Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    "Too soon Executus, too soon." I am wondering if they are refusing to learn from their past mistakes. Don't rush this once again!

Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    I mean public testing.
    Ah, well public testing isn't as much required when there isn't a lot of new 'tech' in the game - as is the case with Dragonflight.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    I think they have one big advantage for Dragonflight, no complex intertwined borrowed powers (artefact, legos, covenants etc etc) to attempt to implement.

For the most part - they are just implementing a system which is currently working in classic - classic talents, and new content.

In theory it should be the least complicated expansion in years.
    And no Torghast which I imagine to be a massive resource sink as well. And we probably shouldn't underestimate the headache that the Maw posed to the developers.

Quote Originally Posted by Metta World Peace View Post
    That's beautiful but Blizzard can't afford to fail on this one. For once, Blizzard aren't the top dog anymore and people are (still) leaving the game.
    people were leaving the game since vanila, and saying blizz "cant afford to fail this time" since about cata, with "Game is dying and *current expansion* is worst thing ever since TBC...

Quote Originally Posted by Hightotemz View Post
    Unless season 4 gets announced that it will start before end July, then no chance of Dragonflight being ready this year, however it is important to note that they only developing 4 new dungeons compared to 8 at the start of most expansions. The other 4 will be from previous expansions. So in some ways less initial content but they are redoing the UI and a new class.
    That's false, there will be 8 new dungeons at the start of the expansion - but only 4 of them will be in the Season 1 m+ rotation.

And suddenly all the doomsayers and experts come out of the woodwork.
    I <3 JK Rowling.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
    Suddenly? Have you read the MMO forums before? I am surprised there's even one or two sensible replies here....

6 months from now means that it’s basically done and almost no changes will be made.

Let’s hope classes and specs will be balanced enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    More I think about it, no way Dragonflight comes out this year.

Heck to come out in December, and no beta yet, that'd only be like 5 months of beta testing before release. Which as far as I know has never happened, typically 6 to 8 months is the norm for beta, which puts the release more like Feb to April.
    actualy, beta was 3-5 months afaik, with BFA and SL actualy being on the longer side and tbc/wrath on shorter...

Quote Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
    And so do the Blizzard Defense Force, telling us absolutely nothing is wrong and WoW is doing better than ever.

After two straight failed expansions, of course they want another Legion (which only seemed good compared to WoD). It's already astonishing that their management tolerated those failures and didn't set a new direction and/or change up staff. That doesn't take expertise, that's not being blindly ignorant of how businesses work.

Release in six months absolutely means DF is either rushed or SL was more or less abandoned WoD style to focus on DF. This is common sense with precedent. Again, no expertise needed, just basic observational skills and logic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    people were leaving the game since vanila, and saying blizz "cant afford to fail this time" since about cata, with "Game is dying and *current expansion* is worst thing ever since TBC...
    While very true it has to be noted that sooner or later they are going to be inevitably correct. All things die, the question is just "When?".

But yeah i do agree with your sentiment at present, even if thete are indeed reasons to worry given BfA and SL.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    While very true it has to be noted that sooner or later they are going to be inevitably correct. All things die, the question is just "When?".

But yeah i do agree with your sentiment at present, even if thete are indeed reasons to worry given BfA and SL.
    It’s more “spare time dies” and mmorpg are games that require a lot of dedication to be competitive.

New gens are not interested in mmorpgs like they were 20 years ago. Gameplay is too slow and it does not rewards short sessions.

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    It’s more “spare time dies” and mmorpg are games that require a lot of dedication to be competitive.

New gens are not interested in mmorpgs like they were 20 years ago. Gameplay is too slow and it does not rewards short sessions.
    Also a factor, true, but not a permanent one.
    In that sense Covid was a blessing, made people think about wtf they were doing with their life, what their hard work was actually worth (which was close to nothing in a nonmonetary sense, as per the lockdowns, and which is barely anything in the monetary sense as well, as per the inflation).

So yeah, that's either going to break something for the better or for the worse, but it's going to change. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Ryzeth View Post
    Way, way too many idiots in this thread screaming about rushed, as though they ONLY started working on it the second the announced it.
    The idiots are the ones that never learn from past mistakes as in trusting Blizzard.
    Last edited by Soimu; 2022-06-22 at 11:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Ah, well public testing isn't as much required when there isn't a lot of new 'tech' in the game - as is the case with Dragonflight.
    Not much about tech, more about getting feedback and making changes. But I guess its gonna be another expac where feedback is ignored during beta and only fixed during 10.3
    I will not reply to posts that are non-constructive or contain flaming and/or trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    Also a factor, true, but not a permanent one.
    In that sense Covid was a blessing, made people think about wtf they were doing with their life, what their hard work was actually worth (which was close to nothing in a nonmonetary sense, as per the lockdowns, and which is barely anything in the monetary sense as well, as per the inflation).

So yeah, that's either going to break something for the better or for the worse, but it's going to change. ^^
    Was just to say that people that started playing in the range 15-25 are now 35-45 and their spare time has drastically decreased. They know, because they played when they could spend 4+ hours a day every day in game, that they will never keep up anymore and quit.

On the other hand, new gens are used to fast and furious games and don’t like having to be engaged in long sessions forever so they don’t sub. My son is 16, I tried many times to make him try WoW out, but it never hooked him. Also none of his friends are into any mmorpg.

Pandemic “helped” somehow but as soon as cycle of life comes back to its “normal” routine, people - again - just unsub.

So is it a test how dedicated the fanbase is? New Year's Eve party vs Wow expansion launch.

Pricey?

Is it just me or does this seem super pricey. What was the price of the physical collector's edition last time? $130 is insane, especially since the top digital edition is only $90. I honestly don't remember if I've ever paid nearly that much for a CE before.

7+ Year Old Account
    This just seems like a bad idea.

And look at those different pre-orders! :O Seems like the marketing team have been doing overtime, because that is a load of crap being loaded into the different pre-orders, jesus christ O.o

This is gonna be rushed, overpriced and with a huge front load of weak content.

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    Was just to say that people that started playing in the range 15-25 are now 35-45 and their spare time has drastically decreased. They know, because they played when they could spend 4+ hours a day every day in game, that they will never keep up anymore and quit.

On the other hand, new gens are used to fast and furious games and don’t like having to be engaged in long sessions forever so they don’t sub. My son is 16, I tried many times to make him try WoW out, but it never hooked him. Also none of his friends are into any mmorpg.

Pandemic “helped” somehow but as soon as cycle of life comes back to its “normal” routine, people - again - just unsub.
    Eh, your free time is not supposed to decrease as you age. That's the primary benefit of the pandemic: People are waking up to that fact.

Sure, if you want certain commitments like i.e. kids, pets, a company or even just a garden, then that takes time. But that's all free choice. Beyond that you should be left with freedom after your 40 hours per week.

Disease is another story of course, but that is not necessarily related to age, more often to bad luck or bad choices (though higher age does allow for more of both).