Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    I doubt they'd let players wait AFTER the expansion has released to actually give you the game. The goodies is understandable ofc.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    ...there is no digital delivery of the code ahead of receipt of the physical box...
    Source: https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...-codes/1267292
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurbz View Post
    ...there is no digital delivery of the code ahead of receipt of the physical box...
    Ohhhh my god that is so slimy HAHAHA. So if you buy the most expensive package you either have to

A. Wait for the physical copy to reach your door to enter your key to play

Or

B. Pay for either a base edition or the same edition you bought in order to have these things right away and they will so graciously “refund” you by locking that money in battle.net balance.

Option B effectively doubles their sales for those who want it right away.

On the store it says...

I doubt they'd let players wait AFTER the expansion has released to actually give you the game. The goodies is understandable ofc.

I paraphrased your options above

Quote Originally Posted by Cayde69 View Post
    Ohhhh my god that is so slimy HAHAHA. So if you buy the most expensive package you either have to

Or

B. Pay for either a base edition or the same edition you bought in order to have these things right away and they will so graciously “refund” you by locking that money in battle.net balance.

Been this way since Blizz started doing digital expac purchases. Not sure why people are surprised.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

Or

This is pretty common for collector editions, some will email you codes but many won’t and you need to wait for the box which might not always come on launch day.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Damn, that's lame. When I purchased the physical CE of Endwalker I got my digital code immediately. If I had refunded the CE they would've taken back whatever access I had been given by the digital code.

Now I'm not trying to compare but come on.

But I must mention again, this is a much cheaper CE aswell.

Way, way too many idiots in this thread screaming about rushed, as though they ONLY started working on it the second the announced it.
    If I don't respond to something you tagged me in, assume one of two things.
    1) Your post was too stupid to acknowledge, or
    2) Your post is cringe and not worth replying to.

Alternatively, if it happens a lot I probably have you blocked due to one of the above things. Thank you.

I am very surprised. I expect a rushed launch or an apology and refunds offered when it gets pushed to 2023.

Everyone is upset its "rushed" with zero evidence to that, yet no one bats an eye at the fact they're raising the price $10 and giving less than any other expansion ever?

10+ Year Old Account
    the game time gets automatically added, right? like I can't hang onto it and use it at a later date?

10+ Year Old Account
    On the store it says...

That is referring to the digital edition, not the physical CE.

If you buy the physical CE, you dont get the game code until the physical box arrives and you add it to your account. You don't get a digital version so you can play until the box arrives.

Edit: sorry, I see people already clarified before I replied. Unfortunately, Blizzard CEs have always worked this way. Most people buy a digital key in the meantime and then just refund it for credit when the CE arrives so they can still play at launch.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Stood in the Fire october breeze's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I feel sorry for anyone who preorder this. You sir, deserved to be robbed.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurbz View Post
    I have always bought collector's edition boxes, so once again they will make me wait for the digital goodies, what a backwards company...after nearly 2 decades, they still haven't fixed that issue...n they never gave me my tbc ce battlepet either..mofos..

Over 6 months probably, so no reason at all for me to buy xpac now. Thx blizz!
    Probably longer, as game won't be rdy, bobby just wants big paycheck before microsoft yanks blizzard from him...

Quote Originally Posted by Ryzeth View Post
    Way, way too many idiots in this thread screaming about rushed, as though they ONLY started working on it the second the announced it.
    I mean even if beta started tomorrow it would be rushed for most expansions. We still have another patch in sl with that weird s4 thing.

I have to assume they are cutting corners hard. This might explain why dragon flight is launching with the least amount of dungeons and relying on retreads. I wouldn't really be shocked if like wrath they bring in an old raid tier to pad out the content...

I will wait to see beta but unless they just abandoned shadowlands I can't see how they could be on schedule.

5+ Year Old Account

Or

Oh, I would def do option B, get the epic ed now n ce box later, if i'd get a Diablo 4 ce box for it laters, otherwise no deal!

I honestly thought they'd reveal an actual expansion before the pre-orders come out, this is basically just a large patch.

I really don't understand how anyone would throw their money at this ahead of time, this looks even more bare-bones than WoD did but at least WoD had the premise of an interesting story going forward, after their worst 2 expansions, instead of deciding to go the legion route they pretty much did the WoD skip straight into BFA lol, this isn't even disappointing anymore it's just pathetic.

Unless season 4 gets announced that it will start before end July, then no chance of Dragonflight being ready this year, however it is important to note that they only developing 4 new dungeons compared to 8 at the start of most expansions. The other 4 will be from previous expansions. So in some ways less initial content but they are redoing the UI and a new class.

This is just for pre order box sales nothing more nothing less.

Quote Originally Posted by Flower Milk View Post
    Um, did you just forget about them reworking the entire talent system or ...? Rushing that out without extensive testing is going to not be great for a core system of the game.
    Uhh you do realize all the talents are things that already exist, right? It's probably the easiest thing they could add, the only thing that really needs to be tested is making sure you have enough points to make a playable build, which can basically already be tested just by knowing what the talent options look like.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Of course they have started testing, ages ago...
    I mean public testing. I feel 6 months of players testing > providing feedback > iterating > new feedback > etc. is just too short for something as central to the game as talents for example.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    It's basically july, which means they have 5 months to alpha and beta test and release it. Ouch.
    Only way it's not gonna be hella rushed, if it they've spend the last 5+ months working on it, instead of SL - which I suppose makes sense.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann