Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    As far as I know F&F isn't even live yet only internal testing.
    No beta date(s)
    Massive Diablo Immortal cash grab failure
    No PvE at launch of OW2
    Yeah my confidence for this expansion is at rock bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by Flower Milk View Post
    Um, did you just forget about them reworking the entire talent system or ...? Rushing that out without extensive testing is going to not be great for a core system of the game.
    As much as he's being very pessimist, I doubt the talent rework will be that much of a game gamer (ba dum tssshh). WoW has been good in the past and could be good still, but I mean, it will still be the same game at the end of the day. The new talent is interesting but I bet most people will just go on icy-veins and get the cookie cutter build. The pessimism is showing to not come from nowhere when the talent preview has pretty much shown that we won't have that much originality between specs. Maybe a bit more hybridization but it remains to be shown if that will actually be useful or not. For my main (enh sham), I really wonder what will happen since the premise of the spec is to melee while throwing instant powered up version of elemental spells, so I'm curious if we'll see enh divided between going full enh and going more into spellcasting to get some big nukes. Not sure the other way around would be all that interesting tho, and sadly, I think it's going to be like this for a lot of classes. Just look at druid, you're basically forced to put your extra points in resto because everything else will just make you more of an hybrid which in most cases, won't really help the group. "I'm feral with a lot of points into guardian, so I can off tank if something happen!" So basically you put talent points into something that depend on others failing... It's even more baffling if the person would put points into boomkin because then it basically depend on fight where they just can't melee at all, which happen but isn't all that common.

We'll see what happens and beta will probably give a better idea of how it feels like (plus all the changes that will probably happen) but all of this to say, I don't think the new talent trees will be that revolutionary. With the preview, you're basically ending up with a very similar toolset as right now but instead of learning things automatically, you gotta talent it.

5+ Year Old Account
    summer sale my ass...once more they don't have sale on lvl boost...I have to grind it out in those horrid zones on my alts..

I hate that I've become so skeptical that a part of me thinks (hopes?) that this is some kind of stunt where they push it back "based on the overwhelming feedback from the community, we really appreciate you giving us more time to make this the best expansion possible, so we've made the hard decision to push the release date back".

Everyone whining about the lack of testing access like they're not going to announce the Beta for August giving a ton of time to test.

I'm still shocked it's this year but they did state in an interview it was already in development in some aspects before Shadowlands.

I'm not arguing people should give them the benefit of the doubt, just saying that a Beta announcement could be made extremely soon and this is just part of the usual hype build up.

Expect more interviews and announcements over the coming weeks to push this further.

BfA announced November 3rd 2017
    Released August 14th 2018
    -9 months, 11 days

Dragonflight announced April 19th 2022
    Released December 31st (last possible date)
    -8 months, 12 days

Hmm...

Quote Originally Posted by mmocfd1b0ab5a3 View Post
    Please explain how is it rushed? Am I missing something because just looking at Legion:

The release date announcement for Legion was on April 18th 2016, beta was on May 15th 2016 and release date was August 30th 2016. Thats about 4 months between date announcement and release date and previous expac was less than 2 years.

Dragonflight date announced June 21th 2022 and release is on or before December 31th 2022. Thats up to 6 months between date announcement and release date and previous expac lasted up to 2 years 1 month.

Thats just one example.
    All the people whining just have no idea what they're talking about. You're correct in how Blizzard typically handled their timelines.

TBC's beta began on October 12th and the game launched Jan 16th. 3 months of testing.

WOTLK's beta began July 17th and the game launched Nov 13th. 4 months of testing.

Cata's beta began June 30th and the game launched Dec 7. 5 months of testing.

The good ol days people LOVED WoW? Three to four months of beta testing. The days people said WoW was going down hill? Five months of testing (which is the norm now.) if they release a beta by July-August and have the game launch Nov-Dec then we'll be looking at a completely normal timeline for WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    If he’s right about the beta date though then yeah DF could very well be ready by year’s end. Legion had lots of new stuff whereas DF doesn’t have as much
    We don’t even know if they are in alpha yet. Also, the time it took from legion to be announced to have a beta would have been 9 months. When was dragonflight announced like April? That’s for sure way wayyy faster than legion.

Also what did legion have that dragonflight doesn’t? Legion had a new class. Dragonflight has a new class. Both had new zones. Dragonflight has well dragonflight, and legion had artifact weapons I guess?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by druvirus View Post
    All the people whining just have no idea what they're talking about. You're correct in how Blizzard typically handled their timelines.

TBC's beta began on October 12th and the game launched Jan 16th. 3 months of testing.

WOTLK's beta began July 17th and the game launched Nov 13th. 4 months of testing.

Cata's beta began June 30th and the game launched Dec 7. 5 months of testing.

The good ol days people LOVED WoW? Three to four months of beta testing. The days people said WoW was going down hill? Five months of testing (which is the norm now.) if they release a beta by July-August and have the game launch Nov-Dec then we'll be looking at a completely normal timeline for WoW.
    Okay now compare the times they were announced to when the beta opened. You can’t make these connections considering we don’t even have a beta yet.

Little bewildered at the conclusions some people are drawing-

Arent the people crying over Dragonflight being rushed, the same people who cried over how Shadowlands was a failed expac, and Blizz should abandon that bastardization of Warcraft lore back in like... spring 2021? Did we just forget that Shadowlands devs moved on to 'the next expansion' before Chains of Domination was even released, because Blizz knew they had narrative plot holes they couldn't fill, thus content was going to blow chunks?

I'm confused what standard these people have, or if they're actually paying attention?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    BfA announced November 3rd 2017
    Released August 14th 2018
    -9 months, 11 days

Dragonflight announced April 19th 2022
    Released December 31st (last possible date)
    -8 months, 12 days

Hmm...
    Lol and BfA was one of it not the most rushed expansion yet so that’s not lookin good folks

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Napoliane View Post
    Little bewildered at the conclusions some people are drawing-

Arent the people crying over Dragonflight being rushed, the same people who cried over how Shadowlands was a failed expac, and Blizz should abandon that bastardization of Warcraft lore back in like... spring 2021? Did we just forget that Shadowlands devs moved on to 'the next expansion' before Chains of Domination was even released, because Blizz knew they had narrative plot holes they couldn't fill, thus content was going to blow chunks?

I'm confused what standard these people have, or if they're actually paying attention?
    Because it sounds like they are rushing the expansion which leads to… bad expansions? Where’s the part that you got lost

Zero inclination to buy this.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    *Throws Credit Card at the laptop*

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Zero inclination to buy this.
    Yep, compared to previous "Pay us an extortionate amount of money and get this extra cool stuff!!" expansion editions, this one is very lacklustre.

Seems kinda rushed... is there even an announcement for the date of the next patch?

Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    The issue is that they haven't started testing.
    Didn't know you work at Blizzard

No way...this year? Is this real life?
    No one was expecting that

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cayde69 View Post
    We don’t even know if they are in alpha yet. Also, the time it took from legion to be announced to have a beta would have been 9 months. When was dragonflight announced like April? That’s for sure way wayyy faster than legion.

Also what did legion have that dragonflight doesn’t? Legion had a new class. Dragonflight has a new class. Both had new zones. Dragonflight has well dragonflight, and legion had artifact weapons I guess?
    Legions alpha was 6 months, Beta 3. As for what Legion had extra I think the artifact weapons would’ve taken up a lot of time, as well as testing mythic+ which was a new feature. Emissaries, World quests were also new. None of these things will be new in DF, and I suspect they’ve been working on DF for a while - which is why we’ve had fuck all SL content. Gotta wait for the alpha to be sure though, when that comes out we will see

Quote Originally Posted by Austilias View Post
    Yep, compared to previous "Pay us an extortionate amount of money and get this extra cool stuff!!" expansion editions, this one is very lacklustre.
    That I trust the devs about as far as I can throw them also has something to do with it.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    yes physicals edition is on the gear store already

https://gear.blizzard.com/products/w...collectors-set
    Awesome thank you.

It hasn't been 24h since I mentioned in another thread that there is only one constant and it is that Blizzard never learns. I didn't think Blizzard would prove me right this quick tbh, I'm quite flabberghasted. I mean do they honestly believe they can shit out a decent expansion in less than 6 months? ROFL.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.