View Poll Results: Will you pre-order Dragonflight?

Voters
470. This poll is closed
  • Yes, I will pre-order

167 35.53%
  • I don't know

93 19.79%
  • No, I will never pre-order

210 44.68%
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumble View Post
    You need an option for "Not yet: They need to release more information to see if its worth it."
    Even so, they must show a complete turn around in their mentality as a company for me to do thaat...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    If people still enjoy the game right now, and in particular really like dragons as well as a new playable class... that is one all needs to see.
    This is pretty much it. I love WoW dragon lore, am a fan of the dragon characters, want a playable dragon class, and I've been quite interested in the Dragon Isles for some time, so I'm very much looking forward to the expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealDavidTwo View Post
    Remember. Don't pre-order until the game looks good...we don't want a repeat of Shadowlands.
    If we don't need a repeat of Shadowlands, I think we need to encourage people to get a mind of their own and not sit and be convinced it was terrible for reasons they can't substantiate or reasons that would have utterly broken the game from the start. There was nothing wrong with all of the changes they made when they were unchanged and they made sense to change them WHEN they changed them. No free easy cov change? Yeah the covs weren't in communication. The list goes on if necessary. But hey just keep thinking you're thinking your own thoughts when you sit and say SL was sooooo bad for your perceived clout.

physical CE ordered
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

already got it!

Very cheap entertainment with old friends

my shadowlands collectors edition is still sealed and on my shelf next to EVERY other collectors box, so at this point i had to order dragonflight collectors box just for the collection as sad as that may sound to many. Wasted $150 on worse things before, lol.

30% of people saying they will never preorder already did because blizz bait them with pets/collectables lol.

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    If people still enjoy the game right now, and in particular really like dragons as well as a new playable class... that is one all needs to see.
    That's a fine reason to buy it when it's released. Not a good reason to pre-order it 6 months early.

It's not a kickstarter. Blizzard doesn't need an influx of funds to complete the game. Opening pre-orders this far in advance is just a marketing ploy to sucker fanboys with no self control. This way they can see nice little earnings boosts for Q2 and Q3 instead of banking on it all coming in during a Q4 release following two lackluster quarters. There's no scarcity for the digital version. Everyone who buys it the day of release will enjoy it for just as long as all the lemmings that are pre-ordering it now.
    Last edited by Adamas102; 2022-06-22 at 03:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumble View Post
    You need an option for "Not yet: They need to release more information to see if its worth it."
    yehhh right like ppl in these forums won't end up playing because they eat the bait then come here complain xD

My partner and I, along with our 2 kids won't be getting the next expansion at all , let alone pre order it, it looks complete dog shit with only one new class and it being ranged only and the fact you have to level up flying with xp. Terrible expansion. This will be the only time in wows history that we skip an expansion but it's definitely happening.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamingsince1981 View Post
    My partner and I, along with our 2 kids won't be getting the next expansion at all , let alone pre order it, it looks complete dog shit with only one new class and it being ranged only and the fact you have to level up flying with xp. Terrible expansion. This will be the only time in wows history that we skip an expansion but it's definitely happening.
    I give you a month after release and all 4 of you will be dragonflying your asses off. Heard it, seen it.

Stood in the Fire TheRealDavidTwo's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    If we don't need a repeat of Shadowlands, I think we need to encourage people to get a mind of their own and not sit and be convinced it was terrible for reasons they can't substantiate or reasons that would have utterly broken the game from the start. There was nothing wrong with all of the changes they made when they were unchanged and they made sense to change them WHEN they changed them. No free easy cov change? Yeah the covs weren't in communication. The list goes on if necessary. But hey just keep thinking you're thinking your own thoughts when you sit and say SL was sooooo bad for your perceived clout.
    Well, perhaps I should clarify.

I enjoyed the beginning of Shadowlands. But I always felt as if things were lacking. Perhaps a bit... rushed at times. And sloppy when you got to the end game.

I don't think pre-ordering is the right move to do at this time either, because that might not entice Blizzard to...put their 'all' into development. You want to be pre-ordering something you know will be great. Not a..let's say "WC3 Reforged" scenario. And.. I don't think I was going for a "perceived clout" move when I was saying "hehe don't pre-order".

But okay then. Moving on! Preorder at your own discretion. I am 25% hopeful that Dragonflight will be good. I am hoping they make a great, fantastic game again
    Last edited by TheRealDavidTwo; 2022-06-22 at 04:14 AM.

Not at the moment, I won't. $130 for something we don't even have the ALPHA BUILD out for yet? And they are, somehow, going to release this expansion, not in the expected and sane window of Q1 2023, which would give them six more months to bug-test and show off content, but in 2022?! Right before Christmas, most likely. This might be the most rushed expansion ever, because Bobby has to get another yacht before he gets fired when Microsoft takes over and starts being more consumer friendly.

The only way this would begin to be considered "sane" would be if they came out with a statement saying they "listened to customer feedback" and delayed release until Q1 2023, so they can get some free good publicity. Thankfully, they aren't being given a "pass" this time by the customers, judging by the pitiful number of "upvotes" on their announcement on the forums.

No reason not to. I have to buy the expansion to play the game for the next 2 years, and the preorder comes with a bunch of cool stuff.
    Happily purchased the 90 dollar option despite the expense. So much cool stuff in it this time around. Way better than the past expansions.
    Not to mention the price of the game itself and the free game time.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

I already know I will atleast play through the leveling, so yes i will pre order.

7+ Year Old Account
    needs an option with i already have

Not a chance, I have no interest in the new class as i dont play range ever , I hate the idea of levelling up flying I hate pathfinder and all it's recent iterations I dont like the new skill trees either, unless those things all change to completely different things we won't be back, I haven't actually been on wow for over 6 months already it won't be hard not coming back for an even worse expansion it's just all shit and I enjoyed bfa and that's saying something.

This is mmo-champion, dude.

10+ Year Old Account
    Already zooming around with my cloak Tmog on the new dragon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lazybum View Post
    my shadowlands collectors edition is still sealed and on my shelf next to EVERY other collectors box, so at this point i had to order dragonflight collectors box just for the collection as sad as that may sound to many. Wasted $150 on worse things before, lol.
    Not sad at all.

there's people that have spent more on worse games.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

As much as I've loathed Shadowlands I have no plans to even purchase Dragonflight at all until I've seen enough of it to decide if it will be fun or not. The only reasons to pre-purchase would be early access Dracthyr, which I don't care about, or playing with the extra stuff now so you can be bored of them when it launches. So, given that, for me there is no reason to give away my money for something I may not even want once it's ready.