Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    In light of the TX GOP shitshow (they're even explicitly opposed to the Voting Rights Act because...of course they are) - https://twitter.com/AdamKinzinger/st...20882338353153

Here's Republican Adam Kinzinger, reminding everyone of that time six years ago that Lindsey Graham warned that nominating Trump would destroy the Republican party...and that they will deserve it.

I can only hope they speed things up with destroying their party and fracturing into a series of politically irrelevant flavors of extreme right wing nonsense.

I never thought the leopards would eat MY face!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's a direct quote:

We reject the certified results of the 2020 presidential election, and we hold that acting President Joseph Robinette Biden Jr. was not legitimately elected by the people of the United States
    Yes, they said that at the same meeting as they were constructing their platform calling homosexuality "abnormal".

Homosexuality is an abnormal lifestyle choice
    I guess, as this is the Texas Republican Party's platform we're talking about here, here it is on their official site, the Biden thing page 40, I think we have every right to assume every Texas Republican (on this site or otherwise) therefore believes that
    (a) Biden cheated and did not win the election, and
    (b) homosexuality is abnormal
    unless they specifically and directly say otherwise.

I mean, what choice do we have? This is the Texas Republican Party platform. Anyone who is a Texas Republican, therefore, signs up for this specifically -- again, unless they say something to the contrary. We can, and should, call them out for their newly and publicly professed opinions on the subject, until they publicly announce their dissent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Here's a direct quote:

Yes, they said that at the same meeting as they were constructing their platform calling homosexuality "abnormal".
    Cool.

Charge every single fucker with seditious conspiracy. That kind of statement can only exist as a prelude to trying to overthrow that government.

"But the Republicans will claim it's partisan!" you say.

They're the ones putting party before honesty, decency, and country. Enforcing the basic law of the land is not "partisan" to anyone that's not a traitorous piece of shit.

Literally every single Republican member who put pen to paper to sign off on that statement. I don't care if it's the entire State elected government of Texas. Fuck 'em. They can bitch about it from a cell while rationing their toilet paper.
    Last edited by Endus; 2022-06-20 at 04:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Joseph Robinette Biden Jr.
    I will never get tired of how weirdly oldschool his middle name is. I'm sure it's significant for a family member or something, but it's just not the kind of name you hear anywhere anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    If our idiots somehow manage to secede, I hope Mexico invades and conquers us. Would be hilarious.

Also, the entire Texas GOP platform is nuts. They have lost the plot. There's a section on wanting to revoke the Civil Rights Voting Act even.

May the people in charge of this find toasters in their bathtubs.

I wonder what US politics would look like if one of the two major parties didn't run exclusively on a platform of lies, bigotry, and conspiracy theories... Kinda sucks having no options when voting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    If our idiots somehow manage to secede, I hope Mexico invades and conquers us. Would be hilarious.

Also, the entire Texas GOP platform is nuts. They have lost the plot. There's a section on wanting to revoke the Civil Rights Voting Act even.

Your idiots literally can't secede. They fought a war about that and lost. Making that plea in 2022 is like a sovereign citizen telling an officer he can't be arrested. Just taze the stupid moron already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I will never get tired of how weirdly oldschool his middle name is. I'm sure it's significant for a family member or something, but it's just not the kind of name you hear anywhere anymore.

As for the significance, it's apparently his grandmother's maiden name.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Your idiots literally can't secede. They fought a war about that and lost. Making that plea in 2022 is like a sovereign citizen telling an officer he can't be arrested. Just taze the stupid moron already.
    oh yeha I know, and if we tried the President has every right to use force again. Maybe with Mexican help ebcause Abbot has pissed them off!

Also, would ensure Repubs could never win the Presidency ever again, given Texas has 38 electoral votes.

Wow, I am surprised Texas beat Florida to the punch. In a race to the bottom of the barrel I expected more from Florida.
    "The customer is always right" is a nice way of saying "I will put up with your bullshit as long as you pay me"

Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    Wow, I am surprised Texas beat Florida to the punch. In a race to the bottom of the barrel I expected more from Florida.
    Florida talks shit but still sucks that big government cock for money.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    "I'm gonna vote for the people who want to destroy my rights and treat me like a second hand citizen because goddammit I love low taxes"
    Which, of course, ultimately hurt the person voting.

The GQP is a plight on America.

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    Florida talks shit but still sucks that big government cock for money.
    I actually did the math on Florida before COVID hit and the economy was booming, it took in a little over $3,200 per year per Floridian in welfare from other states paying for their state so they didn’t have to.

If you live in Florida, you are a welfare queen even if you don’t see a dime of it yourself.

Also why there is no way the nation could survive with DeSantis and the GOP were in power long term. A nation can survive with a few states mooching off it, a nation can’t survive when the whole thing has turned into a mooch with nothing to mooch from.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post

Considering you'd have no military yeah youd be invaded quick. No money for roads bridges medicaid, won't happen but damn GoP really are stupid Fucks who just want to chop their legs off to own the libs.

Here's the thing.

Conservatism is a mental illness. Some people will literally vote themselves into a death camp because their mental faculties have completely abandoned them and they no longer grasp reality.

Because this whole "I'm gay, but if I punch down on the transes the nazis will accept me!" is how you vote yourself out of existence. Like fucking listen to what they are saying, they are telling you. Believe them for fuck sake.

But whatever. Your average American voter is so amazeballs retarded that he will vote himself into an early grave, cuz reasons. And god forbid you dare point out that he's being an idiot, he'll just double and triple down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    Here's the thing.

Conservatism is a mental illness. Some people will literally vote themselves into a death camp because their mental faculties have completely abandoned them and they no longer grasp reality.

Because this whole "I'm gay, but if I punch down on the transes the nazis will accept me!" is how you vote yourself out of existence. Like fucking listen to what they are saying, they are telling you. Believe them for fuck sake.

But whatever. Your average American voter is so amazeballs retarded that he will vote himself into an early grave, cuz reasons. And god forbid you dare point out that he's being an idiot, he'll just double and triple down.
    Again with the mental illness canard? It's bad when people use it to avoid blaming mass shooters for their choices, it isn't "better" here.

They're not sick. Health care wouldn't help this. The problem is that conservative voters are bigots and bullies. They want to hurt innocent people for bullshit reasons, mostly just because they enjoy inflicting pain on them. Yes, it's fucking stupid because fascism is a never-ending cycle of victimization and once you've purged one set of "undesirables", they inevitably identify a new scapegoat from within their remaining ranks and keep on victimizing; eventually, the conservatives voters are either on the block, or the whole system crashes down around their ears.

If we're not talking American conservativism, you can make some less critical arguments, but even those views are mostly defined around fearmongering and support for past evils, the whole "yeah, it was bad then, but that doesn't mean we need to make changes now" kind of bullshit.

But it's not that they're sick. They're just mean. They're bad people. It's really not much more complicated than that. That's not a health issue, it's a morality issue. They are immoral, bad people.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    The problem is that conservative voters are bigots and bullies..
    You mean psychopaths and sociopaths? Because that's what they are, and last I checked both of those are pathologies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    You mean psychopaths and sociopaths? Because that's what they are, and last I checked both of those are pathologies.
    They aren't either, for the most part. The highest estimates put it at something like 15% of the population suffering from the combination of the two. Sure, there's gonna be a few in the mix; there are on Wall Street, too. But it's not diagnostically significant in distinguishing the population. If it were, you'd see them relatively evenly distributed, when we see pretty broad divergences regionally.

It's not illness. Being a bad person is not a "mental illness". And most of them don't have this excuse for their behaviour.

I feel like you're engaging in hyperbole to condemn these people more strongly, but if they have a condition like this, it's not their fault, to at least some extent. Don't give them the excuse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Moran's statements almost sound like a black or brown person asking why they're not invited to a Klan rally.

Get a clue dude; They hate you. They've always hated you.