Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    1. Don't stick to some arbitrary rules for no reason.
    2. Use and expand ideas that work.
    3. Develop and experiment with new ideas but don't stick to them if they don't work.

Quote Originally Posted by ceall View Post
    Implement MORE incentives/necessities to form groups and interact with each other.
    Emphasize more on the second M in MMO: MULTIPLAYER

Make all outdoor content (except for leveling for obvious reasons) completely optional.

Don't implement any borrowed power system mid-expansion. Gearing up is enough post-leveling progression.

Remove tyrannical and fortified from m+.
    What if borrowed power was in the form of external perks. Say covenant dungeon ability esque but as a more total group power creep as an expansion / player reputation progresses they can contribute more.

Quote Originally Posted by Athorha View Post
    For a spaceship I think Oribos was done quite well. If anything it shows how little there actually is to do in a city, judged by the fact that every essential npc can fit on one platform, the flight paths could have been situated on the outer ring of the main platform. Spreading the npcs around a city like zuldazar or shattrath got old much quicker for me.
    It would have been more interesting had Oribos not been so absolutely symmetrical that I -still- get my bearings lost when I take one of those teleporters.

Rule 4: Never make content, that requires 3rd party sites

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmatrix View Post
    1. Last time I chaecked you could mount up in 90% of Oribos.
    You can't mount in 3 out of 4 covenant sanctums though

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by neescher View Post
    You can't mount in 3 out of 4 covenant sanctums though
    Yeah they were inside buildings but the walk outside was short, even Sinfall had a flightpoint close by.

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Rule 3: Never make bag-bloating currencies

What is purpose of this change? To turn bag slots into meaningful resource? They will never be meaningful resource again. As we have lots of cheap bags. From WOD Garrisons for example.
    Agree. All currencies should go on currency tab.

Main things for me would be:

Better campaign skipping for alts, if resources are needed to level a campaign feature then they should keep scaling up as you get through an expansion. Catching up in Legion for example was quite easy since the campaigns were not so long and the resources needing to upgrade the weapon did not require loads of farming at the end of the expansion. Anima is quite bad for this in Shadowlands, huge amounts needed, barely any available and it never scaled up properly.

No quests that "require" more than 1 player, I am talking about ones where you need multiple people to channel something to activate it, not the ones with a hard to kill target that get easier with gear.

Less profession items, the amount of unique items needed to produce stuff has got out of hand and we no longer get bigger bags each expansion.

Only add new currencies if they are actually going to be relevant.

Necrolord sanctum is a pain to walk through though, and necros don't even have a movement covenant ability like NF... if you're a slow class like DK or priest, you're just having a bad time

Quote Originally Posted by Steelangel View Post
    It would have been more interesting had Oribos not been so absolutely symmetrical that I -still- get my bearings lost when I take one of those teleporters.
    I cannot recall if you see souls descending into the maw from the lower platform, I find the white slipstream to be disorienting. That you mention symmetry I must say I like dalaran more than stormwind or orgrimmar.

Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post
    Why?

/10chars
    Going from MoP and the shrines: Very limited space. Take Dalaran for example. Largely outdoors. Didn't have as much of an issue going from one place to another. Then the shrines were crowded and cramped. Couldn't mount up and could hardly do anything in the shrine itself. Had to just go to Org or SW to do most things easily. A transmog vendor in a small, cramped hall isn't fun.

A giant rule I would say is to stop with the borrowed power grind fest systems. They are boring and make changing specs or classes harder and more unfeasible. With tier sets, you could get an offspec set while killing farm bosses. In Wrath, you could even buy 1 or 2 pieces to help with badges. Could actually change your spec far more easily then grinding up more AP for an offspec weapon (while sacrificing what you got from your main spec weapon).
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Rule 4: Never make content, that requires 3rd party sites
    Today on blaming the devs on community demands.....

Rule 3: Never make bag-bloating currencies

What is purpose of this change? To turn bag slots into meaningful resource? They will never be meaningful resource again. As we have lots of cheap bags. From WOD Garrisons for example.
    While I agree with the first part, currencies should just be a tab. Based on posts I've seen around here, a lot of people are really hurting for bag space. Personally I always have 40-80 free slots.

7+ Year Old Account
    i fucken hate not being able to mount up inside necrolord hideout doesnt even want to fly just mount up

Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    I agree Oribos kinda sucked, I want cities, not a weird lobby.
    Oribos is far and away the worst expansion hub, INCLUDING expansions that didn't even have a hub. It's terrible, has zero charm, and to top it off you have to fake portal to the expansion zones.

0/10, just pure awful.

Do the exact opposite of Oribos and you're off to a good start.

Don't overdo the "power for gold" thing when it's mandatory, especially in the context of their profession rework.

Don't stack systems, don't add nonsensical layers of randomness, don't frustrate genuine choices, don't offer fake choices, don't forget to offer people solo gearing routes so that they aren't entirely dependant on others for improvement.

Do: Make all gearing routes comparable, don't force raiders into pvp into mythics into solo; do offer genuine choice.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    No making a new race that can't show most armor. Why raid if I can't see the gear rewards?

Rule 5: Never use duplicate rewards. It's just so terrible to see 50% rewards being duplicates instead of upgrades.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Quote Originally Posted by Chain Chungus View Post
    No making a new race that can't show most armor. Why raid if I can't see the gear rewards?
    Open your character window

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    Today on blaming the devs on community demands.....
    the need for 3rd party is 100% a failure of the devs

they improved over the years for sure,but its just a drop in the ocean

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chain Chungus View Post
    druid was always in the top most popular classes,and for most of its life you couldnt see gear in any spec lol