Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
6
7
LastLast
  1. #81
    Quote Originally Posted by panda040 View Post
    These changes don't seem that bad, what is all the bitching for?
    Ppl mad abt lfd which has nothing to do with the post. Ppl who don't understand how easy naxx is. Ppl who think speed running aoeing down a heroic in under 10 mins is top tier gameplay and mad that thei have to push more than 2 buttons.

  2. #82
    Stood in the Fire Ragu4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Lone Oak, TX
    Posts
    483
    Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    Ppl mad abt lfd which has nothing to do with the post. Ppl who don't understand how easy naxx is. Ppl who think speed running aoeing down a heroic in under 10 mins is top tier gameplay and mad that thei have to push more than 2 buttons.
    I still remember pulling all of spider wing trash between bosses in like 2 pulls. I honestly think that even with the pump up on numbers it'll still be a joke. It's still classic mechanics that they're just making bullet sponges as opposed to adding mechanics.

  3. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    These people do not exist. Nobody is playing wrath for a year straight with no LFD just because LFD is coming in the last phase. Stop being a clown.



    People also said nobody would ever play classic unless they added LFD in the beginning. Oops.
    Blizzard has outright said WotLK Classic will not have LFD at all, ever. They said it during the stream of the Dragonflight/WotLK Classic Launch.

    So it's not about waiting until Patch 3.3 comes out to get LFD in WotLK Classic, WotLK Classic will not get LFD, at all, period.

  4. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragu4 View Post
    I still remember pulling all of spider wing trash between bosses in like 2 pulls. I honestly think that even with the pump up on numbers it'll still be a joke. It's still classic mechanics that they're just making bullet sponges as opposed to adding mechanics.
    True but with added dmg you'll have to do it in 3 pulls now lol

  5. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Blizzard has outright said WotLK Classic will not have LFD at all, ever. They said it during the stream of the Dragonflight/WotLK Classic Launch.

    So it's not about waiting until Patch 3.3 comes out to get LFD in WotLK Classic, WotLK Classic will not get LFD, at all, period.
    Correct, but my point is that we have two arguments being made at once:

    1. "LFD was in Wrath so it should be here!"
    2. "I won't play without LFD!"

    These are contradictory, because if you genuinely believe 1 then you should be arguing for it in the 3.3 phase. But if its in the 3.3 phase you won't even have it until the tail end of the expansion so it can't be a dealbreaker.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

  6. #86
    Herald of the Titans Vorkreist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Twitch chat
    Posts
    2,976
    Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    Ppl mad abt lfd which has nothing to do with the post. Ppl who don't understand how easy naxx is. Ppl who think speed running aoeing down a heroic in under 10 mins is top tier gameplay and mad that thei have to push more than 2 buttons.
    Trolls that clearly didn't touch classic recently but like to tell us about the magical way superior experience of wasting 2 hours to sift through the 5 billion boost/gdkp spam to run a 10 min dungeon.

  7. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    Correct, but my point is that we have two arguments being made at once:

    1. "LFD was in Wrath so it should be here!"
    2. "I won't play without LFD!"

    These are contradictory, because if you genuinely believe 1 then you should be arguing for it in the 3.3 phase. But if its in the 3.3 phase you won't even have it until the tail end of the expansion so it can't be a dealbreaker.
    Ah, gotcha. I wasn't getting that in my read of the thread, it was kind of jumbled.

    I agree with you. I don't see how it would be a deal breaker given in WotlK original that it was only in at the tail end of the expansion. So if you wanted the authentic WotLK experience, then that experience was mostly without LFD.

  8. #88
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    Trolls that clearly didn't touch classic recently but like to tell us about the magical way superior experience of wasting 2 hours to sift through the 5 billion boost/gdkp spam to run a 10 min dungeon.
    You're just proving the point he's making.

    No change they've announced in this post is about DF, yet people bemoan that nobody is going to play Wrath because DF.
    At least stick to the actual changes they're announcing in this post.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2022-06-23 at 04:42 PM.

  9. #89
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Ah, gotcha. I wasn't getting that in my read of the thread, it was kind of jumbled.

    I agree with you. I don't see how it would be a deal breaker given in WotlK original that it was only in at the tail end of the expansion. So if you wanted the authentic WotLK experience, then that experience was mostly without LFD.
    I think its perfectly reasonable to say either of the following:

    1. I want LFD from day 1 because I prefer having automated tools.
    2. I want LFD in 3.3 because it was there originally.

    The problem is people are presenting this really jumbled, contradictory amalgamation of arguments because they don't want to admit that their real argument is just #1 for some reason.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    Trolls that clearly didn't touch classic recently but like to tell us about the magical way superior experience of wasting 2 hours to sift through the 5 billion boost/gdkp spam to run a 10 min dungeon.
    Good thing they are nerfing boosts and improving the group finder!
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

  10. #90
    They could win a lot of faith back with the shaman community if they decided to not neuter the class and keep cleansing totems and poison/disease removal instead of swapping to Curse.

    But this won't happen despite it overnight destroying pvp matchups against 3 classes that were already 50/50s for the shaman (rogue, hunter, dk)
    Last edited by wushootaki; 2022-06-23 at 05:14 PM.

  11. #91
    Quote Originally Posted by wushootaki View Post
    They could win a lot of faith back with the shaman community if they decided to not neuter the class and keep cleansing totems and poison/disease removal instead of swapping to Curse.

    But this won't happen despite it overnight destroying pvp matchups against 3 classes that were already 50/50s for the shaman (rogue, hunter, dk)
    That's a cata Change.

    In Wotlk you have a cleansing totem (doing poison and diseases) and curse dispel is a Resto Shaman only talent.

  12. #92
    Some freshly graduated project manager really had a hard go at this.

  13. #93
    I hope they follow through the with “10 man gives same gear as 25 man” quickly.

  14. #94
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    That's a cata Change.

    In Wotlk you have a cleansing totem (doing poison and diseases) and curse dispel is a Resto Shaman only talent.
    You are correct...I guess I am remembering pre-patch
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelthon
    do i wanting my cat come the expansion due to signifying a reroll fresh scratch the night elf mage?

  15. #95
    Quote Originally Posted by Woods123 View Post
    I hope they follow through the with “10 man gives same gear as 25 man” quickly.
    "To further this, we've been exploring a lot of ideas that we've decided not to implement at this time, such as 10-player and 25-player raids dropping the same items,"

    Seems like they looked at it and have decided not to. I enjoyed the hell out of 10 man raiding but it was definitely easier.

  16. #96
    Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    "To further this, we've been exploring a lot of ideas that we've decided not to implement at this time, such as 10-player and 25-player raids dropping the same items,"

    Seems like they looked at it and have decided not to. I enjoyed the hell out of 10 man raiding but it was definitely easier.
    I read it, I was just saying the “not at this time” means they are considering it and it gets added in wotlk.

  17. #97
    Quote Originally Posted by Woods123 View Post
    I read it, I was just saying the “not at this time” means they are considering it and it gets added in wotlk.
    Yeah same, it's something they're considering but haven't done (yet) I think it'd be a good change as well having the 10 and 25 man item versions the same. In general I think looking at itemization is a good idea. From the PVP perspective S1 weapons should probably be ilvl 219 otherwise they get totally eclipsed by KT ones even though they'll require more skill to get. Similarly later on I'd prefer if they nerfed bauble and maybe a few other trinkets in arena.
    Last edited by Warning; 2022-06-23 at 06:26 PM.

  18. #98
    Herald of the Titans Vorkreist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Twitch chat
    Posts
    2,976
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    And again, the idea that Blizzard should consider your wants as someone who just said they won't play until the last phase anyway over the wants of the core audience for classic that has been playing for years and paying the bills is delusional.
    You are clearly lost. There is no classic "core". Most who are interested in classic wrath are against those braid dead changes like complete removal of LFD.

  19. #99
    Quote Originally Posted by Woods123 View Post
    I read it, I was just saying the “not at this time” means they are considering it and it gets added in wotlk.
    Ahh I took it more as we've looked into it and decided against it and are very unlikely to implement but dont want to give a 100% final answer

  20. #100
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    You are clearly lost. There is no classic "core". Most who are interested in classic wrath are against those braid dead changes like complete removal of LFD.
    I'd love to see your numbers on that. Please, present them.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •