problem is that ninespines is an nototious bootlicker for FF14. Nothing you say will make him admit he is wrong, and that FF14 is exactly the same as wow. Despite, you know, the creator of the game even admitting it is. Every single one of his perceived "issues" with wow are also present in FF14, b--bb-but its different because....it just is okay?

    Hell, Square enix is even copying the abusing of employees, but no one apparantly gives a fuck about that, its only bad whne blizz does it i suppose
    Square is a publisher not a studio. Creative Business Unit 3 is the studio. Are there allegations of misconduct at Creative Business Unit 3?

    Tell me more about how everyone in FF14 has to use addons all the time.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

  16. #236
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    FF14 to do list for savage:
    1. Get gil or gear up in a couple of weeks manually

    WoW to do list for raiding:
    1. Clear the lower difficulties for upgrades
    2. Do M+ for upgrades.
    3. Keep up on daily and weekly tasks to do things like get your legendary upgraded

    It's not the same and the distinction is obvious on its face.
    Well, that's a bit dishonest, you just mashed all the XIV activities into one line and tried to break out the WoW ones so it looked like a lot more.

    WoW does have a steeper gearing curve, like I said before, but it's not insane. You don't need to be out there doing dailies constantly, you don't need to be hitting every raid difficulty, you don't need to be farming M+ constantly. Especially not in the latest patch, where a lot of things are pretty free just for doing the ZM story.

  17. #237
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Cow View Post
    Well, that's a bit dishonest, you just mashed all the XIV activities into one line and tried to break out the WoW ones so it looked like a lot more.

    WoW does have a steeper gearing curve, like I said before, but it's not insane. You don't need to be out there doing dailies constantly, you don't need to be hitting every raid difficulty, you don't need to be farming M+ constantly. Especially not in the latest patch, where a lot of things are pretty free just for doing the ZM story.
    It's one line because it's an OR. The activities for WoW are an AND. The normal expectation for a raider is going to be to do the lower difficulty than they progress on, and to do M+, and to keep up with chores (which they have lessened dramatically since shadowlands launched and appear to be going away in Dragonflight).
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

  18. #238
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    Nobody said anything about things being "mathematically impossible" except you. I don't care what the best 100 people in the world do. It is meaningless. I care how it impacts the average person who does the content. If the average person who regularly does the content cannot complete it without X gear level, then that is the gear wall.
    Let's just say this: I was an average, at best, mythic raider. World 300-500 for most of the last decade. I peaked at U.S. 8 in Cataclysm, which came out in fucking 2010, and that's because most of the top guilds were banned for abusing LFR, which had just come out, for trinket stacking etc.

    I can count on one hand the number of mythic bosses where I've hit enrage while everyone does mechanics perfectly. It's never happened on heroic. I think the curve is pretty good in WoW that you have more than enough gear from just normal playing of the game for your skill level such that you can kill it when you get to it. There is no effective gear wall - there's only a skill wall.

    Also, those "top 100" mirror the top statics which clear Ultimate. WoW has a much higher, exponential curve of "# of guilds who clear X boss" because the gear nerfs the content, but the beginning of the curves look exactly the same among the top groups. I totally agree with the idea that Ultimate holds its difficulty well past that of mythic in WoW, because it's only "nerfed" in later expansions when the ilvl you're synced to raises to something higher than when it came out. In terms of "endgame hard raiding" WoW is much *better* to the "average" raider. Even scrub guilds can kill 3 or so mythic bosses by the end of the tier.

  19. #239
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    It's one line because it's an OR. The activities for WoW are an AND. The normal expectation for a raider is going to be to do the lower difficulty than they progress on, and to do M+, and to keep up with chores (which they have lessened dramatically since shadowlands launched and appear to be going away in Dragonflight).
    Dude... you are already being dishonest by leaving out the time it requires to get to max level in FFXIV.
    All the time it takes to get to that point is the time you need to invest into torghast or dungeons to be raid-ready as a "first time player".
    After you have done it once for an expansion, you are also done with that kind of content. I haven't touched those in 9.1 or 9.2.
    I didn't even get any real boosts from heroic raiding in 9.1 and we still did curve way, way ahead of schedule. And Heroic is basicaly the savage difficulty. Meant to be outgeared easily (just like savage) meant to be beaten with bad gear (just like savage)


    And I still think you don't grasp the concept of weekly rewards and that it means you have absolutely *nothing* to gain from playing 24/7 in WoW.
    WoW is a game you play for a few hours a week and log out.
    All the things you mentioned are done in a single fucking day, maybe 2 at most.

    And what do you think farming gil and doing daily dungeons is? It's the same-fucking-thing. Lol.
    Again, you don't just have Gil. I don't spend my Gil on *anything* and I only farm dungeons when I need at the start of an expansion. I have no Gil income, if I want gil, I have to play hours upon hours upon hours, or do the normal raid every week, or the alliance raid every week.
    But yes, I can get gear from dungeons, but I have to do them like 50 times to gear up completely (for Savage) or do hunt-trains.
    I can also run 50 Mythic + dungeons and I'm completely geared as well. Mythic quality. Don't even have to touch the raids.

    I'm going to point out more clearly what you said earlier, maybe you didn't even mean it:
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    It really depends what you are doing in each game, but generally speaking WoW is constructed to be the only video game you play and F14 is not. There are a lot of predatory hooks in WoW.
    It's so flipping not, lol.
    It's constructed exactly the opposite, it's trying to get you *back* into it every week (just like FFXIV as well actually) so that you keep paying subs. But it doesn't require me to do hours upon hours to do anything in this game. You don't fall behind a player that does 400 mythic+ runs in any meaningful way, if you just do 1-4.
    As mentioned earlier, the *only* time where you need to do some gearing up is when you want to play Mythic raids early. But that's the case with Savage raids in FFXIV as well, and even if it were not, it's Mythic raiding. Content barely anyone does designed for the people that *want* WoW to be the main game.
    If you buy the gear asap, it will cost you *millions* to buy them in the AH. I never even had that amount of money in FFXIV all the from 2.0 to now. Or you chain run dungeons on a daily basis for weeks. (chain run as in. don't miss days because you have a cap that you have to maintain)
    Either way, you have to invest a lot of time compared to the time you have to invest if you wait a few weeks

    You don't farm rares in WoW to get the new legendary not-belt-recipe. You do the weekly and world quest which take like 20 minutes a week, because they are like worth 20 hours of actual *gametime* (or more) in terms of reputation (which is what you need for it) and so on and so forth.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2022-06-24 at 06:23 PM.

  20. #240
    See

    The problem is that ninespines is an nototious bootlicker for FF14. Nothing you say will make him admit he is wrong, and that FF14 is exactly the same as wow.
    The guy is an incredibly disingenuous and intellectually dishonest bootlicker.

    Things to do in FF14:
    Get gold or farm lower difficulty content for gear
    farm a thousand rocks to get your gathering gear
    craft the same item a thousand times to get your crafting gear (and do it again for every crafting job)
    level up your crafting so you can materia meld your gear

    Things to do in wow:
    farm gold or lower difficulty content for gear

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •