Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Wrath of the Lich King Classic Beta Development Notes

Wrath of the Lich King Classic Beta Opt-In

Wrath of the Lich King Classic Beta Development Notes
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Welcome to the Wrath of the Lich King Classic Beta!
    The team has been working hard to get Northrend ready for you to jump in and begin your adventures, and we’re excited to have you join us! Over the coming weeks we will post notes and updates in this forum with each new update to the Beta.

Beta Test Release Build 44301 - June 22, 2022

Level Cap: 76

Focus:
    • Questing/Level-up Experience
    • Northrend Zones
    • Dungeons
    • New Spells, Talents, and Abilities
    • Death Knight Starting Experience
    • New Systems and Features:
      • Revamped Group Finder
      • Vehicles
      • Quest phasing
      • Glyphs and Inscription
        Note: To facilitate Glyph testing, a Glyph Vendor has been placed in Dalaran, near the Inscription building.

The Wrath of the Lich King Classic Beta Has Begun!
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    The Wrath of the Lich King Classic beta test has begun! Over the course of the test, we’ll be inviting opt-in beta testers and more to check out the upcoming Classic expansion and give us feedback.

Players selected to participate in the beta test will receive an email invitation directing them to download the beta client directly from the Battle.net desktop app. As always, please be aware of phishing attempts—if you’re unsure whether your invitation is legitimate, please log in to your Battle.net account to verify that there is a Wrath of the Lich King Classic beta license attached (under Your Game Accounts).

If you haven't received an invite this time, don’t forget to sign up for the beta* for your chance to participate. Additional invite waves will happen as we get further into development.

Getting Started

If you’ve been selected to participate in the beta test, your Battle.net account will already be flagged for access.

• Make sure your graphics drivers are up to date.
    • Run the Battle.net desktop app—it may need to update itself if you haven’t run it recently. If you don’t have the app installed, get started here.
    • Once Battle.net is installed and updated, select World of Warcraft from the list of games.
    • In the Game Version drop-down menu above the Play button, choose the Wrath of the Lich King Classic Beta (listed under In Development) option, then click Install.
    • Allow installation to complete, click Play and select any of the available Test Servers.
    • Create a new test character or copy over a character from your live Burning Crusade Classic account using the Copy Character button.
    • Enter the game and test the content.

If you have issues installing and operating the Wrath of the Lich King beta, please check our Common Technical Issues and Solutions to begin troubleshooting.

Providing Feedback

We’d love to hear about your experiences in Wrath of the Lich King Classic, so once you’ve had a chance to play, please send us your feedback on the Wrath of the Lich King Classic beta forums, or follow the discussion on the WoW Community Council forums.

*Accounts must have an active World of Warcraft subscription or game time in order to be eligible for beta access selection.

7+ Year Old Account
    Hooooboy cant wait to test. Hope i get in

Nice , my main was blood dk for 10 years can't wait to play one again.. ! <3

I will definitely play Wrath Classic on launch, but I doubt I will stay for long, since I have fully experienced Wrath many times, on retail and private servers.

I think Wrath's longterm popularity will entirely depend on the PVP. The raid content and PVE content will get stale very fast, even Ulduar once it comes out.

go go - make sure Bobby doesnt have to hire proffesional testers while players do all testing for blizzard for free

and then complain about milion bugs because well tests were done by players not by proffesional testers

so i see i need a active account to beta test. so i have to pay you for a chance at becoming a free bug killer? NTY Bobby

Quote Originally Posted by Lenarific View Post
    so i see i need a active account to beta test. so i have to pay you for a chance at becoming a free bug killer? NTY Bobby
    They want active players to test the game? Say it ain't so!

10+ Year Old Account
    Any1 got a spare invite lying around?

Would love to get back in to wotlk (aka peak wow), now I have some free time again..

EU : TAG#21543

Much appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by darassper View Post
    Any1 got a spare invite lying around?

Would love to get back in to wotlk (aka peak wow), now I have some free time again..

EU : TAG#21543

Much appreciated!
    Dont think it works that way bud. GL
    Never underestimate the unknown, or some shit. *shrugs i unno*

do they really need a beta for this? seems odd to me they need that much work and player feedback to simply rerelease an old game with the same systems.

is it just to test the game on new servers/hardware?

Quote Originally Posted by Djaye View Post
    do they really need a beta for this? seems odd to me they need that much work and player feedback to simply rerelease an old game with the same systems.

is it just to test the game on new servers/hardware?
    Even though it’s still the ‘same’ game, it’s brand new in how it get migrated over. Literally everything still needs tested.

Are we sure the beta truly started? I haven't received an invite yet

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    go go - make sure Bobby doesnt have to hire proffesional testers while players do all testing for blizzard for free

and then complain about milion bugs because well tests were done by players not by proffesional testers
    how many testers do you want blizzard to hire that could find the same number of issues that milions of players find when its live?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lawlhero View Post
    Dont think it works that way bud. GL
    actualy it does,if someone logs in with their account,and downloads the beta,you also get acces to it,they can remotely log in on your pc so you dont see the info

Played Classic, was fun. Played BC, was fun the first half. WotLK... yeah it's dead now.

I'd like to play Wotlk, but not the current Dev's\Designers butchered version of it.

I would expect that they will get rid of the type of aoe used in WotLK back in the day and now discarded. That simply has to change a lot of fights.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by twothe View Post
    Played Classic, was fun. Played BC, was fun the first half. WotLK... yeah it's dead now.
    Far from that, it feels far more alive than retail.

Comparing Firemaw EU with Draenor EU, the most pop servers of each own. Remember tho. it is summer and end of expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    Far from that, it feels far more alive than retail.

Comparing Firemaw EU with Draenor EU, the most pop servers of each own. Remember tho. it is summer and end of expansions.
    I am not talking about the people but about the content. People will soon learn that WotLK isn't as fun a they remember, because 90% came from the community.

If you want to talk about people try playing on Ascension private server for a while, and find so many people in OG that the FPS drops to 20 and below. The WoW population is outside Blizzard realms by now.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by twothe View Post
    I am not talking about the people but about the content. People will soon learn that WotLK isn't as fun a they remember, because 90% came from the community.

If you want to talk about people try playing on Ascension private server for a while, and find so many people in OG that the FPS drops to 20 and below. The WoW population is outside Blizzard realms by now.
    Sory but you are wrong. WotLK hosts some of (if not the) best lore. Questing is also very good and so are the raids. Naxx included, specially for classic, as it is the perfect place to gear up all the alts.
    Last edited by shise; 2022-06-30 at 09:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    They want active players to test the game? Say it ain't so!
    You ment they want active streamers. There fixed it for ya. I've been an active player and nonstop subscriber since 07, them saying they want active players is outright lie. They want 95% streamers and the other 5% invited are non streamers.