Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Angry Whats the point of adding cross faction if you can't do tw/randoms.

Blizz really dropped the ball they always add something cool then fuck it up until enough people bitch...welp here's me bitching. idgaf about mythic raids neither does the other 99%
    Last edited by GUZ; 2022-06-20 at 03:15 PM.
    "Voted Most Likely To Be Banned From The Forum."

Haven’t played in a minute, why can’t you do randoms? Isn’t there a specific thing that allowed you to que with horde/alliance for randoms anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by GUZ View Post
    Blizz really dropped the ball they always add something cool then fuck it up until enough people bitch...welp here's me bitching. idgaf about mythic neither does the other 99%
    I'd say its the other way around, most players don't really care about timewalking. Not that I blame them since blizz keeps ruining timewalking content.

10+ Year Old Account
    The point of cross faction is so Alliance can actually have a pool to recruit from for raids or PuG M+, things that were extremely challenging before. You really needed to have a reliable, stable group to do those things if you're not Horde. Fracturing the population makes a lot less sense when you have a small population.

Yeah, it's silly that you can't queue for stuff in LFD/LFR if you make a group cross-faction with friends, but those things are at least still easily doable without cross faction.

I suspect 9.2.5 was a trial run and it will be (hopefully) expanded further to include more things. Personally, I'd like to see the faction barriers totally broken down aside from niche things like racial capitals and other things that are more "flavour" than functional.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Because at the high end it was 90%+ horde, so alliance got completely shafted.
    idgaf about mythic neither does the other 99%
    but it's the only content where your group comp matters. TW/random heroics you can complete with 1 competent person and 4 idiots, but if you try that even in just 15s you're gonna suffer. Try it in 25s and you're not gonna get past the first boss

Well, they are just testing their boundaries.

Why are there no cross-faction guilds, although we've seen the base functionality was already integrated into the PTR? That's really holding back cross-faction progression raiding (I mean, as far as you can call current raiding "progression"), as most people want their guild to be tracked with their progress.

They probably take slow steps, and every step along the way serves as selling point for that patch.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and just to add in case of TW: They should at least allow full cf groups to queue for TW. It's ok if they don't want to have an automated matchmaking (yet), but there is no reason not to allow full groups.

I swear half the people on this site just wake up looking for things to complain about.
    If I don't respond to something you tagged me in, assume one of two things.
    1) Your post was too stupid to acknowledge, or
    2) Your post is cringe and not worth replying to.

Alternatively, if it happens a lot I probably have you blocked due to one of the above things. Thank you.

As long as they make it an Opt In thing and not mandatory x-faction

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cayde69 View Post
    Haven’t played in a minute, why can’t you do randoms?
    In dungeons? No, it is specifically blocked for random content.

Guilds will remain single-faction, and random matchmade activities like Heroic dungeons, Skirmishes, or Random Battlegrounds will all remain same-faction.
    source: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ne...tion-instances

Isn’t there a specific thing that allowed you to que with horde/alliance for randoms anyway?
    You're thinking of Mercenary Mode, which is only like half cross faction (you can elect to queue for the other side but once you make that choice you only are grouped with that side not a mix of both sides.) and only for BGs.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by TomBrokovski View Post
    I'd say its the other way around, most players don't really care about timewalking. Not that I blame them since blizz keeps ruining timewalking content.
    Reason why i don’t care about time walking is because it’s only normal raid quality loot from the chest.

Not worth the time investment

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Blizz really dropped the ball they always add something cool then fuck it up until enough people bitch...welp here's me bitching. idgaf about mythic neither does the other 99%
    why do you care? queue timers have been fairly consistent since MoP (I can't speak for before then). if your playtime is so restricted that a queue time that is a minute or two slower makes or breaks it for you, then yeah that's on you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ryzeth View Post
    I swear half the people on this site just wake up looking for things to complain about.
    more than half

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    why do you care? queue timers have been fairly consistent since MoP (I can't speak for before then). if your playtime is so restricted that a queue time that is a minute or two slower makes or breaks it for you, then yeah that's on you.

- - - Updated - - -

more than half
    Maybe because he wants to do timewalking with friends, crossfaction.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

10+ Year Old Account
    if you mean log in to check out the new feature an try to group for a timewalking with my horde friend and cant...well then yes i woke up pissed off.

also i meant mythic raid not m+

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Maybe because he wants to do timewalking with friends, crossfaction.
    my Q times are fine i always tank or heal but i dont play dps tho cuz q times are so horrible

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post
    Reason why i don’t care about time walking is because it’s only normal raid quality loot from the chest.

Not worth the time investment
    its just fun and easy to level up alts with friends
    "Voted Most Likely To Be Banned From The Forum."

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I suspect 9.2.5 was a trial run and it will be (hopefully) expanded further to include more things. Personally, I'd like to see the faction barriers totally broken down aside from niche things like racial capitals and other things that are more "flavour" than functional.
    I think a lot of people felt like this should be a "flip the switch" type change and in reality it's a lot more than that. Honestly, this is an expansion-selling feature that got tacked onto a non-content patch so for that alone we should be grateful. This has easily been one of WoW's most well-received features and it would be bonkers if they didn't continue to iterate on it. (Cross faction guilds please.)

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    I think a lot of people felt like this should be a "flip the switch" type change and in reality it's a lot more than that. Honestly, this is an expansion-selling feature that got tacked onto a non-content patch so for that alone we should be grateful. This has easily been one of WoW's most well-received features and it would be bonkers if they didn't continue to iterate on it. (Cross faction guilds please.)
    Not to be argumentative, but wasnt communities supposed to accomplish cross faction guilds?

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Wait till the "We didnt get the guild achievement cause we are half and half!" to trigger them into releasing it faster, rofl.

Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    Not to be argumentative, but wasnt communities supposed to accomplish cross faction guilds?
    Communities are a half measure. I'm sure there's a lot of spaghetti for them to unspaghetti to make cross faction guilds a thing but given the popularity of the feature it'd be a shame if they didn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    I mean, not really, not anymore than joining a Discord with both factions replaces cross-faction guilds.

B.net Communities (per-character ones were faction specific) only work for the chat functionality. They don't work for things like achievement credit, guild group funds, they don't give you bank access, they don't give you the other guild perks, and prior to 9.2.5 they wouldn't work cross-faction for calendars or invites.

It's worth noting that Communities still has bugs ("add to chat window" still regularly unchecks itself, for example) and shitty permission settings that prevented them from taking off to any real degree. I'm in probably ten b.net communities and only one of them gets used to any real degree. So even now with some increased functionality, I'm still not sure most people will find them worth using even for the chat aspect, nevermind all the other stuff you don't get.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

This is pretty stupid restriction that should not exist. I cant even join Zereth Mortis rare groups when i'm in party with a friend from other faction. What a mess...

Are cross-faction guilds even helping alliance CE guilds that struggled so much?

They're usually on low/medium population servers where there isn't a Horde CE scene anyways, so it does nothing for them.

Tbh. I just hope they merge more and open cross-realm mythic a LOT faster.

TBF, the complaint is valid this time.