1+ Year Old Account

Question Dragonflight talent loadouts - how easy to respec?

How easy is it exactly going to be to swap between preselected loadouts?

[because this could impact playstyle heavily]

Are we going to save the loadouts to the class trainer and then be able to respec in any rest area?

OR

We'll be able to shift anywhere out of combat, possibly even in instances?

P.S. If you have any precise info on this mechanic, a link would be appreciated

....they literally said how it will work. Perhaps pay attention.

1+ Year Old Account
    Since i cannot remember where in the loads of interviews, could you help?

7+ Year Old Account
    We can save a loadout at a trainer and change them at any rest area.

Formerly known as Arafal

Only being able to change in resting area is way too restricted. You should be able to change talents anywhere out of combat. And it should not require any reagents.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TOM_RUS View Post
    Only being able to change in resting area is way too restricted. You should be able to change talents anywhere out of combat. And it should not require any reagents.

Ok, but then it would be 60 sec channel cast spell of respec.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    We can save a loadout at a trainer and change them at any rest area.
    Do you have a source for this? I haven't seen rest area as the specified spot, and I was curious. Most quotes I saw mentioned changing loadouts anywhere, which is a pretty big difference (e.g. ease of having different specs for different bosses in the same raid).

1+ Year Old Account
    The goal isn't to fight min-maxing so much as embrace it, allowing players to setup multiple talent loadouts that can be changed at will (while out of combat) for things like Single Target, AoE, PvP, and so on.

I found this

And that is exciting

Any thoughts?

Source: the korean interview to hazzikostas translated on wowhead

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aresk View Post
    Do you have a source for this? I haven't seen rest area as the specified spot, and I was curious. Most quotes I saw mentioned changing loadouts anywhere, which is a pretty big difference (e.g. ease of having different specs for different bosses in the same raid).

Thats the thing, and everyone's sleeping on that.

Imagine swapping to raw aoe for trash and then back to st for boss

If I had to guess, it will be rested area and tome of clear mind. We had this discussion during Legion alpha, looks like they want give some reason to pick inscription after major glyphs were removed.

It will be just like it is now, surely. You can change spec anywhere but you can only change specific talents in rested areas or with a Tome. There's no reason to change that.

Changing talents anywhere outside of combat would be rediculus. Whats the point in talents if you can just change them for every fight, and doing so is the optimal way.

Changing your actual spec as the situation demands is fine, but swapping from ST to AOE mode on the fly kind of defeats the purpose of talents and might as well just buff ST and AOE all the time.

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myradin View Post
    Changing talents anywhere outside of combat would be rediculus. Whats the point in talents if you can just change them for every fight, and doing so is the optimal way.

Changing your actual spec as the situation demands is fine, but swapping from ST to AOE mode on the fly kind of defeats the purpose of talents and might as well just buff ST and AOE all the time.

That is what ion actually said in his interview with a korean magazine.

"Since we cannot fight min maxing we are gonna embrace it, allowing for talents to be swapped freely on the go, out of combat.

Try to listen to the interview for yourself and tell me if you come to the same conclusion I did

Quote Originally Posted by Leyers View Post
    That is what ion actually said in his interview with a korean magazine.

"Since we cannot fight min maxing we are gonna embrace it, allowing for talents to be swapped freely on the go, out of combat.

Try to listen to the interview for yourself and tell me if you come to the same conclusion I did
    Except they can fight it. Majority of players do not ever actualy change their talents or covenanta in Shaddowlands. This will ultimatly force them into very boring playstsle where everyone will be swaping into meta talents for each fight. Kinda stupid since you might also remove talents and give everyone full loadout as baseline if i can spec into best thing on fly anyway.

1+ Year Old Account
    The good thing about this possibility is that it will result in a more varied playstyle, since you'll be "forced" to shift to different loadouts and adapt to every situation

To me that sounds more fun than fitting into one fixed build

Any ideas on what would that feel like?

Ofc you could fight min/maxing. You could make it so that once a talent is selected, it's "locked" for a period, regardless of where a player is. Could be locked for a week, a month, a year. But why would you do that to players? I would venture to guess that it'll be mostly mostly hardcore or progressive raiders that are constantly swapping, anyway, at least if talent choices are similar in their effectiveness. The true trick for the dev team is to find a sweet spot in terms of talent choices that allow for the most intense min/maxers out there to eke out that final bit of "extra" they can, while the rest of the player base can still succeed while choosing something that each player finds interesting and fun, while allowing them to be successful.

1+ Year Old Account
    But why even try fighting min-maxing build in an mmo?

Is't just better to embrace it and make it flexible so that the players can actually enjoy different builds?

It you think about it every spec has a set of potential talents and builds that are just too situational to be good.

If you make talent choice flexible you can also enjoy those and diversy playstyle, wich I assume is good