Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Loveliest View Post
    By people's comments, changes were made because of competitive play. Can anyone explain how so? I seem to be missing something that happened.
    Larger FOV (Field of Vision) means they can see more to the sides than someone with a lower FOV.

This gives the "Unfair Advantage" to the people that have it at 120 as opposed to 90.

https://www.wowhead.com/news/change-...h-9-2-5-327456

Pics and Video in that post on WoWHead that explains it pretty well.
    Last edited by SinR; 2022-06-24 at 07:38 PM.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

lol and the predicted ass fucking has arrived, RiP FoV change I shall miss you

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    lol and the predicted ass fucking has arrived, RiP FoV change I shall miss you
    Aye, I saw the news report on wowhead and thought "Oh shit, this is gonna get fixed FAST"

Just like the auto cast for reticle based spells

https://www.wowhead.com/news/automat...s-using-327371
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

The bone-headedness of blizzard never ceases to amaze me, just like the max camera distance fix back in the day.

People throw such fits because they claim WoW is "pay2win" and give some people an unfair advantage. And then throw the same fits when something that actually does give people an unfair advantage is fixed.

It's a wonder some of you don't light yourselves on fire more often.

Wasn't there an addon for increasing the FoV? I remember something like that being added for people who didn't want to use macros for whatever reason.

Quote Originally Posted by ZalidtheBur View Post
    It's a known issue that has occurred recently. Nothing to do with macros. Just targeting the boss can sometimes cause the hunter to autoshot for no reason. It's a pita.
    Intersting, glad I am lucky to not have seen it since I always click bosses during our raids .
    I'll be on the lookout tonight during raid time.

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    Larger FOV (Field of Vision) means they can see more to the sides than someone with a lower FOV.

This gives the "Unfair Advantage" to the people that have it at 120 as opposed to 90.

https://www.wowhead.com/news/change-...h-9-2-5-327456

Pics and Video in that post on WoWHead that explains it pretty well.
    the difference between 90 and 120 isn't likely to be a major advantage. I can see it occasionally being a slight edge, possibly even the deciding factor in an extremely closely matched game. and that imbalance, small as it may be, is also easily solved. one way is the way blizzard did it. break the console command and have everyone stuck with the same maximum field of view. even playing field. but it's been pretty obvious time and again that this IS a feature that many players want and value. so surely a better solution, one that would have the exact same effect of evening the playing field but without any backlash would be... change the max field of view setting in the UI options so that people who know about the console command no longer have an advantage over those who do not. anyone can set their field of view to 120 quite easily. nobody has to, but anybody can. how is that not both the better and the more obvious solution?

Quote Originally Posted by Sinyc View Post
    I have mained a Hunter since BC and don't ever attack on left click. Perhaps have someone look over their macros?
    Hunters mark was starting autoattack was one of the problems

Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    People throw such fits because they claim WoW is "pay2win" and give some people an unfair advantage. And then throw the same fits when something that actually does give people an unfair advantage is fixed.

It's a wonder some of you don't light yourselves on fire more often.
    Yes, compare a simple command that anyone can use to paying real money for advantage. Dont spill that gasoline on yourself by accident.