Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cayde69 View Post
    And for legion it took ~6 months of alpha testing to enter the beta testing. Just because they have the assets and the world finished doesn’t mean it’s ‘finished’ shit needs tested.
    The real testers are and always have been their own paid employees. That's been the case forever and not just at Blizzard, but everywhere in the industry. You're totally overestimating the impact of what the playerbase contributes.

Also I wouldn’t be ‘aiming’ for a BFA release. That’s not something you should be aiming for at all. BfA was rushed too and they completely ignored any and all issues the systems had during beta. If dragonflight ends up like BfA then it IS rushed and that’s not a good thing.
    And yet the BfA public testing phase was longer than Legion's. Adding to that, iirc the entire Azerite system was put up for testing in BfA's beta just weeks before the release. Other than that, BfA's content itself wasn't rushed at all. Considering it released with 2 continents and a total of 6 leveling zones, warfronts, island expeditions, a raid and plenty of dungeons with little to no bugs, it was easily the largest release since Cata.

With Dragonflight we can be pretty sure that we'll see the new talent system right away and endgame "systems" like tier sets in a few weeks after. Considering that we should see a longer testing period of what we got in BfA and SL for endgame gameplay stuff.

All in all, I could be wrong and the current alpha could be in a very unfinished state right now, but we can't tell for sure either way and what you're saying is likewise just speculation or a very uneducated guess at best.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Also note that at Blizzcon they would have a playable demo, which was how they were "showing what they have so far". There was no Blizzcon this time, so there was no playable demo.
    Yeah I forgot about that completely. Also, A MASSIVE AMOUNT of information we got for the next expansions came from their Q&A sessions too, which we also just couldn't have this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Yeah I forgot about that completely. Also, A MASSIVE AMOUNT of information we got for the next expansions came from their Q&A sessions too, which we also just couldn't have this time around.
    I forgot the Q&A's. BUt yeah, that is another thing unable to be done.

Didn't ion say in his latest interview that they start making the next expansion as soon as the current one is released? Unless I'm not remembering it right. So it's not completely out of the realm of possibility that the expansion is going as planned.

But then again ion has said a lot of things that always end up as the complete opposite and blizzard have shown no signs of life as of late so who knows it might probably just crash and burn.

Quote Originally Posted by Skylarking View Post
    Didn't ion say in his latest interview that they start making the next expansion as soon as the current one is released? Unless I'm not remembering it right. So it's not completely out of the realm of possibility that the expansion is going as planned.
    They are usually two expansions ahead, at least in concept and general direction. Obviously they can't shift all the resources to working on an expansion until the prior one is released since the priority is the upcoming one, but there they usually have a general roadmap planned out much further than just one expansion ahead.

Or, at least, that is how it was historically for a very long time. I can't definitely say they still operate this way. I think the teams that work on WoW have shrunk over the years as the game ages, so I don't know if they are still able to maintain that, but that is how they have functioned for years and years. I would be very surprised if they weren't working at least one expansion ahead still.
    Currently Unavailable - Please Contact Another Global

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| youtube | twitch | twitter |

needs to include SL, previous expac like they have done in the past

60 boost in 148 gear is not ready to start DF

Quote Originally Posted by pinkz View Post

They seem to be really trying to pull every trick in the book to just see how much money they can get away with taking.

Quote Originally Posted by Cayde69 View Post
    They seem to be really trying to pull every trick in the book to just see how much money they can get away with taking.
    to be fair, ATVI quarterly earnings is coming up, so SL being made free or included may come later

Quote Originally Posted by pinkz View Post

SL will become part of the base game as soon as the DF prepatch launches. It's been this way since WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    With Dragonflight we can be pretty sure that we'll see the new talent system right away and endgame "systems" like tier sets in a few weeks after. Considering that we should see a longer testing period of what we got in BfA and SL for endgame gameplay stuff.- - - Updated - - -
    Honestly I fully expect the talent system to be dropped in whatever is the pre-patch event, as I can't imagine there won't be one.
    Matt Damon

Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    But I guess its gonna be another expac where feedback is ignored during beta and only fixed during 10.3
    They've made TWO massive changes based on feedback... so maybe you've not been paying attention.

Due to COVID-19, Germany is running out of sausages and cheese.
    The government considers this to be the Wurst Käse scenario

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    They've made TWO massive changes based on feedback... so maybe you've not been paying attention.
    Talking about Dragonflight. No, they haven't.

The pins are bad...

I know they were a part of SL CE Box, but it shouldn't be a norm... They're ugly and I didn't even wear them once. I'd rather see something like we had in BFA, the fake-wood(plastic) stand with a heavy metal medallion with the Horde/Alliance symbols that could be a decoration on a desk/shelf.

I don't know, maybe a dragon skull statue? Or something like that. Not cheap-made pins that are worth like 1,50$...

Quote Originally Posted by mgvsquared View Post
    Lol, to the people saying this expansion is barebones: you clearly have a short memory or weren't playing when Cataclysm was released.
    I think YOU have short memory. Cataclysm revamped a load of old world zones and revamped the questing experience. That is vastly more content than Dragonflight will bring.
    That on top of the max level zones and flying on the Eastern kingdoms and Kalimdor.
    Cataclysm was crap, but it was cause it was overly ambitious.

Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    Talking about Dragonflight. No, they haven't.
    OK, so you've not been paying attention - thanks for clarifying that.

Due to COVID-19, Germany is running out of sausages and cheese.
    The government considers this to be the Wurst Käse scenario

OK, so you've not been paying attention - thanks for clarifying that.
    You're just trolling at this point. Good to know. Ignored.

Fuck me, $172 plus another $52 in shipping, then tax and according to them likely duty fees. Hope this Legend company will not be the sole source for the collector edition box.

I havnt been keeping up - what two massive changes have they made?
    Quote Originally Posted by Exkrementor View Post
    Nobody uses Online forums anymore.

Should be fine, it is focusing so much more on class gameplay compared to content this time around. Its not much more content than TBC had tbf.

Tuning is the one thing to worry about, which they won't get perfect anyway.
    - Everything that lives is designed to end. We are perpetually trapped in a never ending spiral of life and death. Is this a curse? Or some kind of punishment? I often think about the god who blessed us with this cryptic puzzle… and wonder if we’ll ever get the chance to kill him.

This has delayed until 2023 written all over it