Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
6
LastLast
  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    I don't find it very wild that they made one decision, decided they should do things different going forward, and then made a different decision.

    This is like saying "It's wild to me that you ordered the chicken when you ordered the beef last time and didn't like it!"

    - - - Updated - - -



    Yeah, the best part of Wrath was..... running ToC 4 times per week and managing a lot of emblem types?
    I'm probably in the minority here but I actually liked ToC. It was quick and easy so it was great to use to catch alts up on gear to get them into ICC. I had zero problem with managing all the different emblems and it was never a complaint I ever had about the older xpacs.

    My problem is everything they try to fix turns to shit, nothing they do anymore makes things better only worse. The blue post above reads like the retail mindset creeping into a place it shouldn't be.

  2. #62
    I was thinking about subbing for LK classic but they can't seem to keep their crappy ideas out of it, they can't even make retail good, and they think they can improve on LK

  3. #63
    Warmane rejoices

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Still not a Blizzard made website. It is third party and therefore can not be taken as 100% fact. Because it's not.
    No one said it was 100% fact. It's an estimate. Which is very different from a guess.

    A guess is me saying that those numbers are way too high. In my experience, the servers seem dead and hardly anyone is playing. My guess is that TBC has 100k players max.

    An estimate is using tools that tell you how many people play on the servers. They use the tool consistently to build data that is more accurate than my guess.

    Estimates are used all of the time in almost every field. They are used to analyse what's going on in trends as well as to help people make decisions with forecasts. The more accurate the data the better but waving your hands and saying "it's not 100% accurate so I'm going to dismiss the data" is just being dishonest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by yeetcannon View Post
    I'm probably in the minority here but I actually liked ToC. It was quick and easy so it was great to use to catch alts up on gear to get them into ICC. I had zero problem with managing all the different emblems and it was never a complaint I ever had about the older xpacs.

    My problem is everything they try to fix turns to shit, nothing they do anymore makes things better only worse. The blue post above reads like the retail mindset creeping into a place it shouldn't be.
    Getting rid of world buffs was good, staggering the raids in TBC was good....

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by yeetcannon View Post
    LFD was in for almost 12 months, and it was the best part of Wrath. Also that person is right here.
    "ICC was there for a year so we should have it at launch in wrath classic!"

    That's as valid as your argument.

    If LFD is such a dealbreaker for you, you wouldn't wait a year for 3.3 to come. Get real.

  6. #66
    Such bullshit. How come we got Vanilla/TBC relatively unscathed, but now Wrath has to adhere to Vanilla "design principles" or w/e the fuck the buzzword is. I want to play Wrath, not Wrath with Changes so it's more like Vanilla.

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by Resheph View Post
    I feel it's refreshing that after having manchildren like Metzen and Street communicate about WOW for so many years there's actually a professional sound coming out of the studio. I feel the tone here is exactly right for the phase the studio and the iterations of the game are now and I feel they have a good idea what to do with Wotlk after the Classic and TBC fiasco's.
    Those manchildren are what made WoW a thing to begin with, whereas empty "professionalism" hasn't been good for anything ever save for pretty pictures.
    It's the buboes accompanying the plague, festering pustules spreading their filth until either the body succumbs and takes it with them, or it heals and sheds them.

    People who value appearances over substance are the plague rotting at capitalism's heart.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

    Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

  8. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    Getting rid of world buffs was good, staggering the raids in TBC was good....

    - - - Updated - - -



    "ICC was there for a year so we should have it at launch in wrath classic!"

    That's as valid as your argument.

    If LFD is such a dealbreaker for you, you wouldn't wait a year for 3.3 to come. Get real.
    Except changes like that are in at release since we get the final patch, that's not the same as raid releases and you know it.

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    Getting rid of world buffs was good, staggering the raids in TBC was good....

    - - - Updated - - -



    "ICC was there for a year so we should have it at launch in wrath classic!"

    That's as valid as your argument.

    If LFD is such a dealbreaker for you, you wouldn't wait a year for 3.3 to come. Get real.
    That wasn't what I was arguing but considering it was in for almost half the length of the xpac the argument for it being in at launch has merit. I could easily live with waiting for it to come in the 3.3 patch as I would just wait until then to sub & play. I'd MUCH prefer that over it not being there at all.

    I've waited a over decade already for an official Wrath server, what's another 13 or so months past when it initially releases. That would be significantly better than not playing it at all after all this time.

  10. #70
    Blizz: hey guys we know wotlk was the best expansion we have ever made, we know everyone loved it and all its features, so we have decided to try to ruin that experience as best as we can so no one wants to come play it again, see you on the other side.

    Wtf are they even doing , the only thing I would be coming back for because the new expansion is complete dog shit with only a range class to choose from and a worse pathfinder to get flying like getting flying xp, and they go ahead and ruin wotlk as well. What are they doing at blizzard besides snorting coke and sexually harassing people.

    Anyone happy with these changes didn't like woltk in the first place, blizz can go get fucked by a horse.

  11. #71
    Immortal TEHPALLYTANK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Texas(I wish it were CO)
    Posts
    7,411
    Dungeons being totally faceroll was exactly part of what made them enjoyable in WotLK, nobody wanted them to be anything other than 8-12 minutes of getting your daily done when you were decked out in T8. Keep them faceroll, live has M+ for people who actually enjoy that type of content. People didn't want challenging dungeons back then (anyone who played after LFD was introduced should remember just how many groups instantly would disband upon getting The Oculus for the random dungeon, because it was so damn slow to clear couldn't just be facerolled like every other dungeon).

  12. #72
    Brewmaster Ermelloth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Ratchet, Jazzik's shop, 2nd floor
    Posts
    1,456
    Instead of giving players few cosmetic #somechanges that could be enjoyable for many and wouldn't impact the gameplay, like new character models and perhaps transmog (after all, Warmane implemented it, tho with limitations, and people didn't riot about), they do stuff no one literally asked for...

  13. #73
    They just couldn't help themselves huh? They had to make changes to classic even after we explicitly told them not to.

  14. #74
    Keyboard Turner Sunshah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    6
    quit making dumb changes. isn't that what the season of mastery shit is suppose to be for?

  15. #75
    Highest badges in R10 is pretty shit, it allows to get one tier above what you run. They should have kept "heroics and R10 => lower badges, R25 => higher badges".
    Apart that, changes are mostly good.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Dungeons being totally faceroll was exactly part of what made them enjoyable in WotLK, nobody wanted them to be anything other than 8-12 minutes of getting your daily done when you were decked out in T8. Keep them faceroll, live has M+ for people who actually enjoy that type of content. People didn't want challenging dungeons back then (anyone who played after LFD was introduced should remember just how many groups instantly would disband upon getting The Oculus for the random dungeon, because it was so damn slow to clear couldn't just be facerolled like every other dungeon).
    Yeah no you're full of shit. Dungeons being boring was actually the single biggest criticism leveled toward WotLK. There is nothing fun facerolling the keyboard and everything falling down.
    The Occulus was despised because people wanted to play their class and not a gimmicky vehicle alternative gameplay, but that's nothing to do with faceroll.

  16. #76
    Herald of the Titans Vorkreist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Twitch chat
    Posts
    2,972
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadwen View Post
    I was thinking about subbing for LK classic but they can't seem to keep their crappy ideas out of it
    They can't breathe if they don't continuously shit over successful systems. After all those walls of bullshit text they will proceed screwing systems again for no reason and completely ignore larger issues until Wrath of Mastery and then new walls of bullshit are posted about how this time ( try nr e4543859438543534 ) they will totally listen to what players want.

  17. #77
    You know the changes are gonna be good when MMOC is crying abt it, especially the usual ppl. Glad to see most of these changes. I think they will work out well

  18. #78
    Stood in the Fire Ragu4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Lone Oak, TX
    Posts
    454
    Yeah, the core reason why I wanted WOTLK is cause I'm 30 with a career and responsibilities, and i could ACTUALLY see myself playing because of the LFD and piss easy raids that wouldn't take too much time. Granted I can't imagine them pumping up the difficulty that much on the raids...

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Yeah no you're full of shit. Dungeons being boring was actually the single biggest criticism leveled toward WotLK. There is nothing fun facerolling the keyboard and everything falling down.
    The Occulus was despised because people wanted to play their class and not a gimmicky vehicle alternative gameplay, but that's nothing to do with faceroll.
    You're not wrong here, I def remember getting bored by them when I was 16, but today as an adult I would appreciate the face roll experience so I can get on with other things and put my limited time to play in other areas of the game.

  19. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by yeetcannon View Post
    That wasn't what I was arguing but considering it was in for almost half the length of the xpac the argument for it being in at launch has merit. I could easily live with waiting for it to come in the 3.3 patch as I would just wait until then to sub & play. I'd MUCH prefer that over it not being there at all.

    I've waited a over decade already for an official Wrath server, what's another 13 or so months past when it initially releases. That would be significantly better than not playing it at all after all this time.
    "Ulduar was in for longer than LFD, therefore Ulduar should be in at launch!"

    Your logic is that we shouldn't have phases at all. It does nothing to further your specific argument for LFD.

    And again, the idea that Blizzard should consider your wants as someone who just said they won't play until the last phase anyway over the wants of the core audience for classic that has been playing for years and paying the bills is delusional.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by raiid View Post
    Except changes like that are in at release since we get the final patch, that's not the same as raid releases and you know it.
    It is the same.

  20. #80
    These changes don't seem that bad, what is all the bitching for?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •