Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    https://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...ghtward-shift/

Apparently, Republicans outside of TX are very unhappy with TX Republicans because -

“Nationally, we know that anything that distracts from Biden’s continually dropping approval and rising inflation helps Democrats, who want to talk about anything other than these,” said Republican strategist Doug Heye.

Looking backward doesn’t help tell voters what you want to do now and in the future,” he added.
    I mean, it's not like national Republicans have any plans either, unless we're talking about Rick Scott's proposed 11 point plan that even Mitch McConnell wants nothing to do with.

And even locals trying to paint a more positive picture don't have much to say -

“Traditionally what happens at conventions stays at conventions,” said one Texas-based GOP strategist.

“It’s not going to be what a bunch of yahoos with weird hats and sequins did at a party convention in the summer,” the strategist continued, referring to what voters would ultimately vote on.
    Well...this is the internet age, what happens at conventions doesn't stay at conventions. And I'm not sure calling the people at the TX GOP convention "a bunch of yahoos with weird hats and sequins" is...helping his cause?

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.newsweek.com/texas-gop-w...-1717449?amp=1

In other news, the TX GOP website is down. It's been having issues since the weekend, apparently.

No word on why from the TX GOP - whether it's getting crushed by organic traffic or if it's being targeted by attacks.

10+ Year Old Account
    The one thing I will say is it's almost refreshing to have the Republicans stop trying to dig whistle and tip toe around their insanity and just decide to wear it proudly.

I look forward to hearing those who tried to claim that no really the GOP is actually the LGBT friendly party "what he meant was" their way out of THIS.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RampageBW1 View Post
    Well, yeah. But they're also the party that has been crying about "Them libs want to groom children!" So, removing CPS would seem counter-productive. But then again, when has the GOP made sense?
    It's always been projection with the GOP. See "VoTeR fRaUd" and the amount of Republicans arrested for exactly that.

I've always found people's opposition to min wage laws funny, more so now then ever. Like what type of person looks at all the inflation, growing cost of everything, people struggling to keep up with rent... and say: "You know what? Businesses should be allowed to pay their employees even less!" Like shesh. Just come out and say you want slavery again already.

https://twitter.com/JoyAnnReid/statu...56500551565314

Not to be outdone, the National Right to Life Committee proposes...

Literally spying on all phone and internet communications to punish anyone discusses or helps someone get an abortion.

Republicans want Big Brother to run your lives.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

Literally spying on all phone and internet communications to punish anyone discusses or helps someone get an abortion.

Under his eye.

Where do I sign up?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, yeah. But they're also the party that has been crying about "Them libs want to groom children!" So, removing CPS would seem counter-productive. But then again, when has the GOP made sense?
    They want to be able to groom children for themselves.
    Why should we let Those People teach children that being touched by adults in certain places is bad, that no means no, and the loophole in the Holy Book.
    Why should children learn about anything other than straight heterosexual marriage consumated with the lights off, sheets up, and don't you dare enjoy it.*

*Unless you have a wide stance in the bathroom stall, "adopt" a poolboy, try to make the next compliant drug addicted sex toy, or your wife has sex with a math professor in the shower.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    nah. I prefer the US winning and forcing Texas to finish Reconstruction. Fix the gerrymandering, punish the extremists. Force these idiots to reraslize a war is not a good thing and make them suffer losses to everything they care about.
    Fuck em, let them make it North Mexico.
    Last edited by Poopymonster; 2022-06-23 at 09:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Given the Canadian response to the targeting of Roe v. Wade in the US recently, it's seriously getting to the point that we might start considering refugee applications from the USA.

Iran, Afghanistan, Texas. Same fuckin' difference, really.
    Any room for a remote work C# dev in Canada?

Asking uh . . . for a friend.
    Putin khuliyo

Well, yeah. But they're also the party that has been crying about "Them libs want to groom children!" So, removing CPS would seem counter-productive.
    Because Evangelicals don't like CPS, because their culture is rampant with sexual/child abuse.

7+ Year Old Account
    Given the Canadian response to the targeting of Roe v. Wade in the US recently, it's seriously getting to the point that we might start considering refugee applications from the USA.

I hope being born in 1980 means I can claim Canadian citizenship through my grandmother. I know that was changed at some point right?

Because Texans largely want this.

Democrats can't "do more to win" when the voting public are, by the majority, bigoted homophobic shitheads. Electing a party pushing a bigoted homophobic shithead platform is just how democracy works, in that case.

- - - Updated - - -

Waterloo, UToronto and U Western Ontario are climbing my list for PhD.

10+ Year Old Account
    They scary thing is that will actually pass what they preach if given the opportunity.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

Weren't they pissed when Snowden revealed the shit before he ran? Now they want it again? But worse?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aphelios View Post
    Where do I sign up?
    If you want an evangelical religious right country, move to fucking Saudi Arabia.

15+ Year Old Account
    Somehow I remember Pattons words "Americans dont hold, they always move forward".
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Weren't they pissed when Snowden revealed the shit before he ran? Now they want it again? But worse?

- - - Updated - - -

If you want an evangelical religious right country, move to fucking Saudi Arabia.
    Im convinced 90% of the time they are mad about something being exposed, its because its making it harder for them to abuse the fuck out of it later
    Like if I knew a way to loot the company pension and told everyone so the loophole could be closed before someone steals all the funds. They wouldn't be mad its there, they'd be mad cause they wanted to loot it.
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

I saw a full breakdown of this; it's really the most insane platform you've ever seen from pretty much every angle.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    I saw a full breakdown of this; it's really the most insane platform you've ever seen from pretty much every angle.
    Maybe it's insane when it's all spelled out in bullet points one after the other like that. But this is all the shit Republicans have been talking about for decades now. The gender stuff less so, because it's a relatively recent development...but the rest? There's nothing surprising in there.

We know Republicans think they own their children.
    We know Republicans think climate change is a plot to sabotage the oil industry.
    We know Republicans think that the will of the voters is irrelevant to who gets to represent them
    We know Republicans think anyone other than straight white men are degenerates undeserving of rights.
    We know Republicans think abortion is murder, but children being mowed down in their classrooms isn't a big deal.
    etc
    etc
    etc
    Last edited by s_bushido; 2022-06-24 at 05:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    Reads absolutely insane

https://mobile.twitter.com/lilyastra...22392087744512

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    I love the bits about FEDs can't tell us what to do! But WE can absolutely tell CITIES etc what to do!
    - Lars