Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    Clearly cause they don't want us to have a clear view of the game. It's not the first time they have done it.
    It's to stop the game from breaking. Wow is a terribly optimized mess but one of the few things it does well is make boxes for the player to play in. If you increase field of view areas start to break and you see into the void.

Quote Originally Posted by Celement View Post
    It's to stop the game from breaking. Wow is a terribly optimized mess but one of the few things it does well is make boxes for the player to play in. If you increase field of view areas start to break and you see into the void.
    Can you really say that as palm trees and angels wings get in front of your camera in Spires of Ascension?

Pretty sure no one is asking for a dev view. But, a bit further could be helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    ... and? It's not like it's that secret of an option, if you want the advantage, you can literally just enable it.
    Yes, that was exactly my point - it wasn't an issue. I'm sure their point is "if we fix everyone to the same fov the issue is solved" and it's technically true, not the way i would have done it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Exactly my point: They should let players CHOOSE if they want to have this setting as it COULD potentially be an advantage to them. But God forbid we may get meaningful choices in WoW, the most intricate things allowed to choose are "hp or dps flask" and "which one of two talents (because the third always sucks)".
    See above (i agree).
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    Can you really say that as palm trees and angels wings get in front of your camera in Spires of Ascension?

Pretty sure no one is asking for a dev view. But, a bit further could be helpful.
    I can just see their reasoning why on this one is all.

As always.. fun detected, fun removed.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    As always.. fun detected, fun removed.
    But you don't understand, what if someone sees someone sneak up on them on PvP and as a result GETS THE OPENER ON THEM?

Must be rectified. So what if a couple thousand people with motion sickness now have a significantly worse experience of the game. That one PvP guy thanks them for their sacrifice.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    But you don't understand, what if someone sees someone sneak up on them on PvP and as a result GETS THE OPENER ON THEM?

Must be rectified. So what if a couple thousand people with motion sickness now have a significantly worse experience of the game. That one PvP guy thanks them for their sacrifice.
    Its not the PvP, its overall game balance, you arent supposed to look behind you at all situations, as tank/raid leader as example, depending on the fight, i use my camera differently for the last 17 years, do i have to look out for the dumbass range dying to someting?

Is it more melee dangerous and actually tank dangerous ? Upside down camera when moving etc.

As example the camera distance change 10 years ago, really hurt my raid leading capabilities, cause i could see everything, since then, BOSS CROTCH!

Its the same logic with first person FPS games, if you "Hack your way" into lower FOV, that game set as minimum, you zoom in basically, which creates a massive advantage.

Its not a good thing to exist, but it must exist for design decisions.

10+ Year Old Account
    like this
    Last edited by czarek; 2022-06-24 at 12:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lordjust View Post
    As Ion said back in legion. People who play with interface mods, add-ons or just use scripts have an advantage over people who don't and they add restrictions so people who play without those things can be somewhat cempetitive.

I think they have it the wrong way around. Instead of restricting the game options and making the game worse, they should add functionality so you don't need to install add-ons or use scripts. Yes, zooming out further or increasing the FoV gives an advantage because you can see more of your surrounding and better judge the situation. Seeing if mobs are comming your way, seeing where other people from your group or raid are is helpful and makes playing dungeons and raids better and should be added as an option instead of being removed or restricted.
    Exactly!
    /10chars
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.