Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    This shit takes "saying the quiet part" to a whole new level.

I mean, is there even any hidden/quiet parts left. At this point they're practically screaming the bigotry from hilltops.
    Here is something to believe in!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dark One View Post
    This shit takes "saying the quiet part" to a whole new level.

I mean, is there even any hidden/quiet parts left. At this point they're practically screaming the bigotry from hilltops.
    Don't be surprised if they start announcing that "interracial marriage is a defilement of the white race." By which, of course, they mean "the white women are for white men only;" they don't care about white men going around banging all of the *insert minority here* that they want.

And in case any of you are playing along at home... yeah, this is what an evangelical-conservative supreme court will get you. Even if they don't overrule on the "legality of federally enforced gay marriage," things like them planning to overturn roe v. wade have emboldened these zealots into speaking their minds much more clearly, just like Trump did.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    The log cabin Republicans are just a bunch of rich gay people whose greed has overcome their humanity. They are willing to sacrifice their own rights and encourage violence against their own just to get tax breaks.

They are loathsome and horrible people and are whatever the gay equivalent is of a race traitor.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    The log cabin Republicans are just a bunch of rich gay people whose greed has overcome their humanity. They are willing to sacrifice their own rights and encourage violence against their own just to get tax breaks.

They are loathsome and horrible people and are whatever the gay equivalent is of a race traitor.
    That's just it. They personally won't be affected much because they are rich.
    "We are very concerned about this statement, but we'll continue to vote Republican because we got 50% off lubricant in exchange for getting back in the closet."
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

I’m confused. I have a middle name and two surnames, he has a surname as a middle name that’s a surname, but only one actual surname?

That would be like.. Gloria Escaño Díaz but instead of Escaño Díaz being her apellidos, Escaño is her middle name and Díaz her sole surname…that a doesn’t make a lot of sense.
    Last edited by Themius; 2022-06-21 at 02:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    That's just it. They personally won't be affected much because they are rich.
    I suppose some of that is true. After all you can pay a lawyer to draft up legal documents that would give you the legal protections of marriage.

And money can give you the option to find alternate vendors when the cheapest or most convenient refuse service.

However money won't protect you against the violence and hate crimes the current GOP is stoking against the LGBT community.

I found them confusing 20 years ago. But given the GOP's absolute full on hatred of gays I now find them unacceptable for supporting that.
    Forum badass alert:

10+ Year Old Account
    And big surprise, Trump praises Texas for saying Trump is nice and bigly and yuge.

Oddly enough, Trump called out Texas' research and study, which proved Biden didn't win. This is news to...well, probably everyone. The statement we're talikng about -- the one that also calls homosexuality abnormal and is even harsher on transgender, I wonder if Musk knows about that -- doesn't seem to mention much about research or study. Again, nothing was made public which also stood up in court.

Does anyone know what research and study Texas did that Trump is talking about? I think we need some Trump supporters to help us look. Surely it exists, and I just haven't seen it? I hereby invite literally everyone on these forums to find and link the research and study that Texas has done, that proves Biden didn't win the election. Bear in mind I did use the word "prove" so do be careful before posting. After all, if Texas really does have proof, they should be making a much bigger deal about it than a couple of lines in something that they all voted for. Just because the Texas GOP says there was fraud, doesn't mean there was fraud.

So again, "research and study" that proves Biden lost. What do you think, how long should I give literally everyone to find the "research and study" Texas has done? A day? A week? A month?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    I suppose some of that is true. After all you can pay a lawyer to draft up legal documents that would give you the legal protections of marriage.

And money can give you the option to find alternate vendors when the cheapest or most convenient refuse service.

However money won't protect you against the violence and hate crimes the current GOP is stoking against the LGBT community.

I found them confusing 20 years ago. But given the GOP's absolute full on hatred of gays I now find them unacceptable for supporting that.
    Money will protect you. It's not just having money, it's the side effects of having money.
    How often will a rich person willingly come close to the MAGAt crowd? They probably live in an area where the police have a much faster response time than north side of Trenton, if not having security or secure communities. Their job probably have security on site as opposed to worrying about being jumped at McD's.

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    Money will protect you. It's not just having money, it's the side effects of having money.
    How often will a rich person willingly come close to the MAGAt crowd? They probably live in an area where the police have a much faster response time than north side of Trenton, if not having security or secure communities. Their job probably have security on site as opposed to worrying about being jumped at McD's.
    The problem with LGBT violence is it often comes to the gays and is random. So unless your premise is that rich gays never go to gay events, or gay bars, or gay neighborhoods then no, money can't shelter you entirely.

I think at the end of the day we are in agreement on the premise - money can solve a lot of the issues caused by bigotry and discrimination. I think maybe we just differ on whether that sheltering is incremental or absolute.

But most importantly we can agree they are awful soulless ghouls pretending to be human.
    Forum badass alert:

https://www.lgbtqnation.com/2022/06/...r-jews-hitler/

Are LGBTQ Republicans similar to Jews for Hitler?
    Fairly provocative headline. And while I hear, "But that's just radical hyperbole!" ready to be shouted from the rafters, I'll just drop this casual reminder -

https://www.advocate.com/news/2022/6...e-be-shot-head

In his sermon entitled, Why We Won’t Shut Up, Dillon Awes of the Stedfast Baptist Church in Hurst said gay men were predatory pedophiles who have either committed sex crimes against a child or just haven’t had the opportunity to do so yet, leading him to the conclusion that “We need to put these people to death through the proper channels of the government.”

Awes claimed the Bible’s solution to what he called the “sodomite deception” is queer people “should be lined up against the wall and shot in the back of the head.”
    Many of these conservatives quite literally want to murder LGBTQ+ folks for being LGBTQ+.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    "Are LGBTQ Republicans similar to Jews for Hitler?"
    The parallel surely springtimes to mind, doesn't it?

To be fair, I get the idea of a voter who wants lower taxes, smaller government, is pro-life and pro-weapon-of-war and also just happens to be homosexual. So take out the GOP's apparent stance, as shown in Texas for example, that homosexuality is immoral and should be illegal. Yes, Texas said that 24 hours ago. But take that out, and there's no problem.

The problem, of course, is that you can no longer remove that load-bearing pillar from the Party of Trump platform.

So the LoG caBin repuTliQans have two choices, both bad.

1) Continue to support a party that wants to eradicate them, and enjoy welfare being ground out from deep within the closet, or
    2) Find a third-party candidate who doesn't view being born homosexual as a curse from God so strong, that they have to church-and-state it out of existence.

It's not 100% the same as saying "Come on, let's schlep onto this train!" but it's the next track over.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    So the LoG caBin repuTliQans have two choices, both bad.

1) Continue to support a party that wants to eradicate them, and enjoy welfare being ground out from deep within the closet, or
    2) Find a third-party candidate who doesn't view being born homosexual as a curse from God so strong, that they have to church-and-state it out of existence.
    3) Support a party that attacks other things you also hate, whilst amassing a fortune and then fuck off to New Zealand just before the pitchforks come for them. As nasty as the GOP are to LGBT, I’m pretty sure they still hate black people more.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Many of these conservatives quite literally want to murder LGBTQ+ folks for being LGBTQ+.
    Log Qabiners literally voting their own murder weapons into the hands of deranged psychopaths.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post

They are immoral, bad people.
    Well if what I'm told is true they are just fundamentally reactionary. I don't know if thats evil or not but we can't let it hold power because people who react makes mistakes.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Well if what I'm told is true they are just fundamentally reactionary. I don't know if thats evil or not but we can't let it hold power because people who react makes mistakes.
    Reactionary would be giving them more credit than they are due.

I know plenty who openly supported hurting and torturing people so long as they personally wasn’t doing it and pretending the weren’t the ones pushing for it.

I have family who calls “the other” that they disagree with evil as a way of explaining away their own double standards.

These are people who are backing evil while calling others evil to justify what they are doing and enjoy watching others suffer blaming them for it instead of their own policies and people and run from any fact they don’t like.

Got one family member calling homosexuality brain damaged and talked about how Biden might not be too bad since he is “For the White Man” and had a late uncle talking about how they shouldn’t have a minimum wage and if a single mom with 2 kids could only get a job for a quarter an hour than that was all she was worth and don’t she dare go on welfare and mooch off HIS money that he earned.

Remember these are people talking about hypothetical Democratic pedophiles while supporting actual Republican pedophiles.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    "We Failed"

Gay Republicans who have fought for acceptance within the Texas GOP over the past three decades told The Texas Tribune progress has been excruciatingly slow. Many of them have left the party, even as the number of Log Cabin Republicans in Texas continues to grow.

“I do not believe that we made any progress. In fact, I think the party got worse,” Carpenter, who is no longer involved in party politics, said of his time as the state’s Log Cabin president.

“​​It saddens me that in a state where our biggest issues are infrastructure, development and education, we have child poverty everywhere, school shootings that are happening, that we're so focused on issues trying to limit the access to opportunities for trans youth,” said Christopher Busby, a former Log Cabin member who left the party in 2016.

The Texas GOP declined to comment for this story and referred all questions to the party platform. The Tribune reached out to prominent Texas Republican leaders for comment on the state party’s latest anti-LGBTQ platform plank. Texas House Speaker Dade Phelan declined to comment. Abbott and Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick did not respond to repeated requests for comment.
    Yeah...I mean, I get the idea that someone who just happens to be a homosexual might still prefer smaller government and personal responsibility. But they should have felt the heat from the torches before their own party burned them at the stake. If if took them this long to figure out they'd signed up with people not just claiming that homosexuality was a mental defect, but also trying to strip their rights because of an unusually violent interpretation of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, then yes, they faile and they wasted their time.

And did a single one of them think Donald "held flag upside-down" Trump would help?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah...I mean, I get the idea that someone who just happens to be a homosexual might still prefer smaller government and personal responsibility. But they should have felt the heat from the torches before their own party burned them at the stake. If if took them this long to figure out they'd signed up with people not just claiming that homosexuality was a mental defect, but also trying to strip their rights because of an unusually violent interpretation of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, then yes, they faile and they wasted their time.

And did a single one of them think Donald "held flag upside-down" Trump would help?
    They're exactly like the few Jews who supposed the Nazi Party's rise to power, thinking they'd be given a pass for being "one of the good ones". And they were also at the front of the lines, being marched into gas chambers. They're the worst. They are not in any way victims, here, and they have been actively working against LGBT interests their whole political careers.

10+ Year Old Account
    "We Failed"

We never thought the homophobic leopards would eat our gay faces?

A wrinkled flag with "LGBT⁵ for TRUMP" hastily scrawled on in sharpie, no less...

It makes me wonder if the GOP has done the calculous on completely alienating black and/or hispanic voters at this point. Since that seems like the next logical step based on the extremist trajectory they're barreling down.

"We Failed"

Meh, yeah. I never take any "group" as a monolithic entity, yet I just don't see how I have to have lower taxes and the people I associate with don't think of me as an equal and should have the same rights. I could name pretty much every minority group in the US and how they are perceived on the Right of our political system.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!