Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Scarab Lord
    Quote Originally Posted by Traveler Voltin View Post
    idiots. this will be rushed trash.
    wtf happened to taking your time with one?
    Obviously the beancounters are in charge and don't care/understand their own product/audience.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    In each of these cases they've also shown little about the story, the content etc. but instead talked a lot about those systems they were implementing. So yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if alpha launched very soon and all of the content gets unlocked within the next month or two.
    Also note that at Blizzcon they would have a playable demo, which was how they were "showing what they have so far". There was no Blizzcon this time, so there was no playable demo.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    Everyone is upset its "rushed" with zero evidence to that, yet no one bats an eye at the fact they're raising the price $10 and giving less than any other expansion ever?
    Yup. I noticed that too.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    they have shown next to nothing, but you are making grand declarations as facts anyway?

1. You have no clue where they are in development.

2. he reveal is usually done in November the year before the release at BLizzcon. The announcement was 5 months after that since they did not have a Blizzcon. So they should be 5 months further along than they normally are
    3. They usually show off what they have with the playable demo, not during the announcement itself. Since there was no Blizzcon, there was zero reason to have a playable demo.

4.And this goes back to #1, your either or proposition is not guaranteed. You can every easily have the 3rd option which is a release like the others.

5. There is not set rule for how long Alpha and beta last. YOu can easily have a short alpha and go right into beta. It is all one big testing process and the terms are basically to represent where they are in testing. A 6 month testing process is 6 months whether alpha is 1 month and beta 5 months, or alpha is 3 months and beta is 6 months. It is all fluid.

You don't have any answers, so stop acting like you have all of them.
    Okay clearly, I don’t have any answers. I’m telling you what I think. If you believe I was making a conclusion set in stone then you may need to work on your critical thinking skills.

Based on how blizzard handles expansions, through the examples I just gave, this is the conclusion I came to. I was saying this because people are all acting like they could be light years ahead of schedule or way ahead of where we think they are, and I listed reasons why this wouldn’t make any sense considering how blizzard normally handles expansions.

If you want to believe blizzard is doing an unprecedented move of just randomly keeping quiet about everything involved in the expansion, you go right ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Cayde69 View Post
    Okay clearly, I don’t have any answers. I’m telling you what I think. If you believe I was making a conclusion set in stone then you may need to work on your critical thinking skills.

Based on how blizzard handles expansions, through the examples I just gave, this is the conclusion I came to. I was saying this because people are all acting like they could be light years ahead of schedule or way ahead of where we think they are, and I listed reasons why this wouldn’t make any sense considering how blizzard normally handles expansions.

If you want to believe blizzard is doing an unprecedented move of just randomly keeping quiet about everything involved in the expansion, you go right ahead.
    Please, you were literally talking down to people who think the expansion is far along,implied they were wrong and then staed how things really are. ANd now you just did it again. You are literally implying that you are right and everyone that disagrees with you is wrong,

These are different times. As I stated before, there was no BLizzcon and therefore they could not have a palyable demo to "show you what they have so far". I also told you, which you ignored, the fact that they normally announce these things at Blizzcon in November, which did not happen this time. Until alpha starts, all yuo got was the playable demo and the announcement.

The people who think they are far ahead on development have an opinion that is just as valid as yours. Stop acting like theirs does not count and that only yours does.

It was wc3 and I’m not saying it isn’t blizzards fault but that was just a scuffed project all around, I don’t even think they made it.
    True but we've also seen the end result of rushed expansions and when people were moved around and the result was WoD but did yield Legion which was a far better improvement than its predecessor. 6months for expected release date and no alpha or beta yet. Doesn't give me a happy feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by panda040 View Post
    Ok but, why did they cover Alexstraza's belly?
    Because Blizzard got Woke. Can't show skin now. Hell I couldn't make a guild called "Black Dragonflight". All because of the word black???? how is a color, sorry shade offensive. White or green dragonflight was not a problem.

Mob rules. very sad.

Please, you were literally talking down to people who think the expansion is far along,implied they were wrong and then staed how things really are. ANd now you just did it again. You are literally implying that you are right and everyone that disagrees with you is wrong,

These are different times. As I stated before, there was no BLizzcon and therefore they could not have a palyable demo to "show you what they have so far". I also told you, which you ignored, the fact that they normally announce these things at Blizzcon in November, which did not happen this time. Until alpha starts, all yuo got was the playable demo and the announcement.

The people who think they are far ahead on development have an opinion that is just as valid as yours. Stop acting like theirs does not count and that only yours does.
    Yes, I THINK it’s stupid to come to those conclusions. I gave you reasons why I think it’s stupid. That doesn’t mean I actually exactly how far along they are. Jesus Christ dude

Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post
    Obviously the beancounters are in charge and don't care/understand their own product/audience.
    i might be remembering wrong but didnt they say in the dragonflight announcement video that they were taking their time with this one?
    releasing in 2022 doesnt seem like that right now. we have no alpha or beta announcement but preorders are up. this really does feel like rushing
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Yes, I THINK it’s stupid to come to those conclusions. I gave you reasons why I think it’s stupid. That doesn’t mean I actually exactly how far along they are. Jesus Christ dude
    You are sitting on your high horse looking down at people while you declare them wrong. I told you why that attitude is stupid. Their opinion is just as valid as yours. Just respect it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler Voltin View Post
    i might be remembering wrong but didnt they say in the dragonflight announcement video that they were taking their time with this one?
    releasing in 2022 doesnt seem like that right now. we have no alpha or beta announcement but preorders are up. this really does feel like rushing
    They never said that. In fact, they said the alpha was coming soon.

Fuck, another rushed expansion... I had hopes for this one, but why bother anymore!

Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    The expansion has next to nothing in it, it's not rushed lol. This is the smallest expansion they've done in a while
    How can you say that? We dont even know of much Dungeons, Raids, Battlegrounds, Arenas etc we are getting. Its the smallest Addon compared to features noone asked for and that were annoying mendatory (Thorgast) or just boring (Warfronts, Island Expiditions).

i rather take an Addon without these "Features" to get more Dungeons, Raids and Bosses.

Beside that we dont know how large are the Zones, how the outworld content will be and most imporatnt: How far they are in Development. With the Lack of something like thorgast, warfronts, azerit, artifact power etc they can development much faster for sure.
    Last edited by saixilein; 2022-06-22 at 04:07 PM.

You are sitting on your high horse looking down at people while you declare them wrong. I told you why that attitude is stupid. Their opinion is just as valid as yours. Just respect it.
    Yeah buddy and my opinion is that you have to be stupid to come to that conclusion. Just because someone has a different opinion doesn’t automatically mean I have to respect it, idk what lollipop land you think you live in but that’s not how this works.

If blizzard has had a set behavior and pattern for certain things, and you decide you want to give them the benefit of the doubt and look past those patterns over and over and over and over and over and over again while they release rushed products that are unfinished time and time and time and time again, I think you’re stupid. Plain and simple. I think you’re even more stupid if you justify these thoughts with statements like “they didn’t have a blizzcon so it all makes sense” or with things like “the expansion doesn’t have much in it anyway so it makes sense if there doesn’t need to be as much testing”.

That is my opinion. I think you are an extremely stupid person to come to those conclusions. And no, I do not have to respect them at all.

They never said that. In fact, they said the alpha was coming soon.
    I love how “soon” is such a meme now everyone makes fun of it and you’re sitting here actually using it as a literal source for progression.

“BLIZZARD SAID SOON GUYS COME ON”

Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post
    Seeing the rabid fanboys here lap it up either way kinda gives the impression they know their remaining audience rather well tbh...
    #1) MMO-C should be glad that the British Empire is no more, because they'd want a piece of all the copium trade here.
    #2) Angry players come to the forums to complain about the game... but what loser only comes to the forums to complain about the forums and its users?
    #3)Felating Blizzard too eagerly may lead to oxygen deficiency and worst case asphyxiation. Long-term effects range from delusions up to cerebral necrosis. #4) The WoW playerbase doesn't deserve housing.

Yeah buddy and my opinion is that you have to be stupid to come to that conclusion. Just because someone has a different opinion doesn’t automatically mean I have to respect it, idk what lollipop land you think you live in but that’s not how this works.

If blizzard has had a set behavior and pattern for certain things, and you decide you want to give them the benefit of the doubt and look past those patterns over and over and over and over and over and over again while they release rushed products that are unfinished time and time and time and time again, I think you’re stupid. Plain and simple. I think you’re even more stupid if you justify these thoughts with statements like “they didn’t have a blizzcon so it all makes sense” or with things like “the expansion doesn’t have much in it anyway so it makes sense if there doesn’t need to be as much testing”.

That is my opinion. I think you are an extremely stupid person to come to those conclusions. And no, I do not have to respect them at all.

I love how “soon” is such a meme now everyone makes fun of it and you’re sitting here actually using it as a literal source for progression.

“BLIZZARD SAID SOON GUYS COME ON”
    Since all you are going to do is insult people, call me names, and continue to be immature while refusing to act like an adult, we are done here.
    Last edited by rrayy; 2022-06-22 at 04:12 PM.

SIn e all youa re going to do is insult people, call me names and continue to arrogantly declare yourself correct, we are done here.
    There was nothing here in the first place. Your counter was “WELL WE DONT KNOW WHERE THEY ARE IN DEVELOPMENT SOOO”.

Great contribution

There was nothing here in the first place. Your counter was “WELL WE DONT KNOW WHERE THEY ARE IN DEVELOPMENT SOOO”.

Great contribution
    Says the guy who is calling names, making personal attacks, and insulting people.

I gave a rebuttal to your preaching. You even admitted you don't actually have the answers. Again, we are done here.
    Last edited by rrayy; 2022-06-22 at 04:19 PM.

I gave a rebuttal to your preaching. You even admitted you don't actually have the answers. Again, we are done here.
    The fact that you think this is something worth mentioning like you had to have someone “admit” that to you, proves your intelligence.

Lol, to the people saying this expansion is barebones: you clearly have a short memory or weren't playing when Cataclysm was released.
    Matt Damon