Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Hell yea, I would rock that mount.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

This is the first Murloc mount, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Snowflakesz View Post
    To this day, I just don't understand why some people are so obsessed with mount "rigs"....

On topic, that mounts looks really frikkin' cool, if it's true, it's definitely the best 6 month mount yet.
    Because we end up with shit like the WoD boar mounts at its worst. They could have just reused an elekk skeleton when they made mammoth mounts back in WotLK yet they didn't. Todays Blizz definitely would have.

Quote Originally Posted by Luck4 View Post
    This is the first Murloc mount, isn't it?
    https://www.wowhead.com/item=43599/big-blizzard-bear

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    It's a free bonus if you're already planning to subscribe indefinitely, but subscription numbers historically drop during lulls in new content. These promotions exist to encourage players to stick around when they would otherwise leave.
    Uh... yes, that's exactly what they do. Why do you think online streaming services charge you by the month rather than per minute you watch? Why do you think memberships and subscriptions to just about anything cost less when you buy them in bulk? There's nothing to "loathe" here - a 12 month subscription means a service can fund development upfront and allows businesses to make long-term decisions, rather than only knowing month to month how much money they may or may not have.

You help them, they provide you something in return.

Hmm... I think this one is technically a bear mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Nzx View Post
    Uh... yes, that's exactly what they do. Why do you think online streaming services charge you by the month rather than per minute you watch? Why do you think memberships and subscriptions to just about anything cost less when you buy them in bulk? There's nothing to "loathe" here - a 12 month subscription means a service can fund development upfront and allows businesses to make long-term decisions, rather than only knowing month to month how much money they may or may not have.

You help them, they provide you something in return.
    The problem arises when stuff like this exists while the mounts you can actually earn in-game are all the same five models vaguely reskinned from one another. You want something unique? You want something that they actually put effort into designing? Too bad, you have to shell out the cost of an expansion or greater and lock yourself into a 6-12 month subscription that you're only going to use a fraction of because that's how player interest in expansion releases has functioned for the past decade.

The only "hare-brained take" here is defending Blizzard's gross attempts to wring as much money as they possibly can out of gullible saps like yourself

Quote Originally Posted by Zakaryy View Post

Source

Haven't seen anyone make a thread or talk about this, but then again I'm guessing most people won't care if it's a store mount.
    The Wen Lo tiger promo is about to reach the end of it's life any time now since it'll have been 6months in July
    My only issue is that 6 month subscription mounts are always flying mounts. I can't see how this could be flying mount... Unless it would fly in a huge bubble, Murky style.

Quote Originally Posted by Skirdus View Post
    The problem arises when stuff like this exists while the mounts you can actually earn in-game are all the same five models vaguely reskinned from one another. You want something unique? You want something that they actually put effort into designing? Too bad, you have to shell out the cost of an expansion or greater and lock yourself into a 6-12 month subscription that you're only going to use a fraction of because that's how player interest in expansion releases has functioned for the past decade.
    Here's you in this thread whinging that you can only get this "unique" mount from the store promotion, here's someone else in this thread whinging that the store promotion mount isn't unique. Meanwhile, literally 93% of all mounts in the entire game are acquirable exclusively from in-game content, and the remaining 7% includes CE mounts and TCG mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Skirdus View Post
    The only "hare-brained take" here is defending Blizzard's gross attempts to wring as much money as they possibly can out of gullible saps like yourself
    Given I'm going to be playing the game for the next six months anyway I'd be literally saving money and getting a mount for free if I decided to sub for six months. Get a job, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    This is probably the best 6 month reward IMO. Looks hella cool
    Non of 6 months or any kind if shop mounts are cool. You see people use them couple of days after release and when everybody realize that half of realms use them and owns them they just end up in invetory of hundreds of forgoten mounts. Acessible mounts what everybody gets will never be interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    My only issue is that 6 month subscription mounts are always flying mounts. I can't see how this could be flying mount... Unless it would fly in a huge bubble, Murky style.
    Nope the Illidari Felstalker is a store mount but doesn't fly.....

Yeah I never understood why people had a problem with them rewarding the loyal players who stick around and play the game. It's the same sort of principle as my local pizza place where I sometimes get a free drink with my food because I go there regularly and they like me as a customer. Like others have pointed out you are also saving money by doing the 6 month sub instead of month by month. Getting a mount as a cherry on top feels kinda nice and not something they have to do at all.

Sure you have your players who drop in and drop out around every expansion launch or patch and then disappear for 4 months, but if you're that casual about the game then why do you even care about others getting rewarded for sticking around?

7+ Year Old Account
    Damn that thing is ugly af.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MouseD View Post
    Nope the Illidari Felstalker is a store mount but doesn't fly.....
    The Felstalker was a collector's edition mount first and they have been both ground and flying depending on expansion.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elias1337 View Post
    Non of 6 months or any kind if shop mounts are cool. You see people use them couple of days after release and when everybody realize that half of realms use them and owns them they just end up in invetory of hundreds of forgoten mounts. Acessible mounts what everybody gets will never be interesting.
    I still see a lot of people using Wen-Lo actually, surprisingly enough. I dislike it and don't have it myself.

God... blizz seriously needs to get someone who makes new riggs for mounts... i feel like every mount is either boar, horse or gronn....

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Well ye.. I am talking about that, that it doesnt look like a gronn should be obvious.. cus its a murloc that uses the same animations as the mounts and druid form I pointed out. Its the same rig/model. Feels like you are ignoring me as that was what I was talking about.

They have been reusing those for quite some models since wod? t could have been a walking shark or a monkey mount for all I care.. its still the same thing. Like I said the stance is giving away the whole thing and I wanna bet with you it will use exactly the same animations.
    1. the gronn, druid form ,and sinfall thing DO NOT use the same skeletons, just because they all walk on their front arms and back legs does not make them the same skeleton, its like saying they use the same skeleton as the monkies and gorilla, which they dont

2- how can you not comprehend the difference between a skeleton and a model?

The skeleton is the skeleton
    The model is the flesh
    The texture is the skin

You really think bone and meat are the same thing?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    God... blizz seriously needs to get someone who makes new riggs for mounts... i feel like every mount is either boar, horse or gronn....
    Man i sure do remember...
    The tree
    The giant mega worm
    The moth
    The wasp
    The eagle
    The Wombat
    The housecat
    The spellbook
    The cradle
    The Snail
    The bull
    The LITERAL HAND
    The warpstalker

All from before Shadowlands.

They add new mount rigs every single expansion, TONS of them, but they reuse old rigs, as does every single video game ever, as making rigs is the most difficult part of making a model.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    1. the gronn, druid form ,and sinfall thing DO NOT use the same skeletons, just because they all walk on their front arms and back legs does not make them the same skeleton, its like saying they use the same skeleton as the monkies and gorilla, which they dont

2- how can you not comprehend the difference between a skeleton and a model?

The skeleton is the skeleton
    The model is the flesh
    The texture is the skin

You really think bone and meat are the same thing?

- - - Updated - - -

Man i sure do remember...
    The tree
    The giant mega worm
    The moth
    The wasp
    The eagle
    The Wombat
    The housecat
    The spellbook
    The cradle
    The Snail
    The bull
    The LITERAL HAND
    The warpstalker

All from before Shadowlands.

They add new mount rigs every single expansion, TONS of them, but they reuse old rigs, as does every single video game ever, as making rigs is the most difficult part of making a model.
    Well that is why is said "feels like".
    And they do reuse certain models quite often.

Also i don't count store mounts liek the cat.

The bull was the boar no? And the wombat the bear rig.

Giant mega worm? You mean the golden one you got for preorder of SL? That is a Padaria dragon
    Last edited by VinceVega; 2022-06-24 at 11:41 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Thats legit info? I would like to have flying instead of ground mount tbh :P

Here's you in this thread whinging that you can only get this "unique" mount from the store promotion, here's someone else in this thread whinging that the store promotion mount isn't unique. Meanwhile, literally 93% of all mounts in the entire game are acquirable exclusively from in-game content, and the remaining 7% includes CE mounts and TCG mounts.
    Quantity does not account for quality. My point remains in the face of your useless statistic
    Given I'm going to be playing the game for the next six months anyway I'd be literally saving money and getting a mount for free if I decided to sub for six months. Get a job, I guess.
    Good for you, but not everyone wants to pay Blizzard nearly $80 for 6 months of literally no actual content, so maybe consider that for once instead of living inside your own little bubble all the time.