Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Texas Republican Party reveals new platform.

The Texas Republican Party revealed their new platform recently.

https://texasgop.org/wp-content/uplo...-6-15-2022.pdf

Highlights include getting rid of CPS, repealing the Minimum Wage Act, teaching kids that life begins at fertilization, calling homosexuality "an abnormal lifestyle choice", repealing the Voting Rights Act of 1965 and declaring that Biden didn't legitimately win the 2020 election.

Quote Originally Posted by CastletonSnob View Post

Highlights include getting rid of CPS, repealing the Minimum Wage Act, teaching kids that life begins at fertilization, calling homosexuality "an abnormal lifestyle choice", repealing the Voting Rights Act of 1965 and declaring that Biden didn't legitimately win the 2020 election.
    Surprised that the child labor laws aren't in that. But they might be federal.
    "The customer is always right" is a nice way of saying "I will put up with your bullshit as long as you pay me"

At this point I think what the Republican party needs is a good old-fashioned culling.

Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This would almost be funny if it didn't have an impact on real people. I feel for the poor people in Texas who might have to live under some or all of these rules in the future and cannot afford to leave.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpresident View Post
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.

Why aren't the Democrats doing more to win, when the Republicans are telegraphing their plans worse than a Punch-Out boss?

Why aren't the Democrats doing more to win, when the Republicans are telegraphing their plans worse than a Punch-Out boss?
    This is Texas.

My question is, why would they want to remove CPS?

Quote Originally Posted by RampageBW1 View Post
    From my understanding, if they were to get rid of CPS, a huge portion of their cases would then default to the local police forces.

Guessing so families could attack LGBTQ children in places the police would look away while the CPS would be staffed with mental health professionals who might have a harder time doing so.

And remember, these are people who consider thinking and intelligence to be bad and support the blind flexing of strenth.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have you seen the amount of pedophiles in the GOP...?

Inviolability of Life and Fundamental Right to Life: All innocent human life must be respected and safeguarded from fertilization to natural death; therefore, the unborn, the aged, and the physically or mentally challenged have a fundamental individual right to life, which cannot be infringed. We respect the uniqueness of human life and oppose practices which corrupt human DNA, mix human and animal DNA, or other trans-humanist initiatives that do not respect the sanctity and uniqueness of human life. All humans are endowed by their creator with sovereign rights of ownership of their person and DNA, regardless of any DNA modification, and claims to the contrary are invalid.
    What a bunch of weirdos.
    “There you stand, the good man doing nothing. And while evil triumphs, and your rigid pacifism crumbles to blood stained dust, the only victory afforded to you is that you stuck true to your guns.”

I believe "Republicans want to fuck and/or abuse children" is the pretty obvious answer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because Texans largely want this.

Democrats can't "do more to win" when the voting public are, by the majority, bigoted homophobic shitheads. Electing a party pushing a bigoted homophobic shithead platform is just how democracy works, in that case.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by OnlineSamantha View Post
    This would almost be funny if it didn't have an impact on real people. I feel for the poor people in Texas who might have to live under some or all of these rules in the future and cannot afford to leave.
    Given the Canadian response to the targeting of Roe v. Wade in the US recently, it's seriously getting to the point that we might start considering refugee applications from the USA.

Iran, Afghanistan, Texas. Same fuckin' difference, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Because Texans largely want this.

Democrats can't "do more to win" when the voting public are, by the majority, bigoted homophobic shitheads. Electing a party pushing a bigoted homophobic shithead platform is just how democracy works, in that case.
    Texas is closer to purple than it is to red. The cities are solidly blue. You know, that places where people actually live.

Also, they want to abolish the department of education, the IRS, CDC, FDA, OSHA and a bunch more.
    “There you stand, the good man doing nothing. And while evil triumphs, and your rigid pacifism crumbles to blood stained dust, the only victory afforded to you is that you stuck true to your guns.”

10+ Year Old Account
    Texas is closer to purple than it is to red. The cities are solidly blue. You know, that places where people actually live.
    But not the majority.

Texas has been learning purple, but still ends up more on the red side than the blue. Despite the urban populations of a few cities. I was clear that I was describing that majority, not "all Texans just by virtue of living in Texas". Same way my later cracks about Iran and Afghanistan doesn't mean every single Afghani or Iranian support the regimes in power there, either. But those regimes are in power, and enjoy popular support in those countries.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    But not the majority.

Texas has been learning purple, but still ends up more on the red side than the blue. Despite the urban populations of a few cities. I was clear that I was describing that majority, not "all Texans just by virtue of living in Texas". Same way my later cracks about Iran and Afghanistan doesn't mean every single Afghani or Iranian support the regimes in power there, either. But those regimes are in power, and enjoy popular support in those countries.
    Texas has been gerrymandered to hell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Texas has been gerrymandered to hell.
    2020 results by popular vote in the federal; https://www.cnn.com/election/2020/results/state/texas
    52% for Trump.

House elections by popular vote weren't much different, at ~53.5% Republican; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_U...tions_in_Texas

Still gerrymandered, but the Republicans still outnumber the Dems.

Don't forget the secession. Allen West may no longer head up the TX GOP, but his legacy of loudly shouting about secession lives on.

Sorry TX bros, but part of me wants to see them try.

You know...finding themselves with no trade deals or agreements. Needing to start printing their own currency. Losing out SS/Medicare for seniors, and public funding for schools. Get hit by another heatwave/cold front/hurricane/floods/disaster? Well, no FEMA, suckas.

It honestly feels like TX Republicans are trying to give FL and AL Republicans a run for their money in terms of which group can be the most batshit crazy while also being the most pointlessly malicious.

Secession sounds like a great idea if you hate the current administration and all that jazz, until you spend literally any amount of time actually thinking about the consequences.
    Last edited by Edge-; 2022-06-20 at 04:08 PM.

Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Don't forget the session. Allen West may no longer head up the TX GOP, but his legacy of loudly shouting about sesession lives on.

Sorry TX bros, but part of me wants to see them try.

You know...finding themselves with no trade deals or agreements. Needing to start printing their own currency. Losing out SS/Medicare for seniors, and public funding for schools. Get hit by another heatwave/cold front/hurricane/floods/disaster? Well, no FEMA, suckas.

It honestly feels like TX Republicans are trying to give FL and AL Republicans a run for their money in terms of which group can be the most batshit crazy while also being the most pointlessly malicious.

Session sounds like a great idea if you hate the current administration and all that jazz, until you spend literally any amount of time actually thinking about the consequences.
    That would disproportionally affect working class people, and I do not believe that attitude will pull people to your side. I do not wish to see the poorer areas of Texas suffer, no matter their political affiliation. I think that's a dangerous proposition.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpresident View Post
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Have you seen the amount of pedophiles in the GOP...?
    Well, yeah. But they're also the party that has been crying about "Them libs want to groom children!" So, removing CPS would seem counter-productive. But then again, when has the GOP made sense?