Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cayde69 View Post
    It was wc3 and I’m not saying it isn’t blizzards fault but that was just a scuffed project all around, I don’t even think they made it.
    True but we've also seen the end result of rushed expansions and when people were moved around and the result was WoD but did yield Legion which was a far better improvement than its predecessor. 6months for expected release date and no alpha or beta yet. Doesn't give me a happy feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by panda040 View Post
    Ok but, why did they cover Alexstraza's belly?
    Because Blizzard got Woke. Can't show skin now. Hell I couldn't make a guild called "Black Dragonflight". All because of the word black???? how is a color, sorry shade offensive. White or green dragonflight was not a problem.

Mob rules. very sad.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Please, you were literally talking down to people who think the expansion is far along,implied they were wrong and then staed how things really are. ANd now you just did it again. You are literally implying that you are right and everyone that disagrees with you is wrong,

These are different times. As I stated before, there was no BLizzcon and therefore they could not have a palyable demo to "show you what they have so far". I also told you, which you ignored, the fact that they normally announce these things at Blizzcon in November, which did not happen this time. Until alpha starts, all yuo got was the playable demo and the announcement.

The people who think they are far ahead on development have an opinion that is just as valid as yours. Stop acting like theirs does not count and that only yours does.
    Yes, I THINK it’s stupid to come to those conclusions. I gave you reasons why I think it’s stupid. That doesn’t mean I actually exactly how far along they are. Jesus Christ dude

Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post
    Obviously the beancounters are in charge and don't care/understand their own product/audience.
    i might be remembering wrong but didnt they say in the dragonflight announcement video that they were taking their time with this one?
    releasing in 2022 doesnt seem like that right now. we have no alpha or beta announcement but preorders are up. this really does feel like rushing
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Yes, I THINK it’s stupid to come to those conclusions. I gave you reasons why I think it’s stupid. That doesn’t mean I actually exactly how far along they are. Jesus Christ dude
    You are sitting on your high horse looking down at people while you declare them wrong. I told you why that attitude is stupid. Their opinion is just as valid as yours. Just respect it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler Voltin View Post
    i might be remembering wrong but didnt they say in the dragonflight announcement video that they were taking their time with this one?
    releasing in 2022 doesnt seem like that right now. we have no alpha or beta announcement but preorders are up. this really does feel like rushing
    They never said that. In fact, they said the alpha was coming soon.

Fuck, another rushed expansion... I had hopes for this one, but why bother anymore!

Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    The expansion has next to nothing in it, it's not rushed lol. This is the smallest expansion they've done in a while
    How can you say that? We dont even know of much Dungeons, Raids, Battlegrounds, Arenas etc we are getting. Its the smallest Addon compared to features noone asked for and that were annoying mendatory (Thorgast) or just boring (Warfronts, Island Expiditions).

i rather take an Addon without these "Features" to get more Dungeons, Raids and Bosses.

Beside that we dont know how large are the Zones, how the outworld content will be and most imporatnt: How far they are in Development. With the Lack of something like thorgast, warfronts, azerit, artifact power etc they can development much faster for sure.
    Last edited by saixilein; 2022-06-22 at 04:07 PM.

You are sitting on your high horse looking down at people while you declare them wrong. I told you why that attitude is stupid. Their opinion is just as valid as yours. Just respect it.
    Yeah buddy and my opinion is that you have to be stupid to come to that conclusion. Just because someone has a different opinion doesn’t automatically mean I have to respect it, idk what lollipop land you think you live in but that’s not how this works.

If blizzard has had a set behavior and pattern for certain things, and you decide you want to give them the benefit of the doubt and look past those patterns over and over and over and over and over and over again while they release rushed products that are unfinished time and time and time and time again, I think you’re stupid. Plain and simple. I think you’re even more stupid if you justify these thoughts with statements like “they didn’t have a blizzcon so it all makes sense” or with things like “the expansion doesn’t have much in it anyway so it makes sense if there doesn’t need to be as much testing”.

That is my opinion. I think you are an extremely stupid person to come to those conclusions. And no, I do not have to respect them at all.

They never said that. In fact, they said the alpha was coming soon.
    I love how “soon” is such a meme now everyone makes fun of it and you’re sitting here actually using it as a literal source for progression.

“BLIZZARD SAID SOON GUYS COME ON”

Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post
    Obviously the beancounters are in charge and don't care/understand their own product/audience.
    Seeing the rabid fanboys here lap it up either way kinda gives the impression they know their remaining audience rather well tbh...
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Yeah buddy and my opinion is that you have to be stupid to come to that conclusion. Just because someone has a different opinion doesn’t automatically mean I have to respect it, idk what lollipop land you think you live in but that’s not how this works.

If blizzard has had a set behavior and pattern for certain things, and you decide you want to give them the benefit of the doubt and look past those patterns over and over and over and over and over and over again while they release rushed products that are unfinished time and time and time and time again, I think you’re stupid. Plain and simple. I think you’re even more stupid if you justify these thoughts with statements like “they didn’t have a blizzcon so it all makes sense” or with things like “the expansion doesn’t have much in it anyway so it makes sense if there doesn’t need to be as much testing”.

That is my opinion. I think you are an extremely stupid person to come to those conclusions. And no, I do not have to respect them at all.

I love how “soon” is such a meme now everyone makes fun of it and you’re sitting here actually using it as a literal source for progression.

“BLIZZARD SAID SOON GUYS COME ON”
    Since all you are going to do is insult people, call me names, and continue to be immature while refusing to act like an adult, we are done here.
    Last edited by rrayy; 2022-06-22 at 04:12 PM.

SIn e all youa re going to do is insult people, call me names and continue to arrogantly declare yourself correct, we are done here.
    There was nothing here in the first place. Your counter was “WELL WE DONT KNOW WHERE THEY ARE IN DEVELOPMENT SOOO”.

Great contribution

There was nothing here in the first place. Your counter was “WELL WE DONT KNOW WHERE THEY ARE IN DEVELOPMENT SOOO”.

Great contribution
    Says the guy who is calling names, making personal attacks, and insulting people.

I gave a rebuttal to your preaching. You even admitted you don't actually have the answers. Again, we are done here.
    Last edited by rrayy; 2022-06-22 at 04:19 PM.

I gave a rebuttal to your preaching. You even admitted you don't actually have the answers. Again, we are done here.
    The fact that you think this is something worth mentioning like you had to have someone “admit” that to you, proves your intelligence.

Lol, to the people saying this expansion is barebones: you clearly have a short memory or weren't playing when Cataclysm was released.
    Matt Damon

And for legion it took ~6 months of alpha testing to enter the beta testing. Just because they have the assets and the world finished doesn’t mean it’s ‘finished’ shit needs tested.
    The real testers are and always have been their own paid employees. That's been the case forever and not just at Blizzard, but everywhere in the industry. You're totally overestimating the impact of what the playerbase contributes.

Also I wouldn’t be ‘aiming’ for a BFA release. That’s not something you should be aiming for at all. BfA was rushed too and they completely ignored any and all issues the systems had during beta. If dragonflight ends up like BfA then it IS rushed and that’s not a good thing.
    And yet the BfA public testing phase was longer than Legion's. Adding to that, iirc the entire Azerite system was put up for testing in BfA's beta just weeks before the release. Other than that, BfA's content itself wasn't rushed at all. Considering it released with 2 continents and a total of 6 leveling zones, warfronts, island expeditions, a raid and plenty of dungeons with little to no bugs, it was easily the largest release since Cata.

With Dragonflight we can be pretty sure that we'll see the new talent system right away and endgame "systems" like tier sets in a few weeks after. Considering that we should see a longer testing period of what we got in BfA and SL for endgame gameplay stuff.

All in all, I could be wrong and the current alpha could be in a very unfinished state right now, but we can't tell for sure either way and what you're saying is likewise just speculation or a very uneducated guess at best.

- - - Updated - - -

Also note that at Blizzcon they would have a playable demo, which was how they were "showing what they have so far". There was no Blizzcon this time, so there was no playable demo.
    Yeah I forgot about that completely. Also, A MASSIVE AMOUNT of information we got for the next expansions came from their Q&A sessions too, which we also just couldn't have this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Yeah I forgot about that completely. Also, A MASSIVE AMOUNT of information we got for the next expansions came from their Q&A sessions too, which we also just couldn't have this time around.
    I forgot the Q&A's. BUt yeah, that is another thing unable to be done.

7+ Year Old Account
    Didn't ion say in his latest interview that they start making the next expansion as soon as the current one is released? Unless I'm not remembering it right. So it's not completely out of the realm of possibility that the expansion is going as planned.

But then again ion has said a lot of things that always end up as the complete opposite and blizzard have shown no signs of life as of late so who knows it might probably just crash and burn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skylarking View Post
    Didn't ion say in his latest interview that they start making the next expansion as soon as the current one is released? Unless I'm not remembering it right. So it's not completely out of the realm of possibility that the expansion is going as planned.
    They are usually two expansions ahead, at least in concept and general direction. Obviously they can't shift all the resources to working on an expansion until the prior one is released since the priority is the upcoming one, but there they usually have a general roadmap planned out much further than just one expansion ahead.

Or, at least, that is how it was historically for a very long time. I can't definitely say they still operate this way. I think the teams that work on WoW have shrunk over the years as the game ages, so I don't know if they are still able to maintain that, but that is how they have functioned for years and years. I would be very surprised if they weren't working at least one expansion ahead still.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |