Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Ever since they added the tokens I've been able to get all the shop stuff just from playing the game.
    Funny thing is all those shop mounts, pets and cosmetics tend to be cheaper than the in-game stuff or on par with it when it comes from rep vendors and stuff.
    333k gold for a BFA frog or two tokens turned bnet balance for any shop mount.
    The microtransaction/dlc train left the station a long time ago, I wouldn't count on it stopping any time soon if ever.

I have zero issue with paid tmogs. they add no advantage to the player in game. In fact, I'd rather see tmogs in the store than mounts, even though they're basically the same thing. People need to stop their fucking bitching all the fucking time. If Blizzard wants to sell something that others are voluntarily willing to buy, then it's nobody else's fucking business. Nobody is twisting their arm or holding a gun to their head.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantazma View Post
    A few years ago Blizzard launched those skull hoods (fire and ice) in the store and the repercussion of this was quite negative. Many players kicked anyone who entered the Raid using an xmog paid with real money. For them, a real offense.

Well, time has passed and the store is full of mounts that are obtainable for real money. (Weird logic. You can raid a shop mount but not shop xmogs...well...).
    And time passed even more and now we have two xmogs (pretty weird, I must say) in the store and this time we didn't have any "riots" because of it.

Using the same logic as the mounts in the store I ask: ... Why doesn't Blizzard fill the store with really cool xmogs (including some really full black for rogues plz) for people to buy?? I would pay (a similar price to mounts) for a really cool set that matches my main class.
    What is your opinion on this??

p.s: Forgive something wrong. English is not my first language.
    Fuck your idea and everything it stands for.
    You should be ashamed to ever have touched a keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Caprias View Post
    Okay look at it like this:
    If you can't find a transmog to your tastes in 15+ years of content in the game what are the chances one of those 20~ in the shop will be to your liking?

And also will it affect the amount of effort put into ingame sets? That shop transmog you buy might've been in the game in the first place otherwise.
    Yeah, its really strange to think "i dont like anything the art team has done in two decades - but im sure if i pay them more money, they will design some sets i do like!"

But my biggest concern isnt that, its the mindset of going STRAIGHT to "ill pay you for gear" instead of "i wish there was more gear in game that i could obtain playing the game".
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    It's mind blowing to me that with all the drama surrounding mtx in DI, people like you are still saying "please blizzard, let me give you more money - I REALLY want to give you more money". You are not saying "give me more ways to earn different xmogs in game" - no, you are straight up asking to give Blizzard more money for something that should and could just be in the game.

You are part of the problem.
    For some really selfish reason some people care how others enjoy themselves.
    If time is money... money is time. If there is a $20.00 (idk) xmogs in the store I would be giving Blizzard a few minutes of my time in exchange for the xmog. If the same xmog is only obtained by completing Mythic Raids for several weeks (often alongside toxic people) a guy like me knows how to do calculations and won't have time for it. And I don't want ilvl or set stats.. just the totally cosmetic skin.
    The problem is not me. The problem is people worrying about things that don't affect their lives. On Earth or Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Thats a SPICY MEATBALL!
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

You know what is another solution if you dont like the current expansions theme? The TWENTY YEARS of xmog that already exist in the game. This is the worst reasoning i have ever seen honestly.
    Realistically, there isnt 20 years of transmogs. The cutoff point for "stupidly outdated" keeps increasing as new content comes out. BC mogs look like they belong on the PS1 because... well, they do.

To me, and this is largely subjective, the current cutoff point is legion.

For some really selfish reason some people care how others enjoy themselves.
    If time is money... money is time. If there is a $20.00 (idk) xmogs in the store I would be giving Blizzard a few minutes of my time in exchange for the xmog. If the same xmog is only obtained by completing Mythic Raids for several weeks (often alongside toxic people) a guy like me knows how to do calculations and won't have time for it. And I don't want ilvl or set stats.. just the totally cosmetic skin.
    The problem is not me. The problem is people worrying about things that don't affect their lives. On Earth or Azeroth.
    If someone cares how others enjoy themselves, they are not selfish. The only selfish opinion here is yours - "i cant do mythic raids but want the cool looking gear - and screw anyone who cant afford it, i can and i want it"

Some of the most popular and desirable xmogs are from vanilla and tbc.

A few years ago? Try almost a decade ago at this point

Quote Originally Posted by Fluxoz View Post
    Realistically, there isnt 20 years of transmogs.
    This is your personal opinion on what you like and dont like. You not liking something doesnt mean it stops existing.

Bungie does this all day every day with Destiny 2. So, your next question should be, "After all these years, what exactly has been complained about concerning the Destiny 2 store?"

-Man I sure wish all this stuff was lootable in the game!
    -If Bungie only took more care about in-game loot as they do with the Store!
    -Why do the transmogs in the store always look better than what we will ever loot!

Now mind you, Bungie as stood firm on this route of business, so all this time folks spend the money for dressinty and they will continue to do so. They did give us a route to transmog, what we loot we can transmog BUT! it's the most horrid way of doing so ( consider yourselves lucky ).

Does it work, like what is being asked for? Sure it does and trust me folks will spend the money for it, no matter what your views are *shrug* do I like it? no buuut it's what we are handed and we deal with it...

Quote Originally Posted by Adcap6 View Post
    Bungie does this all day every day with Destiny 2. So, your next question should be, "After all these years, what exactly has been complained about concerning the Destiny 2 store?"

-Why do the transmogs in the store always look better than what we will ever loot!

Now mind you, Bungie as stood firm on this route of business, so all this time folks spend the money for dressinty and they will continue to do so. They did give us a route to transmog, what we loot we can transmog BUT! it's the most horrid way of doing so ( consider yourselves lucky ).

Does it work, like what is being asked for? Sure it does and trust me folks will spend the money for it, no matter what your views are *shrug* do I like it? no buuut it's what we are handed and we deal with it...
    What business model does D2 follow these days? Its got a large F2P component, right? And obviously no sub. Wow has box price and sub, which changes things quite a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Caprias View Post
    Okay look at it like this:
    If you can't find a transmog to your tastes in 15+ years of content in the game what are the chances one of those 20~ in the shop will be to your liking?

And also will it affect the amount of effort put into ingame sets? That shop transmog you buy might've been in the game in the first place otherwise.
    Good questions my dude.
    Imagine I want a (for example) pirate xmog. (Actually we already have it but imagine we didn't have it)...! What are the chances of a pirate xmog appearing in Dragonflght that will be fully dragon-oriented?? In the store the chance of a non-expansion-themed xmog appearing is much higher.
    If we didn't have a store full of mounts, pets, toys etc... (and even 2 xmogs) I swear I wouldn't even create this thread. But we have. And if we have... I'd like to see more xmogs.
    I believe that (as with the mounts in the store) these xmogs would be on another level of glamour!!

- - - Updated - - -

and screw anyone who cant afford it, i can and i want it"
    In fact (even to have justice with the raiders) the ideal would be that the store only had exclusive xmogs or recolors that don't exist in game.

Honestly transmogs in the store is something I could care less about. That is what online stores should, imo, be about. Just cosmetic type things. Sure its a little lame when you can tell the stuff in the store had a lot of effort put into it and you could compare it to stuff not in the store that might end up looking like trash and maybe have a point.. a very subjective one.. but its something that no doubt would probably happen (..has?). Really this goes with stuff like transfers and stuff too. More power to them.

Really its just the token that kind of has clipped the game kinda hard. But I don't think you can put that one back in the bottle because so much gold and economic impact from the coin has gone on for so long.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Screaming that the future has finally arrived is fruitless. They are already selling transmog especially now that mounts are mostly seen as passe.

Remember those who held the line and kicked people for buying the sparkle pony and cash shop transmog items...

They held back the tide they were doomed to fall but for a while they caged the beast.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    I'd be cool with that, only on the condition that the game removes the subscription fee.
    A lot of the games without a sub fee also have far less that you can do without doing some sort of a sub or are far worse in the scheme of things. If you don't understand like many people, the sub is server maintenance while the expansions are paying for what went into those. The in game shop is just icing on the cake in terms of profits which is 100% fine.

- - - Updated - - -

What business model does D2 follow these days? Its got a large F2P component, right? And obviously no sub. Wow has box price and sub, which changes things quite a bit.
    Server side cost of D2 is more than likely WAAAAAY less due to the functionality of the game, but I could be wrong. Isn't it that you really only see other players in hubs unless you group with them or am I remembering wrong(I also only played 3).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adcap6 View Post

At least for consoles, D2 also requires essentially a sub fee to Playstation Plus and the Xbox version. I think Steam gets off free or I could be wrong, but you can't do any instanced group content without a sub in D2 for PS

Using the same logic as the mounts in the store I ask: ... Why doesn't Blizzard fill the store with really cool xmogs (including some really full black for rogues plz) for people to buy?? I would pay (a similar price to mounts) for a really cool set that matches my main class.
    What is your opinion on this??
    There is and has always be huge backlash for ingame store items, whever they are mounts or tmogs.

Now, the question I'm asking you is : "would you prefer to buy the tmog or earn them ingame via a fun quest" ?

I'm not very optimistic about the new xmogs we'll see in-game in dragonflight. They will all be based on dragons... and I don't really like this lizard. I can already see my poor Hunter having to wear another dragon hat....! But if you have cool xmogs that don't necessarily have to obey the theme of expansion in the store... (as many do with mounts) I would buy it easily.
    Blizzard coud totally add new tmog not matching the expansion theme and earnable ingame. They probably won't, but they definitely won't if we ever let them put more and more tmog in the shop. Which is why we shouldn't let them do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinpachi View Post
    I have zero issue with paid tmogs. they add no advantage to the player in game. In fact, I'd rather see tmogs in the store than mounts, even though they're basically the same thing. People need to stop their fucking bitching all the fucking time. If Blizzard wants to sell something that others are voluntarily willing to buy, then it's nobody else's fucking business. Nobody is twisting their arm or holding a gun to their head.
    What a terrible take, the only relevant question is "would it be better for the players if the transmogs were available in store or in game". The obvious answer is "ingame", as simple as that. All the other possiblities are considering blizzard caring more about money than the enjoyment of its customer, which is the case, but that's not something we should ever agree on, and we should fight it as much as we can.

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    At least for consoles, D2 also requires essentially a sub fee to Playstation Plus and the Xbox version. I think Steam gets off free or I could be wrong, but you can't do any instanced group content without a sub in D2 for PS
    Thats not REALLY a fair way to frame it - ALL online play on ANY game on playstation or xbox require the sub, its nothing to do with D2 at all.

Kinda like saying Counterstrike has a sub because you need to pay for you internet connection.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    Server side cost of D2 is more than likely WAAAAAY less due to the functionality of the game, but I could be wrong. Isn't it that you really only see other players in hubs unless you group with them or am I remembering wrong(I also only played 3).
    DESTINY 2, not Diablo 2.
    Last edited by arkanon; 2022-06-19 at 03:51 AM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Bungie sells expansions, seasons, dungeons, and premium currency which is used to buy transmogs (for weapons and armor), vehicles, I think space ships, and emotes.
    Last edited by shadowmatrix; 2022-06-19 at 04:11 AM.

Many players kicked anyone who entered the Raid using an xmog paid with real money. For them, a real offense.

Calling BS on that. Literally never heard of seen of anything like this before. Reads like some trash you read on 4chan 6 years old and took proof.