Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    People acting like they're not going to buy Dragonflight.
    Was just talking to my partner about this. We've been preordering these damn expansions since BC. We know we're whores and we know we're gonna do it, even after saying we won't. We can either give in now, or after much pissing and moaning later.

Preordering presently.

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    People acting like they're not going to buy Dragonflight.

Meanwhile, they're reaching for their credit cards or WoW Tokens so they can get the new shinies from pre-ordering
    Don’t preorder! Buy it after release! It makes a huge difference. And will send a message to blizz! /s

Quote Originally Posted by JSoup View Post
    Was just talking to my partner about this. We've been preordering these damn expansions since BC. We know we're whores and we know we're gonna do it, even after saying we won't. We can either give in now, or after much pissing and moaning later.

Preordering presently.
    "yes milk dumbfucks till cow is dead" - Blizzard

Shadowlands is still in beta state and they are coming up with an expansion? wow.

Oh I’ve pre ordered every expansion since Wrath, but after the last two will not be ordering this one. Will I buy it? Sure. But I’m not rewarding Blizz for the last two years by flooding them with money today.

Quote Originally Posted by Raxacorico View Post
    Correct, they have to ship within 12 months from today because of a law in Europe, I think Germany has it, not sure about other countries.

Edit: Companies cannot sell pre-orders without firm release date set prior to the announcement.
    True, and even still if they push back the date the law is just set in place to allow them to get refunds if they want. It’s not like Germany will ban the sale of the video game or something. I honestly have no clue where people get this idea that Blizzard or other companies are somehow legally tied to the dates they set. They literally postponed wc3 just a couple of years ago by how long? Like a year and a half or something?

10+ Year Old Account
    People missing the real news coming out today:

https://www.wowhead.com/news/lil-urs...rd-shop-327440

There's a new encrypted 10.0 build on their CDN, so it's possible that beta will come out very soon.

Color me surprised at the timeframe, as everybody else seems to be.
    Definitely going to wait out the release first, see how it works out. Even a short expansion can be good if the quality is good, but i've gotta admit i've some scepticism.
    Then again they may have saved some time with SL's effective abandonment? We'll see.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ianus View Post
    There's no harm in pre-ordering if you're going to buy it.

Why are you on a site dedicated to WoW if you're not playing WoW?
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to be devil's advocate here and say that I don't believe this is entirely rushed. If you look at the content drought throughout Shadowlands, an entire patch seemingly cut from the expansion. It does seem like the development team went full steam ahead on Dragonflight since early Shadowlands launch. I'll admit that it's very concerning that we still don't even have an alpha and they are announcing it will launch by the end of the year. I really hope they do an open beta for this expansion to really stress test the game as much as possible. I have the feeling this expansion is going to repeat the bottleneck quest issues that plagued Cataclysm and WoD launch. Hopefully they pre-patch the Dracthyr so people can play test the class and get it ready for launch date, like they did with Demon Hunter.

Seems Blizzard wants to end the year with two major launch titles, Dragonflight and Overwatch 2. Even if they have to pick up the pieces of a disaster launch in the following year.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

If the beta comes out in the next week or so, that gives it 5+ months of testing before release.

How is that compared historically to previous beta timeframes?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dystemper View Post
    feels rushed
    bobby out, microsoft in

bobby needs his last big check!

Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    If the beta comes out in the next week or so, that gives it 5+ months of testing before release.

First there has to be an official alpha.
    Alpha to release timeframes has been 6-8 months the last few expacs.

Does it even matter that much? Seems like 5 months is enough to betatest just about anything, assuming you're doing it effectively.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianus View Post
    exactly. or until Microsoft takes over.

Also Blizzard wants Diablo IV released by June 2023, no later.

When they showed the game off earlier this month, lots of people heard them say it'll be out in no more than 12 months at the latest.

Lots of speculation D4 comes out April - June 2023 which will be their big money maker to start the new year.

Surprised to see people whining about a rushed expansion, as if we havent been whining about them taking too long for the past whoever knows how long

That would be fairly average compared to others. But the thing is, they haven’t even announced the friends and family alpha yet. People were speculating that the friends and family alpha MIGHT start next month. So if beta started next week then that would be an unprecedented shift in how fast they even got to a beta.

10+ Year Old Account
    How crazy would it be if they did like FFXIV and have literally no beta?

They would never ofc. They don't have the QA people to do that.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines