View Poll Results: Will you pre-order Dragonflight?

Voters
470. This poll is closed
  • Yes, I will pre-order

167 35.53%
  • I don't know

93 19.79%
  • No, I will never pre-order

210 44.68%
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing that looks worth of pre-ordering is a mount, but in grand scheme of things i wont use that mount for more than a few days, and the rest kit is depressingly half-assed looking.

Add to that the very suspicious early launch, and i would wait for actual review from players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Already done, I will be playing WoW so no point beating around the bush.

Others do what they will.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    the 2022 date... does that mean the full expansion has to be out by then, or could that mean that we get pre-patch in 2022 and then level in 2023?
    It means in order to start selling they need a date, so companies often just set it to last day of year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure yet. I will wait for more informations from the beta. If it looks/sounds good, I'll probably pre-order when the pre-patch starts.

No, I will not.
    While I'll be playing it for sure, it makes no sense for me to do it and encourage this shit practice of taking the money months before they have the product ready.
    It's not like they're gonna run out of copies.

And you never know when the next Warcraft Reforged like game is going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    Yep. Always have and always will unless something truly bad happens.
    I mean feel free to do so, but after BfA, SL, W3 Reforged, Diablo Immortal and the whole scandal and intentions of union busting going on, so really terrible events ingame and IRL, what is your definition of "something bad" that would convince you not to preorder?
    Again, its ofc all up to you, I am just interested as to where you draw the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    I mean feel free to do so, but after BfA, SL, W3 Reforged, Diablo Immortal and the whole scandal and intentions of union busting going on, so really terrible events ingame and IRL, what is your definition of "something bad" that would convince you not to preorder?
    Again, its ofc all up to you, I am just interested as to where you draw the line.
    I almost didn't preorder MoP after being hugely disappointed with Wotlk and Cata but I'm happy I still did pre-order it. At the end of the day if you know you're at least gonna try the new expansion then it makes sense to pre-order it?

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    What’s sad about preordering a game you’ve been looking forward to?
    It's sad because ppl will most probably be hyped and fooled again by blizz with preordering a shitty expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Shink View Post
    Yes i preordered, because i still like wow

and i enjoy that it pisses off people who will never be happy even if blizzard gave them something gold they'll find fault with it
    It satisfies me to no end that I have no idea who you are, but between the two of us we've offset the "impact" of two of the 20k+ post lunatics on this forum who think they're game developers. Thanks brother!

BfA was fun. Azerite armour was fine and the only reason most people didn't like it is because Youtube told them not to. I wasn't happy when Rogue Azerite got nerfed like three resets in a row but overall the expansion was fun, the raids were fun, M+ was great, and I had a good time with my friends like I always do. SL I've probably played the least out of any expansion since WoD but I'm playing this patch and it's as fun as the game has always been. Couldn't really care less about WC3 Reforged and Diablo Immortal is exactly what anyone should have expected from a mobile game and has precisely zero impact on my enjoyment of WoW.

Equally, couldn't give a shit about "scandals" within the company, except insofar as they impact the quality of the product because the company is too busy dealing with Twitter crazies than actually doing work. None of you actually care either, otherwise you'd be keeping that same energy about the abuse allegations towards Square Enix and swearing off shopping at Walmart and every other franchise store ever, but you don't, because you're actually just pretending to care for clout.

Yes, Shadowlands has been one of the most enjoyable competitive experiences for me and I'm looking forward to Dragonflight, will without a doubt play the hell out of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soimu View Post
    It's sad because ppl will most probably be hyped and fooled again by blizz with preordering a shitty expansion.
    I got my money's worth from Shadowlands. It wasn't the best WoW expansion, but it was definitely worth the money I spent on it.

I was always advocating to pre-order Blizzards stuff, because they always delivered.
    Then BfA, SL, W3: Reforged and Diablo Immortal happened and obviously nobody should ever again preorder from Blizzard, at least for the foreseeable future.
    Since everything's going to gamepass I don't think it really matters much anyway.

I said no in the poll, however will buy it 2/3 days before launch to make sure its all installed and ready for launch day, gotta be a special kind of stupid to pre-order 6 months in advance any blizzard product with all the stuff happening there right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am in a guild for almost 5 years now, knowing people there and doing stuff we like.

I am totally going to toss it because Blizzard is infested with some creeps and Bobby Kotick is a loot goblin.

I use a lot of stuff daily that was made by shady ass characters and companies I am not even aware of and so do you. So it's really where you draw the line? Games made by Blizzard are bad, but your PC filled with components made in 3rd world countries with what amounts to slave labor is fine?

And the worst part - those companies have 0 accountability too, at least you can make trouble for Blizzard and make it do something in regards, so view that as consolation there, even if they will do their best to "minimize damage".

There's no preorders for it here. We get every expansion included when we pay for game time.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    This is nonsense. The game developers absolutely do not care how many people pre-order and give the same effort regardless of how many do. Your claims are baseless.
    1. If you have a guaranteed paycheck, why exactly would you put much effort into doing something? Do you even understand how humans work?
    2. The people giving those devs the resources/budget/assignments do care, and since they got their money, why exactly would they waste it on extra development? Out of the goodness of their hearts?
    3.Hell, even if you were right, what you're essentially saying is their devs are working their assess off but the best they can do is a turd? That sounds far worse lol.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    After two unpopular expansions, many are reconsidering to pre-order early and wait until the game is released for deluxe edition bonuses or will wait until the very last week or day to 'pre-order' if they like what they see from the alpha/beta.
    The WoW expansion release launch night is one of the most unique experiences in the game. It's always been a blast even if the overall expansion ended up sucking.

I hit 'i don't know' but I'm leaning toward 'probably not' but wouldn't give an absolute answer. I might come back to give the expansion a go but probably not at launch. I'll wait a bit before I resub, let the initial crowd die down a bit.

Keyboard Turner
    1+ Year Old Account
    I'm gonna give it a go anyway, so why wouldnt I pre order.

Must... collect... every... pet...
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.