Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cayde69 View Post
    I don’t actually believe they would skip cata to go to mop, I just said “if anything” to highlight that that scenario would happen before cata because at the very least mop has a sizeable audience and has at least held a minor amount of players on dedicated servers for at least a short period of time.

I think it ends with wrath and then they will either attempt some more SoM nonsense, make seasons, or attempt something different.

I mentioned more than just people talking on forums but that’s cute that this is all you took from it.
    FWIW, if that's what you had said to begin with I'd have been a lot more likely to agree with you. Instead you went on this weird self-aggrandizing multi-post rant about how stupid I was for disagreeing with your headcanon.

The fact is that nobody knows where Blizzard goes with Classic post-WotLK, be it Cata or something else. To me, it seems pretty arrogant to outright dismiss the possibility we get traditional progression realms with the next logical expansion (regardless of your "sources"). I'd say of the three versions of Classic we have, it seems most likely that WotLK is the one players will collectively decide to fuck off forever on... a SoM-variant for WotLK would likely be pretty popular. But I still believe that there will be a significant portion of the population who will be interested in something like Cata. We'll likely get polls or something to that effect mid-WotLK to help the devs figure out where they go next.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    FWIW, if that's what you had said to begin with I'd have been a lot more likely to agree with you. Instead you went on this weird self-aggrandizing multi-post rant about how stupid I was for disagreeing with your headcanon.

The fact is that nobody knows where Blizzard goes with Classic post-WotLK, be it Cata or something else. To me, it seems pretty arrogant to outright dismiss the possibility we get traditional progression realms with the next logical expansion (regardless of your "sources"). I'd say of the three versions of Classic we have, it seems most likely that WotLK is the one players will collectively decide to fuck off forever on... a SoM-variant for WotLK would likely be pretty popular. But I still believe that there will be a significant portion of the population who will be interested in something like Cata. We'll likely get polls or something to that effect mid-WotLK to help the devs figure out where they go next.
    Again with the strawmen. I didn’t say you were stupid for disagreeing with me, I said your counter point of “blizzard released classic only servers after tbc that failed so why wouldn’t they release cata servers if they are at risk to fail” was silly and made no sense.

You have since done nothing but ask for data (something that very clearly nonexistent you’re just trying to ‘win’ an argument) and are in full debate defensive mode and you’re arguing with me without actually saying anything at all.

Yeah no shit we can’t read the future but if we put our big boy pants on and read the room a little bit we can come up with some pretty logical scenarios.

Let’s do this for a bit. Blizzard is making a ton of money off of Diablo immortal. People hate the pay to win aspect of it. Just because we can’t read the future doesn’t mean saying something like “blizzard will not remove the pay to win aspects from Diablo immortal” isnt a valid thing to say.

You’re just arguing to argue at this point. Anyone with an ounce of knowledge on the classic community knows that cata is just simply not going to happen. That was the entire point I made, you made a counter point that made no sense, I called out how it made no sense, and it clearly upset you.

Again with the strawmen. I didn’t say you were stupid for disagreeing with me, I said your counter point of “blizzard released classic only servers after tbc that failed so why wouldn’t they release cata servers if they are at risk to fail” was silly and made no sense.
    My argument wasn't Classic Era failed so Blizzard must make Cata even if it means risking failure. I mentioned Classic Era realms to illustrate that Blizzard is fully open to take risks and try new things with the Classic audience. I know this is impossible for you to compute but there will be players who will ask for Cata after WotLK. It makes sense that Blizzard will try to appease them. They'll also likely look to appease the innumerable, "WotLK is best WoW and I want to play it forever," crowd that will invariably form as a direct opposition to the former group within the same community.

You have since done nothing but ask for data (something that very clearly nonexistent you’re just trying to ‘win’ an argument) and are in full debate defensive mode and you’re arguing with me without actually saying anything at all.
    Yeah, imagine asking for data to support a position that you cannot possibly defend without any.

I digress.

...I'm not trying to "win" anything. I just fucking agreed with you my guy.

(Side note: I'd rather not argue with you at all. You subscribe to a certain blend of argumentation that is extremely popular on 4chan and extreme right-wing discussion communities which favors feelings over any type of logical, evidence based deduction. It's annoying.)

My biggest issue with the way you're presenting your arguments is the full certainty you speak of things you cannot possibly know. You know, like this:

Anyone with an ounce of knowledge on the classic community knows that cata is just simply not going to happen
    Last edited by Relapses; 2022-06-20 at 10:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    My argument wasn't Classic Era failed so Blizzard must make Cata even if it means risking failure. I mentioned Classic Era realms to illustrate that Blizzard is fully open to take risks and try new things with the Classic audience. I know this is impossible for you to compute but there will be players who will ask for Cata after WotLK. It makes sense that Blizzard will try to appease them. They'll also likely look to appease the innumerable, "WotLK is best WoW and I want to play it forever," crowd that will invariably form as a direct opposition to the former group within the same community.
    And I’ll repeat to you once again that this is a stupid thing to say because classic era realms held 0 risk. None. Zilp. Nada. Cero. Comprende?

And I never said NO ONE will ask for cata.

Some people like to have their dicks smashed with hammers too but I’ll still be pretty comfortable with saying that selling dick smashing hammers probably isn’t a wise choice financially.

Cata has proven to have not been an expansion in high demand for awhile now. It still hasn’t changed. And it won’t be in classic. Mark my words.

The funny thing is I feel like you know this. I feel like you agree with what I’m saying and you know this is true. You’re just arguing to argue and you got upset when I called out sometbing you said so now you are dying on this very silly hill of cata having a chance when we both know it doesn’t.

Yeah, imagine asking for data to support a position that you cannot possibly defend without any.

I digress.
    Pretty funny considering I’m doing a pretty great job at it right now lol. And I don’t even need to. Anyone with an ounce of knowledge knows this already.

Side note: I'd rather not argue with you at all. You subscribe to a certain blend of argumentation that is extremely popular on 4chan and extreme right-wing discussion communities which favors feelings over any type of logical, evidence based deduction.)
    Fucking….. what? Are you off meds or something?

My biggest issue with the way you're presenting your arguments is the full certainty you speak of things you cannot possibly know. You know, like this:
    I have a question for you. What if someone made a thread right now and said “Blizzard needs to give everyone back their money who spent it on Diablo immortal” and someone commented “that’s never going to happen”. How fucking dumb do you think it would be to say “ My biggest issue with the way you're presenting your arguments is the full certainty you speak of things you cannot possibly know.” to the guy who said it’s never going to happen?

Be honest with yourself. You're insulting your own intelligence by even attempting to play this devils advocate
    Last edited by Cayde69; 2022-06-20 at 10:34 PM.

Why is everyone talking about Cata classic and not the OP?

All the bickering aside

Classic+ is a great idea and Blizzard should carefully consider it.

There is a huge pool of Classic players who won't replay Cataclysm.
    They also won't sit on dead Classic 'era' realms either.
    These players will unsub to play on private servers, or play other games.

I think doing another Cata would be good, but I for sure would hope that alot of things would change. The first four raids ( BWD/BoT/Firelands/Throne of the Four Winds) imho were very good and can for sure be re-used. I'd just like to see a different approach with Cata and really push into Classic plus. Granted the issue with that is MoP is very well liked and I think alot of people would sour on Classic + if it meant MoP got pushed back or touched in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Yes, let's put development resources behind an old, superseded iteration of the game instead of developing new improvements for the current and ongoing one.

Let's do that.

Let's just set money on fire.
    its not setting money on fire if people are paying for it, running a second product for a different audience who ceased to enjoy the first is something businesses do a lot.
    thinly veiled high elf thread

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Yes, let's put development resources behind an old, superseded iteration of the game instead of developing new improvements for the current and ongoing one.

Let's do that.

Let's just set money on fire.
    Yes, let’s continue to pump money into modern wow that is bleeding subs daily, and it’s last breath of life is hanging on the hinges of an expansion in December that already has a preorder in June. Yes let’s invest into that.
    Last edited by Groundwalker; 2022-06-25 at 07:31 PM. Reason: Punctuation

No thanks! I hope we get Cataclysm Classic instead! My favorite xpac!