View Poll Results: Will you pre-order Dragonflight?

Voters
470. This poll is closed
  • Yes, I will pre-order

167 35.53%
  • I don't know

93 19.79%
  • No, I will never pre-order

210 44.68%
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by M1r4g3 View Post
    1. If you have a guaranteed paycheck, why exactly would you put much effort into doing something? Do you even understand how humans work?
    2. The people giving those devs the resources/budget/assignments do care, and since they got their money, why exactly would they waste it on extra development? Out of the goodness of their hearts?
    3.Hell, even if you were right, what you're essentially saying is their devs are working their assess off but the best they can do is a turd? That sounds far worse lol.
    Listen, i get what you are saying, but we are six months off the release. At this point the effort was already put into it.

The only incentives they have is to listen to the player base. Which is a important incentive. But I think when we are this close to launch, things might be a little bit different. But that is just me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lagiacrux View Post
    same here. dont think i will bother before.
    Yeah, I refuse to step foot on that rot on the lore that is zereth mortis.

I will wait.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

Quote Originally Posted by boyzma View Post
    10 bucks is 83 extra cents a month spread through a year....wtf is Blizzard thinking? /s
    Pretty sure they're thinking anyone still playing their game is a crackhead that will let them get away with anything.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post

People need to stop with this BS claim as there is absolutely no evidence of it.
    Found the Blizzard employee

Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    Legally it means nothing, regardless of what the anti blizzard crowd screeched. It's pretty much just a placeholder date.
    I thought there was some EU legal considerations if they put a date. I know in means nothing in the US etc.

Nope. I see pre ordering pretty anti consumer. Nothing personal towards Blizzard specifically, but there is no need to pre order something with a limitless supply and if I really wanted the pre order goodies nothing stops me from doing it a few weeks, or even days, out from launch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Already pre ordered, even if certain aspects of shadowlands are abysmal, it's still provided way more hours than most other games for the cost.

Not playing unless they announce account-wide reputations. Tired of playing my DK that has every rep, wanna play something else but feels bad to do so because my reps lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    Not playing unless they announce account-wide reputations. Tired of playing my DK that has every rep, wanna play something else but feels bad to do so because my reps lmao.
    I don’t understand why they haven’t just added an exalted quartermaster that sells BOA tokens that auto grant exalted for a given rep for alts.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    Listen, i get what you are saying, but we are six months off the release. At this point the effort was already put into it.

The only incentives they have is to listen to the player base. Which is a important incentive. But I think when we are this close to launch, things might be a little bit different. But that is just me.
    Considering the past development stages of expansions and we aren't even into invitation-only alpha phase, I'd say there's still quite a bit to be done. Sure, there's groundwork already there, but that alone won't tell you immediately if you're getting a good product at the end of the day. As a recent example, Shadowlands invitiation-only alpha phase started in April and was released after a delay at the end of the same year. Blizz is cutting it pretty close if we assume we're going to have a similar testing schedule as they always do... maybe Blizz plans to do way more internal testing than in the past, who knows. I've heard some people say "well there's less systems, so less time is needed to test", but the lack of systems doesn't necessarily equate to less testing time required... especially since we have a new class and specs entering the game.

One of my primary concerns is that Blizz is just straight up pandering in the short term in order to stem player loses, which the start of was around the 9.1.5 patch development cycle after all the debacles of last summer. One of the red flags wasn't necessarily that they were giving players what they wanted, it's that a lot of this stuff were things that were desired for years in some cases. Considering the short time frame involved, that means they already had a list of things players wanted readily accessible that spanned years... and it only came into fruition when a "break glass in case of emergency" scenario occurred. Viewing this from another angle, it's similar to the situation surrounding feedback from the Shadowlands alpha/beta: pretty much all the issues and bugs that went live in Shadowlands and were later reverted were brought up by testers, yet the official Blizz response wasn't "we heard you, it just takes time," but rather "Man, these problems just popped up out of no where, too bad the testers didn't see these, we're on it!"

If you want a simple way to view it, it's not the changes themselves, it's how and why these changes are being made that concern me (and that's not getting into changes that I think were bad and not what players wanted at all). With how Blizz has approached everything since 9.1.5 up to this point, I don't see much genuine change going on... but I see a whole lot of placating and evasive language. Furthermore, the changes that are good don't necessarily address the root problems, and when dev interviews pretty much state that there's no intent on fixing the root problems or making them worse, I don't have much faith that Blizz has turned a new leaf this time around.

My prediction for this expansion is that it'll be okay... not great, not the worse, but likely meh. Basically, Blizz is aiming for safe. At best, it'll maintain the status quo in the long term but not grow the player base in any meaningful way (chances are high that the player base will continue to decline still). However, Blizz isn't in a great position with retail WoW, where they're likely permanently lost a lot of long-term players due to their performance up to and including Shadowlands, but there's not going to be anything that'll pull in fresh blood either. While I truly believe there are devs and employees at Blizz that really care about the game and want to make it great, the games as a whole can't bring that to fruition because of Blizz as a whole. Those in charge and with the most influence are ultimately at fault, because everything lives and dies by their decree while being ultimately responsible for what comes out... and for the most part, that hasn't changed since Shadowlands was developed.

I was pretty much the last hold-out for WoW out of all my friends and hardcore raiders, and even I lost my patience with Blizz in Shadowlands. Unfortunately, I see little to no real change at Blizz or in how their games are developed and decisions are made, therefore I don't see any real hope that Dragonflight is going to be the franchise savior that everyone wants it to be.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Quote Originally Posted by Alexjimithing View Post
    I don’t understand why they haven’t just added an exalted quartermaster that sells BOA tokens that auto grant exalted for a given rep for alts.
    Because they are delusional into thinking people actually grind the same rep on multiple characters when they don't.

Already pre-ordered

The dragon mount is cool and the helmet transmog is tempting

Hell no. They haven't released a single decent expansion since Ion took over. I'd have to be insane to preorder that crap. Unless they go back to the MOP design philosophy and start competing with FF14 I doubt I'll even play the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Agall View Post
    Its a pre-purchase, not a pre-order. There's a difference and it matters.

- - - Updated - - -

FTC requires pre-purchase or purchase orders to have an expected shipment date, its a legal requirement that you have a date if you're going to pre-sale a product. Why the difference in calling it for what it actually is, a pre-purchase not a pre-order, matters.
    nice mental gymnastics there Steve
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

i played every expansion and got my moneys worth. even if i only played for the frist 2-3 months.

Game is still fun to play honestly. If they fix the loot inflation i would even play SL again...

so... i will probably preorder at some point... when? Who knows...

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    i played every expansion and got my moneys worth. even if i only played for the frist 2-3 months.

Game is still fun to play honestly. If they fix the loot inflation i would even play SL again...

so... i will probably preorder at some point... when? Who knows...
    valid reasons to buy. but preorder? i'm starting to feel like the preorder squad doesn't know the difference between a preorder and a regular purchase.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

only retards pre-order

Nope. This time I won't even consider buying the CE. It's overpriced and the additional stuff is just ugly and not worth it.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Icon View Post
    valid reasons to buy. but preorder? i'm starting to feel like the preorder squad doesn't know the difference between a preorder and a regular purchase.
    Does it matter for me if i KNOW i will play it anyway? This way i may get some mount or whatever. Granted this preorder bonus is... underwhelming tbh. A pet. But it is something i get for free for something i am going to do anyway a few months later...

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol no.

Odds are In not even going to bother with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

I'll keep monitoring the expansion, but so far it's a definite skip for me. And since I'm not playing right now either there's little point in preordering even if I was considering playing DF.