Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Joyous Journeys - Summer XP Buff Event, Classic - Looking for Dungeon, Hotfixes

Joyous Journeys - Summer XP Buff Event
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    As we continue work on Wrath of the Lich King Classic, we want to celebrate the defeat of Kil’Jaeden and the Burning Legion (again!) with a bit of a special event to help get players ready for their adventures in Northrend.

In the coming weeks, we will implement a global buff that we’re calling “Joyous Journeys”. During the time this buff is active, all sources of experience points will award 50% additional XP.

We haven’t locked down the specific timeframe for when this buff will activate, but we expect it to last for at least 6-8 weeks; beginning a few weeks before the 3.4.0 Pre-Patch and persisting right up until the day that Wrath of the Lich King Classic launches. This buff should provide a great opportunity for everyone who may have fallen behind the leveling curve, or anyone with alts they want to prep for the next adventure to jump in and get caught up to level 70 ahead of the release of Wrath of the Lich King Classic.

This will also be active on Wrath of the Lich King Classic fresh start realms as well, so it should be a great jumpstart for any players who want try to level up quickly during pre-patch and participate in the various Wrath pre-patch events such as the Zombie Plague or special time-limited bosses such as Balzaphon in Stratholme or Tenris Murkblood in Karazhan.

While we aren’t quite ready to announce specific dates around Wrath Classic, we felt it might be helpful to let you know ahead of time that this buff event was coming. We’ll have more to share around Wrath of the Lich King Classic launch plans in the coming weeks.

Thank you!

Adjustments to Dungeon Creature Behavior and Group XP
    One of the most common pieces of feedback we’ve received (and observed ourselves in our own adventures) is the concern about pervasive sales of dungeon boosting services in-game. It often overpowers chat with advertisements and makes certain channels hard to use for their intended purpose.

It’s also no secret that the gold from many boosting groups is used for illicit activities such as Real-Money Trading (RMT), as much of the gold that players pay to boosters is then sold for real money back to other players.

Now that we’ve seen the final major content release of Burning Crusade Classic, we will soon adjust the behavior of creatures in most dungeons (including the new dungeons coming in Wrath of the Lich King Classic) to make it significantly more difficult to endlessly snare and kite enemies. Additionally, we will implement a reduction to group XP earned when there is large disparity between player levels in the same group.

We’ve experimented with similar changes to most dungeons on our Season of Mastery servers, and we’ve found these changes to be very effective at reducing the efficiency of boosting groups. We plan to roll out these adjustments to Burning Crusade Classic realms at the same time as the Joyous Journeys XP buff, which should happen sometime in the next several weeks. Stay tuned for more information about that and when you can expect to see these changes hit live servers.

This is also a good opportunity to remind everyone that spamming chat channels with advertisements for boosting services outside of dedicated Trade channels is against the Terms of Service, and you should take every opportunity to report players that you see advertising for boosting services in channels such as General and Looking For Group.

We’re really looking forward to players joining us very soon in the Wrath of the Lich King Classic Beta, and hope to be able to share more about that very very soon as well!

Classic - Looking for Dungeon
    As we all know, there’s an infinite amount of ground to cover on this topic. I’m not sure how much I can say that hasn’t already been said before, but what I can assure you of is that our team is extremely committed to finding good solutions to player concerns that don’t compromise on the things that make Classic loved in the first place.

And speaking of solutions, I’ve come bearing some good news: we are actively developing a brand-new Group Finder UI for Wrath of the Lich King Classic! Here’s a small sneak preview of some of the features we’re aiming to deliver.

• New Look, Modern Code: We’ve rebuilt the UI to be easier to read and more inviting than it was in Burning Crusade Classic. Behind the scenes, we’re using our modern Group Finder code, ensuring stability and performance.
    • Roles: We’re introducing roles into the UI in Wrath Classic. Partial groups can broadcast which slots they have open, and individuals can specify whether they’re willing to tank, heal, deal damage, or do multiple of the above. Roles are intended to expedite communication – not stifle gameplay creativity – so for the moment we’re keeping all roles open to all classes.
    • Solo Listings and Multiple Activities: We envision this Group Finder as a “bulletin board” where players can list activities they want to do and discover others who want to do the same. To that end, we’re supporting listings from both solo individuals and partially filled groups. And if you can’t decide which dungeon you want to run, that’s okay! You can list yourself for more than one.
    • Request Invite and Suggest Invite: To smooth out group formation, we’re adding Request Invite and Suggest Invite features. Just remember: a quick “Hey there” is always preferred over a silent and sudden ninja-invite!
    • The Single Source for Your Group Finding Needs: We’re aiming for this Group Finding UI to be a one-stop shop for all your group-finding needs. To that end, we’re reviving an old rule from the original Burning Crusade and Wrath of the Lich King: sending messages in the Looking for Group chat channel will require being listed in the UI.

You might be thinking, “no one likes restrictions”. In an ideal world, each individual player would build their groups using whatever tools they deem best for the job. However, we’ve observed that group finding is a social coordination problem, and there’s value in funneling everyone through the same system. If we can create a single “source” through which all group finding is done, all players will reap the benefits.

We’re aiming to have our new Group Finder deliver an effective, efficient, and enjoyable group finding experience, and we want the help of you and other players in getting there. We’ll have a fully functional test version of the Group Finder available on day 1 of the Wrath of the Lich King beta.

We look forward to hearing your feedback!

Patch 9.2 Hotfixes - June 21, 2022
    Creatures and NPCs

• Fixed an issue where Princess Tess Greymane would not be present in the Hall of Shadows.

Dungeons and Raids

• Sepulcher of the First Ones
      • Halondrus
        • Fixed several visual issues with the environment disappearing during the encounter.
    • The Necrotic Wake
      • Surgeon Stitchflesh
        • Fixed an issue causing Festering Rot to not scale its damage properly when cast by Surgeon Stitchflesh's first Creation.
        • Reduced the maximum applications of Festering Rot to 15 on Mythic difficulty.
          • Developers' note: Our goal with this change is to address an issue that caused Festering Rot to act inconsistently without inadvertently increasing the difficulty of the encounter.

Quests

• The Ilskahorn horn visual should now be removed upon abandoning or completion of “Focusing the Eye.”

Maybe my understanding of "brand new UI" is based on too-high expectations, but... that looks more like "barely touched" to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Brand New compared to the one thats in place in TBC:Classic

I think this system is a good compromise

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    Brand New compared to the one thats in place in TBC:Classic

I think this system is a good compromise
    Take something away and give you back a half assed version and call it compromise.

What is this compromise with anyways? The vast majority of posts I see, be it here, wowhead or the official forums, hates this change. So who is the compromise with? The C-suite executives and their demands for a time played metric?

Fuck me...

Nothing says the frozen winds of Northrend quite like 'Joyous Journeys'

I'm willing to give their looking for group a shot. Especially since people will be forced to use it. Let's see if it works

Why did it have to take you 1 year to make the boosting changes

Joyous Journeys - Summer XP Buff Event
    I am okay with this. Already have 4 characters on max level... but this buff will probably be the reason to make 1-2 more. :P

Adjustments to Dungeon Creature Behavior and Group XP
    Another very good decision... but why so late again (like with server consolidations)?
    They have to react much faster for these problems.

Classic - Looking for Dungeon
    Sounds good... hopefully will work properly and won't be filled with only boosting adds. COPIUM.
    I am 50/50 about how LFG should exist/work.

But #nochanges!?

Quote Originally Posted by Echocho View Post
    But #nochanges!?
    U didnt see the event vids? they did away with #Nochanges right around the time SOM came out, and pretty much threw the book out.

garbage exclusive tool which will be used by toxic people to exclude casuals from playing in dungeons with extreme requirements and meta class slaving from retail .

without proper lfd tool wolk is dead on arrival . because lfd is what most people wanted to play with in wolk classic - thats why tbc classic was dead after 2 weeks because nobody could get into any groups.

Do they really think that nerfing the XP in dungeons is any way a good idea? Who gives 2 shits about how someone levels? I just find it funny that they decide to try and kill off this boosting, but yet do nothing about the 24/7 Sunwell trash GDKP spam, or the Arena boosts. But then again, their shop doesnt sell epic patterns and arena titles, just level boosts.

If it really was #nochanges they would be implementing the dungeon finder in one of the later patches. They aren't doing that at all.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    garbage exclusive tool which will be used by toxic people to exclude casuals from playing in dungeons with extreme requirements and meta class slaving from retail .
    Let me guess, being able to create a group and invite other players requires a minimum gearscore of 5,5k?
    Quote Originally Posted by Luciferstwin View Post
    Do they really think that nerfing the XP in dungeons is any way a good idea? Who gives 2 shits about how someone levels? I just find it funny that they decide to try and kill off this boosting, but yet do nothing about the 24/7 Sunwell trash GDKP spam, or the Arena boosts. But then again, their shop doesnt sell epic patterns and arena titles, just level boosts.
    While i would gladly see them nuke GDKP's, the reason why removing boosting matters is because leveling is designed around engaging with other players.

If you sit on every dungeon / elite quest until they're grey because too many people engage in boosting, that's not exactly a great experience.

So by the time Wrath hits (assuming this pre-patch lasts 6 weeks), the bots will be already up to date with selling gold and boosts. So much for FRESH LOL. That fresh experience won't even last 1 month into the expansion lol.

1) "Joyous Journeys"... that's such an American name and doesn't really fit the vibe of Wrath, or TBC for that matter.

2) Killing boosting: Good.

3) Dungeon finder compromise: Shite. I want original system that was in the game, the one that actually helped make Wrath as good as it was. Still, I have no choice but to use it, so we'll see how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Esper View Post
    If it really was #nochanges they would be implementing the dungeon finder in one of the later patches. They aren't doing that at all.
    Make no mistake, its totally a "we listened to feedback and..." card they are holding in their back pocket for later should there be some negative reception to Wrath

EXP buff and boosting nerf are great but... '' finding good solutions to player concerns that don’t compromise on the things that make Classic loved in the first place. '' makes me think they are very out of touch with the playerbase. Its like they think they know for a fact what makes classic loved for anyone that might have played wotlk classic...or at least the big majority. But the fact is that many players ( at least 50% from all the polls Ive seen ) just want the standard RDF tool that was implemented in wotlk. It feels like they just plugged their ears , ignore all feedback and pretend like everyone is on board with what THEY think ''makes classic loved in the first place'' .

This new tool they made looks fine and its certainly a lot better than what we have in tbc classic. But it has major downsides compared to the good old RDF. Very soon after launch people will start gate keeping with stuff like not allowing ''trash'' specs or gear that is way more than its actually necessary for the easy wotlk heroics. Its so funny to me that they allow any class to sign up as tank or healer to ''not stifle creativity'' but leave the inviting process to modern day meta driven players. Also if you are dps you will constantly have to refresh the page with a copy paste message ready and instantly sign up when a grp is listed that needs dps because otherwise someone is gonna outspeed you and you have to wait more.

They are just shooting themselves and us in the foot by not adding RDF in a later phase at least. And all for some arbitrary reason that a big part of the playerbase doesn't even agree with but keeps getting ignored.

Bunch of negative Nancy's up in here. Im hype as hell. Prob wasn't gonna play but def will now. Got to 60 in classic and had fun. Fun slowly died out with server issues and not finding anyone because most were getting boosted. Came back for tbc and 60-70 were fine, but then server issues again after p2. Leveling was a ghost town. Took free server xfer to a much bigger realm so hopefully that solves that. Xp buff will help push my new main to 70. I use retail group finder and its honestly great. No idea why ppl hate it