Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Here's another one then.

The WoW ingame store sucks.
    Absolutely, there's no question that the store is not only technically a total shitfest, but all in all i would personally forbit any ingame-store-activity in any game.. Stores should be on a Website.

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    The "demand" part only works if you are backing it with your wallet. You cannot just "demand". But if you are willing to unleash your wallet then I don't understand the complaint about "rip me off"

You can't have the cake and eat it too.
    Oh look it's the whale supporter again ... back to the p2w hole with you!
    The box and sub don't come out of ass, they come out of the wallet.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    Oh look it's the whale supporter again ... back to the p2w hole with you!
    The box and sub don't come out of ass, they come out of the wallet.
    Then why would you want a "new cool set" that came out of ass?
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Then why would you want a "new cool set" that came out of ass?
    How the fuck do they come out of ass? They come as the content you paid for when you bought the game and from the sub. Instead of piece of shit looking sets, they can make them good.

Think we just found Bobby posting on MMOC guys.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    How the fuck do they come out of ass? They come as the content you paid for when you bought the game and from the sub. Instead of piece of shit looking sets, they can make them good.

Think we just found Bobby posting on MMOC guys.
    Ah yes, you pay for new stuff to come out only.
    And obviously you are so important that Bobby himself will be posting in this the most popular thread of all internet.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

I'm fine with store xmogs.

Best way to utilize them is with fomo gear.

It's like wearing oil and water. You get awesome gear that anyone can get with a few bucks and match it with unobtainable gear.

This way you effectively piss off blizz haters, and fomo haters While looking fly.

For example the star xmogs set matches really good with the mage tower holy pally mace.

Also I made a nice, dragon night mog with the black dragon wings and the wod cm 2handed mace.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantazma View Post
    A few years ago Blizzard launched those skull hoods (fire and ice) in the store and the repercussion of this was quite negative. Many players kicked anyone who entered the Raid using an xmog paid with real money. For them, a real offense.

Well, time has passed and the store is full of mounts that are obtainable for real money. (Weird logic. You can raid a shop mount but not shop xmogs...well...).
    And time passed even more and now we have two xmogs (pretty weird, I must say) in the store and this time we didn't have any "riots" because of it.

Using the same logic as the mounts in the store I ask: ... Why doesn't Blizzard fill the store with really cool xmogs (including some really full black for rogues plz) for people to buy?? I would pay (a similar price to mounts) for a really cool set that matches my main class.
    What is your opinion on this??

p.s: Forgive something wrong. English is not my first language.
    The main problem and concern with items you can buy on the shop is that there is a huge incentive for Blizzard to make these look better than what you can earn for "free". For example all these mogs and especially the mounts they've released so far have been at the very least unique and it's clear that they put in so much effort into making these. Meanwhile, the 9.2 tier sets look shit for the most part and many mounts they've released over the time were just recolors of each other.

But anyways, as others have said, the other big issue is that in order to play WoW you have to both buy the latest expansion (to play endgame) each time and you are paying a monthly sub. If WoW didn't have a sub, then most people would be more positive about shop items.

Quote Originally Posted by Soimu View Post
    They add no advantage but they take all the cool stuff that should be in game and add it in the store. Just like they did in WOD where all the expansion theme mounts like fey dragon, grinning reaver, etc were added in the store and in game we got a ton of fcking recolored pigs.
    "ALL the cool stuff"
    "SHOULD be in game"

First statement is just flat-out wrong, the second is from a place of emotion. Not everything has to be gated behind loot/achievements. Sometimes a motherfucker just wants to buy shit.

Iirc those skull hoods come from a time there was a lot of negative opinions about MTX in general, across all games and especially those with subscription costs. That was like a decade ago, and we now have entire generations of gamers who've only known MTX and purchasable cosmetics, in every single game they play