Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
6
7
... LastLast
  1. #81
    Spam Assassin! MoanaLisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Tralfamadore
    Posts
    32,188
    Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    I mean is it "exposed"? A lot of them do this...they even say sometimes that they're done only to show up next expansion
    No, it's not exposed. It's in plain sight and has been for years.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2022-06-21 at 08:12 AM.
    Two rules for living: "Don't go around hurting each other. Try to understand things." — William Least Heat-Moon (Blue Highways)

  2. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Trying to make money as a Youtuber means following the algorithm. Feeding your fanboys with positivity videos, and then occasionally dropping a negative video trying to pull in more viewers.
    I think Asmongold has that backwards. I've never watched any of his videos but all of his thumbnails have him either raging at something like someone kicked his puppy or in shock looking like someone just rogered him.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

  3. #83
    God people are fucking stupid. People like the OP, I mean.

    It's true that the "algorithm" atleast partly drives the creation of content. It's also true that the majority of streamers are likely to be representative of the majority of people; mostly because the streamers are people.

    This type of post is made to imply that content creators are intentionally misrepresenting their opinions to acquiesce the majority opinion and keep themselves winning in the algorithm, but the more likely option is that the majority of content creators share the majority opinion. Taking it any further than this requires assumption and/or evidence.

    I get it; it sucks when you have an opinion and the majority doesn't agree with you, and even those nasty pasty content creators are picking on your homeboys at Blizzard, but pretending like they are only doing it for clout is asinine. Occam's razor.

    The reality is that even if what you say was true, it would be a fact that Bellular's content represents a majority view from the community that watches it. There are no standards to raise; if you want content made that supports your opinion, go and look for it or make it. The fact that it isn't balanced is because it is representative of popular opinion, by and large, because content creators are people too.

  4. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    I think Asmongold has that backwards. I've never watched any of his videos but all of his thumbnails have him either raging at something like someone kicked his puppy or in shock looking like someone just rogered him.
    Asmon is also primarily a twitch streamer and his YouTube audiance is basically his twitch audiance+whatever bellulars audiance is

  5. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by HansOlo View Post
    What got me the most was, after bashing enough products - he announced his own game studio and his own game(this was last year).

    Super fishy personality.
    The go to argument when people don't like someone "bashing" a product is "go and make your own if you think it's so easy". Then, when people do it, those same people (I bet you have personally said this yourself at some point), call him "fishy" for doing exactly that?

    Edit: Lol. That took less than 30 seconds



    "If you think you can do better, become a game dev"
    "Ew, he's developing a game while criticizing other games, that's super fishy"

    I'm not a massive Bellular fan, I watch some of his stuff but find his style a bit cheesy and melodramatic, but your arguments are so obviously dictated by "he disagrees with me and he has influence, oh no" it's a joke.

    Edit: Jesus christ, your post history is vomit inducing. You might be the biggest Blizzard shill I remember.
    Last edited by Delekii; 2022-06-21 at 08:44 AM.

  6. #86
    ... and you decided to make a thread to give him even more fame?
    How about not watching him at all if you do not like it?
    Personally i do not care about 99.9% content creators/youtubers/streamers and focus/follow only a few i enjoy.

  7. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    Asmon is also primarily a twitch streamer and his YouTube audiance is basically his twitch audiance+whatever bellulars audiance is
    Yeah. He's been a big name for a long time, but I was turned off from him simply from how unpleasant and negative he looks in all his thumbnails. The world has enough people riding on negativity and outrage and depression. Heck, a good chunk of his videos are labelled "Asmongold outraged at <insert trivial thing Blizzard did>" so I just left. I politely tell youtube whenever they suggest his videos that I'm not interested.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

  8. #88
    Blizzard have a terrible track record last couple years and do deserve critique but yeah streamers tend to go overboard with these kind of topics but it gets them views.
    Do you hear the voices too?

  9. #89
    The Lightbringer Nymrohd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2022
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    3,168
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    lol? Exposed? guess you're new to content creators or the internet in general if you're still figuring out how it works.
    I hate that phrase. People can call themselves content creators when they actually create something.

  10. #90
    Quote Originally Posted by HansOlo View Post
    Who do I describe:

    1)Every footage/info released, you keep your subs hyped and motivated. Especially before expansions/patches:
    All the thumbnails and clickbaits are positive - focus is, that Blizzard finally learned it.

    2)Once every 2-3 month - you bash this company - especially after expansion release:
    All the thumbnails and clickbaits are negative. Undertone is that Blizzard never gets it and we got betrayed once again.

    This cycle repeats itself. You suddenly have borderline community, stuck in emotions(which is the biggest trigger). You can actually keep running this for a decade.

    First hint: Bel...r - it can also be someone else.

    Do you recognize this pattern or is it just me?

    Yeah you bash this company for no reasons at all



    now do the same post for the shills like T&E

  11. #91
    Quote Originally Posted by HansOlo View Post
    Who do I describe:

    1)Every footage/info released, you keep your subs hyped and motivated. Especially before expansions/patches:
    All the thumbnails and clickbaits are positive - focus is, that Blizzard finally learned it.

    2)Once every 2-3 month - you bash this company - especially after expansion release:
    All the thumbnails and clickbaits are negative. Undertone is that Blizzard never gets it and we got betrayed once again.

    This cycle repeats itself. You suddenly have borderline community, stuck in emotions(which is the biggest trigger). You can actually keep running this for a decade.

    First hint: Bel...r - it can also be someone else.

    Do you recognize this pattern or is it just me?
    Hey he's just raking in money, you're one of the fools that apparantly keep watching.

    Honestly i never get why people watch such shit on youtube.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

    Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

  12. #92
    People do like to give Blizzard a pass by blaming streamers for the state of the game. Never really understood that mentality. You think the devs are sitting there like "We can't put this in the game, Bellular and Asmon will complain"? lol.

  13. #93
    You got 'em.

    But my IQ was actually higher because I saw this much earlier and never started watching any of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Blizzard do what the players want all the time.

  14. #94
    The copium is strong with this one.

    Wows streamers are a reflection of its community: A bunch of people hopelessly stuck in an addiction cycle of realizing how bad things are, rationalizing it, rinse and repeat. It’s sad and pathetic, and this thread is the best example of it I’ve ever seen.

    If this was such a universally lucrative strategy, it would be how every games streamers work, but it isn’t. Destiny, final fantasy, dark souls, etc all have streamer and YouTuber communities. None of them look like this.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

  15. #95
    I love how people try to defend Blizzard/Activision when streamers or youtubers bash them for more than reasonable issues.


    1. Diablo Immortal
    2. OW 2 lies
    3. WoW current state
    4. Activision Sexual Scandal

  16. #96
    Elemental Lord sam86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    WORST country on earth (aka egypt)
    Posts
    8,277
    no
    easy example check legion youtube, it was almost pure hype, heck even SL while it had some bash, it was still far more optimistic than what we got
    ur example fit BFA and so far seems Dragon too, however Dragon was already seen in bad light since its announce, with easy example how far more wrath relaunch got likes than dragon cinematic
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

  17. #97
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    Asmon is also primarily a twitch streamer and his YouTube audiance is basically his twitch audiance+whatever bellulars audiance is
    As of a year or 2 ago, he doesn't control and I believe he doesn't make money off of his YouTube. He never managed it before and Asmon approached a couple of youtube editor/fans that were making fan compilations for his content already, and gave them the keys to his official YT account and they take the lion share of the monetization from it.

    On Topic:
    I find a couple of YTers to be pretty disingenuous, Bellular, Pyro, etc... they were always shills for the game and were never that critical of it. Guys like Preach or Asmon always criticized aspect of the product they didn't like so nothing has really changed with them. For the former group you can see a clear shift of mostly neutral/positive coverage of the game to a more negative coverage because that's what gets them more clicks.

    In a guy like Bellular's defense, it seems he is trying to be more constructive recently, probably realizing that becoming a negative blizz news meme is bad for long term health the same way being a Blizz shill would be. I definitely echo the sentiment that Bellular seems to make content from a standpoint of representing the whole community. Where I prefer content from guys like SoulsoBreezy for just straight up news.

  18. #98
    Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    On Topic:
    I find a couple of YTers to be pretty disingenuous, Bellular, Pyro, etc... they were always shills for the game and were never that critical of it. Guys like Preach or Asmon always criticized aspect of the product they didn't like so nothing has really changed with them. For the former group you can see a clear shift of mostly neutral/positive coverage of the game to a more negative coverage because that's what gets them more clicks.
    I don't think pyromancer was ever disingenuous. An oblivious fanboy yes, but when he had his meltdown over how bad the lore has gotten and how he felt like he wasted years trying to explain the lore he quit wow alltogether. I think you can't even find his old videos anymore.

  19. #99
    Bellular is a chameleon who can switch from a critic to a rabid fanboy in a mere sec.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Biden is a creepy old dude, I will not be voting for the guy.
    ^ This is from a self-proclaimed Trump-hater who goes round vote-policing, berating and insulting other users for expressing their doubts and reservations about Joe Biden. He also urges others to end relationships and friendships just to "vote Trump out". https://ibb.co/2jRnZGC He can't seem to walk the talk himself.

  20. #100
    Of course Bellular has to work with the algorithms but I believe he (they rather?) make good content that is kinda balanced. I can't remember any video where I haven't felt that way. Also, he makes long, in-depth lore videos. That is not exactly catering to the masses imo. And it's definitely not trying to make controversy "just because".

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •