Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
5
6
7
8
9
LastLast
  1. #121
    Quote Originally Posted by ResentfulUK View Post
    Then combine that with the fact this store has probably earned them a fortune, has that been reflected in the quality of the game?
    i mean the store exist since wrath, so what exactly would be reference point, burning crusade?

    but i think yes, it was reflected in the game, lets ignore SL (it was cut short for other reasons, not for the lack of funds, but if we got one more patch with reasonable pacing i wouldnt have issues with it), think about BFA, 8.2 was biggest patch ever, 8.3 had a lot of content, we obviously have far more endgame content than in lets say wrath, graphics and other technical aspects got better over years too, for the SAME SUB PRICE (which now includes classic and tbc and soon wrath classic), despite everything getting up in price...

    so yes, not all, but definitely some of the shop money went back into the game... and ofc not all, blizzard is a BUSINES, which have to have profit...

    you might argue people didnt like BFA (and now SL), and to extent you are ofc correct, but! more money doesnt mean content will be well received, just that there will be content, "quality" (as people see it, so not really quality ) is subjective and completely different issue...
    Last edited by Lolites; 2022-06-20 at 11:57 AM.

  2. #122
    I feel like people forget more and more that games are about playing and not "having". I get it, it's cool to have things in games, but it shouldn't be the one purpose. We get more and more crap to collect every year. Ppl just buy the stuff now, rather than play for it. There should be another word for this instead of "game". Fancy digital store, I don't know.

    I have almost 700 mounts. 1750ish pets. Titles, toys, xmogs. I have almost everything on the shop, so clearly I'm not anti shop. But guys, this is insane, do we really need more?

  3. #123
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinpachi View Post
    I have zero issue with paid tmogs. they add no advantage to the player in game. In fact, I'd rather see tmogs in the store than mounts, even though they're basically the same thing. People need to stop their fucking bitching all the fucking time. If Blizzard wants to sell something that others are voluntarily willing to buy, then it's nobody else's fucking business. Nobody is twisting their arm or holding a gun to their head.
    They add no advantage but they take all the cool stuff that should be in game and add it in the store. Just like they did in WOD where all the expansion theme mounts like fey dragon, grinning reaver, etc were added in the store and in game we got a ton of fcking recolored pigs.
    Last edited by Soimu; 2022-06-20 at 12:03 PM.

  4. #124
    Quote Originally Posted by Soimu View Post
    They add no advantage but they take all the cool stuff that should be in game and add it in the store.
    no they dont...
    if those items werent made for the shop they wouldnt be made AT ALL, they simply wouldnt exist, so its not "shop or ingame", its "shop or NOTHING"...
    think about BFA, for all faults it had it had some amazing mounts, crab, the mechanical mounts from mechagon, the serpents, frogs, elemental from jaina... all those despite the shop, and thats just from the top of my head...
    what cool mount we got on shop in bfa? the sylverian dragon maybe, i dont like that one personaly but its only one "cool" added at the time
    Last edited by Lolites; 2022-06-20 at 12:11 PM.

  5. #125
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    no they dont...
    if those items werent made for the shop they wouldnt be made AT ALL, they simply wouldnt exist, so its not "shop or ingame", its "shop or NOTHING"...
    think about BFA, for all faults it had it had some amazing mounts, crab, the mechanical mounts from mechagon, the serpents, frogs, elemental from jaina... all those despite the shop, and thats just from the top of my head...
    what cool mount we got on shop in bfa? the sylverian dragon maybe, i dont like that one personaly but its only one "cool" added at the time
    Fey Dragon, Grinning Reaver and some other mounts could have easily been added as rewards in the game because they already existed in the game as flight path mount but no they were added in the shop and we got a ton of reused mounts instead. Wake up people and stop defending this bullshit practice. It is the reason why now we have games like Diablo Immortal.

  6. #126
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Grats, you didn't even read the whole thing. I'm not afraid, nor worried about FOMO, nor should we expect companies to adhere to FOMO. I'm not going to act up because I miss a good deal in a shop either. Yes, I'm okay with seasonal planning, so what? If you bothered even READING MY COMMENT, then you would see that I am not talking about limited events, but the same damn 10 items once a damn year! READ DAMN IT! If you have FOMO problems, SEEK HELP. It is literally said in my signature if you bothered to read that far.
    Yeah, "Seek help", wink wink. Just admit you don't give a shit about predatory practices - or worse, it's okay when daddy Blizzard does it - and remove your signature entirely.

  7. #127
    Warchief Zoibert the Bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Basque Country, Spain
    Posts
    2,031
    What is it with corpo cock sucking lately?

    Dystopian levels of clownery.

  8. #128
    god please no, can you imagine opening of the floodgates of toxicity that would come without sub? jeez... all the forum morons and trolls that are here are nice "taste" of how it would look in any f2p model
    GW2 has no sub and the community is 1000 times better than WoW.
    I will tell you what is toxic. Being toxic is not liking Dark Rangers or Tinkers and militating for Blizzard to never deploy those classes because some ppls don't want to play them. Being toxic is campaigning for Blizzard to never put more detailed, prettier xmogs in the store because you don't want to buy them. That's pretty toxic. And let's talk about the lack of logic in this way of being: Blizzard can launch 50 more mounts in the store and no one would say anything... but blizzard can't launch any more xmogs because the kids were offended. lulzzzz....
    Last edited by Fantazma; 2022-06-20 at 01:07 PM.

  9. #129
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoibert the Bear View Post
    What is it with corpo cock sucking lately?

    Dystopian levels of clownery.
    It's an easy topic to troll in a community were calling people and idoit gets you removed. Its low effort bait.

  10. #130
    Quote Originally Posted by Soimu View Post
    Fey Dragon, Grinning Reaver and some other mounts could have easily been added as rewards in the game because they already existed in the game as flight path mount but no they were added in the shop and we got a ton of reused mounts instead. Wake up people and stop defending this bullshit practice. It is the reason why now we have games like Diablo Immortal.
    right, sure, the flying mount and FP "mount" surely are the same, no aditional details to the model, no other animation, no work at all required... not to mention its more likely the OTHER WAY AROUND - they had assets for shop mounts so they used it ingame...

    if you expect revenue you invest more funds, simple as that, investing into something that will not result in any revenue is sure way to drive your company to the ground sooner or later... yes, it would take a long time for big company as blizz, but they are not charity, their main goal is, and always was, same as for EVERY company, profit...
    this "bullshit practice" is called capitalism, look it up, its covered in elementary school education...

    btw mentioning diablo immortal in this conversation is about as much on point as mentioning Beckham in conversation about tour de france... shows your goal is not actual discusion, but rather hating on blizz... you dont need me for that you can do it on your own, and if not there are plenty likeminded trolls
    Last edited by Lolites; 2022-06-20 at 02:18 PM.

  11. #131
    Pandaren Monk Cloudmaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Celestial Planetarium
    Posts
    1,988
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    Well, if you want to walk around with "SUCKER" stamped on your forehead, let me tell you all about this great Diablo mobile game that came out for players JUST like you....
    I’m not sure what you mean?
    Last edited by Cloudmaker; 2022-06-20 at 03:25 PM.

  12. #132
    Warchief Zoibert the Bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Basque Country, Spain
    Posts
    2,031
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    Im not sure what you mean?
    It means that if you play Diablo Immortal chances are your IQ is too low, or wallet too full.

  13. #133
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantazma View Post
    It will be two years or more in Dragonflight with dragon-based xmogs (don't doubt it) and the store could be a good solution if someone wants to have an xmogs outside of the expansion theme.
    Just like the various mounts in the store.... only buy whoever you want.
    We'll see what happens there's a very very very good chance that the World of Warcraft subscription is going to be incorporated to game pass ultimate. Still have to buy the Box price of the newest expansion but you'll have access to wow's previous stuff with game pass ultimate.

    Microsoft isn't stupid and they want subscriptions so kindly forcing everybody into gamepass to play World of Warcraft is an ingenious move. I'm sure they might piss off a few people but it won't be enough to matter.
    Super Mario Maker 2: Maker ID 8B7-CTF-NMG

    - The subscription for WoW will be added to Gamepass Ultimate at no additional cost, mark my words.

  14. #134
    Pandaren Monk Cloudmaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Celestial Planetarium
    Posts
    1,988
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoibert the Bear View Post
    It means that if you play Diablo Immortal chances are your IQ is too low, or wallet too full.
    I don’t play Diablo and my IQ is rather high.
    Last edited by Cloudmaker; 2022-06-20 at 03:25 PM.

  15. #135
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    We'll see what happens there's a very very very good chance that the World of Warcraft subscription is going to be incorporated to game pass ultimate. Still have to buy the Box price of the newest expansion but you'll have access to wow's previous stuff with game pass ultimate.

    Microsoft isn't stupid and they want subscriptions so kindly forcing everybody into gamepass to play World of Warcraft is an ingenious move. I'm sure they might piss off a few people but it won't be enough to matter.
    Why would it? Is game pass more?

    I've gotten so many games via freebies off epic and humble bundle I've only recently found out how much a game goes for.

    In my mind the cap was still 40-50$ for triple A.

  16. #136
    Quote Originally Posted by Celement View Post
    Why would it? Is game pass more?

    I've gotten so many games via freebies off epic and humble bundle I've only recently found out how much a game goes for.

    In my mind the cap was still 40-50$ for triple A.
    Actually gamepass is less monthly than WoW so it will be their advertising hook, it sells itself at that point.
    Super Mario Maker 2: Maker ID 8B7-CTF-NMG

    - The subscription for WoW will be added to Gamepass Ultimate at no additional cost, mark my words.

  17. #137
    I don't think anyone has an issue with transmogs in the store...it's more that they're putting transmogs, mounts, and character boosts in a store with a 15/mo subscription when they can't even be bothered to follow a consistent update schedule. We pay monthly for a game on obvious life support.

    When or if WoW goes F2P, Blizzard, put all the transmog sets you want in the store. Until then, fuck off until you give us some actual gameplay content.
    If you reply to me with a full essay I'm probably not going to bother reading it, sorry.

  18. #138
    Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    We pay monthly for a game on obvious life support.
    lol... SL had fucked up pacing for sure, but 9.2 alone gave more content than some games get over their lifetime... hell despite having only 2 major patches SL got more patch content than wrath, which was the "peak" of the game... life support my ass...

    but there is easy solution if you dont think the content is enough for sub price - unsub

  19. #139
    People whinge about this. Then buy a horse armor for skyrim because Bethesda is so good. The irony is astounding.

  20. #140
    Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    People whinge about this. Then buy a horse armor for skyrim because Bethesda is so good. The irony is astounding.
    i was laughing as hell when the treatment of employee at blizz came out and people were fuming, talking about how they will leave wow and go play New World ...which is made by amazon...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •